Antivirus Exclusions

Tom Redsell

I've tried to install spotlights for months but have never managed to get it to run in the A320 (or any other aircraft) since moving to P3D. I have all the correct exclusions set in Defender. And no other Anti Virus. I have one final attempt, there is no physical folder at C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs (although I did manually create it, no files were ever placed there)... Could it have generated elsewhere and as such a different folder may need to be excluded to enable what should be there to run?

From page 1 of the A320X installation guide -

Exclude the following folders and files from scanning by your Anti-Virus software:
• C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons
C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs
C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Spotlights
or the folder you have chosen to install the A320-X and/or Spotlights in
• C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
• Your Prepar3D v4 main folder
• C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Hi Bob, Sorry I should have been clearer, I have excluded all of those folders as the manual states, but still don't have any joy with Spotlights. There are references here to an appdata\local folder that FSL creates but didnt for me. And I wondered if that might be placed elsewhere for any reason and be the cause of my problem? 

Norman Blackburn
On 18/02/2018 at 8:25 AM, Tom Redsell said:

Hi Bob, Sorry I should have been clearer, I have excluded all of those folders as the manual states, but still don't have any joy with Spotlights. There are references here to an appdata\local folder that FSL creates but didnt for me. And I wondered if that might be placed elsewhere for any reason and be the cause of my problem? 

Tom,

FSL dont create the LM folder, they do.

Thanks for your replies guys. The folder I'm referencing is the appdata\FlightsimLabs that is mentioned in other posts here not the LM ones.

But either way, in light of what is going on I think I will refrain from disabling my anti virus and I will disable the exceptions for now, just until I know what they are/were actually allowing through.

Thanks again.