[Resolved] Do You Actually Support Your Products?

Joe Lorenc

Over 4 days ago I filed a support request 320 will not load #128852.  I received one generic response, to which I promptly replied that it did not solve my issue.

Since then, NOTHING, and, I can not even sign into your HelpDesk anymore - I get "access denied".  There is also an ongoing thread "Crash on Loading" that has had virtually ZERO involvement from Flight SIm Labs.

Even if I wanted to (I don't) I can't get a refund since I did not purchase latest version direct - just through the FSX/P3D upgrade path.  

So FS LABS - how about focusing on your customers as much as the pirates and those seeking refunds?  Please - help solve this problem.

Norman Blackburn

Hi Joe

As you can imagine things have been a little busy the past few days.  I will try my best and look at yours later.

6 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Joe

As you can imagine things have been a little busy the past few days.  I will try my best and look at yours later.

That would be very much appreciated - thank you.

Sure but i cannot at this moment give you 1 to 1 interaction. I would like to get some rest from what has occurred in the past few days. I am sure you will say its not your fault and it is not mine either. assistance is given by volunteers and at the moment we are a little busy trying to catch up on some tickets that got overlooked in the melee. Norman who HAS said he will help is in the middle of God knows where at the moment as his job entails travel.

A: First ensure you are running the installer *as ADMINISTRATOR*. If that's the case, try the following:

1. Check that your DNS name servers are set to 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 (Google's public name servers) like this:

image.png

Q: Prepar3D crashes 

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Prepar3D and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for Prepar3d.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart the sim - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your sim is marked and running with "Run as Administrator"

Please try these fixes. I will talk to Norman when he lands from his next flight. Please understand that we are juggling things as quickly as we can. 

10 hours ago, John Barnes said:

Sure but i cannot at this moment give you 1 to 1 interaction. I would like to get some rest from what has occurred in the past few days. I am sure you will say its not your fault and it is not mine either. assistance is given by volunteers and at the moment we are a little busy trying to catch up on some tickets that got overlooked in the melee. Norman who HAS said he will help is in the middle of God knows where at the moment as his job entails travel.

. . .

Then, restart the sim - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your sim is marked and running with "Run as Administrator"

Please try these fixes. I will talk to Norman when he lands from his next flight. Please understand that we are juggling things as quickly as we can. 

Thank you for the generic suggestions, similar to what I already received in the the first and only reply to my ticket.

Same Issue, no change.

Only item not in that varied in this suggestion was the DNS, changed that and restarted before installing bus - again, no change.

I have been asked to tell you please submit an email detailing the issue to

support[at]flightsimlabs[dot]com

You will get direct assistance on this matter.

Please mark resolved.  I was contacted by Support, and a TeamViewer session was on deck for next week (thank you).

In the meantime I decided to install the P3Dv4.2 CONTENT, and it seems to have done the trick.  I only saw before that it was a general suggestion, not a requirement, and I was hesitant to risk my add ons and sceneries number quite a bit . . .

• Like 1