Share your knowledge!

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Hello everyone

I am starting this topic to bundle all (LEGAL!) sources considering flying the A320 and some useful tips and tricks. It can be a manual you have written, a youtube channel, a website, ... Please check before you share. Often airlines do not allow to share their FCOM's, checklists, QRH's etc.

So, go ahead. Share the experience and knowledge (and if you have some tools, go ahead as well)!

My main sources:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/AIRBUS/A320.html

Youtube channels:

Baltic Aviation Academy

Captain Joe

Blackbox711

Vprep (A320)

• Like 4
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Sounds excellent to me. 

I am in the last few days/weeks of finishing an extended Checklist, which I scraped out of Official Airbus Documents like FCOM 03, FCTM, FISM, etc.

May be checklist is the wrong word for the thing - the better formulation is procedure guide. It weights 38 pages, running through Exterior Safety Scan up to securing the aircraft. 

Anyway, the document is dedicated to my dad, who passed away in March 2017 on cancer, so if it would find a warm and hospitable place somewhere here, I would be happy about it.

I would expect it to be finished in March.

Have a good day

Thorsten

• Like 5
Tim Vancauwenbergh
6 hours ago, Thorsten Kirchheim said:

Sounds excellent to me. 

I am in the last few days/weeks of finishing an extended Checklist, which I scraped out of Official Airbus Documents like FCOM 03, FCTM, FISM, etc.

May be checklist is the wrong word for the thing - the better formulation is procedure guide. It weights 38 pages, running through Exterior Safety Scan up to securing the aircraft. 

Anyway, the document is dedicated to my dad, who passed away in March 2017 on cancer, so if it would find a warm and hospitable place somewhere here, I would be happy about it.

I would expect it to be finished in March.

Have a good day

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten

I am sorry to hear about your dad. This is certainly the place to share it, I am getting curious as it sounds like a kind of flows list (or like you call it a procedure guide indeed) to me at the same time ;).

Kind regards

Tim

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM
9 hours ago, Tim Vancauwenbergh said:

Hi Thorsten

I am sorry to hear about your dad. This is certainly the place to share it, I am getting curious as it sounds like a kind of flows list (or like you call it a procedure guide indeed) to me at the same time ;).

Kind regards

Tim

Yepp ... actually it is build like a flow list.

So you can start with the first few steps and can gradually work it up.

Included are some more frequent non-standard procedures like Anti-Icing, Heavy Cross Wind Take-Offs, Operations in Heavy Rain, Turbulence Penetration, Step-Climbs and so on.

FCOM 03.3 was main reference for it, as well as other official Airbus references. I also used Mark Ray´s "A320 Checkride and Simulator Guide", but to be true, I regard the latter with mixed feelings. 

Below you can find an exerpt. 

Have a good day :-)

Thorsten

FnpQZYb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FnpQZYb.jpg

• Like 1
Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

Very nice Idea!

I keep a copy of the FCOM's available in smartcockpit.com, but I have to confess those are somewhat a piece of hardcore lecture.

To me Blackbox is -without a doubt- the reference. His first videos are a basic A320 training for the FS Joe's. He covers everything that a simpilot needs to know in order to fly this baby. On top of that, he provides lots of insight, advices and hints in his weekly streams... (look for him in youtube/twitch - blackbox711)

Hands down. Long life to this guy :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

I know, I am a bit late.

Actually I wanted to upload the SOPs already in March.

But anyway - better late than never.

So you can find the stuff now at

Downloads > Documentation

Have fun and have a good day

Thorsten

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Finally found this thread again ... 

Anyway, I added two files in the documentation-area for the A320 of this forum. 

1. Interactive To Do List for the A320 in Chrome Hypertext Format

Basing on a concept of Gerard Beekman, I added an interactive To Do List for the Airbus A320 Family in the documentation-downloads area.

It is mostly identical to the simple A320 Cockpit Flows To Do List, that I placed in documentation section this summer.

Thus it contains 32 Sections, from Exterior Safety Inspection up to Securing the Aircraft.

Included are also non-standard procedures like ETOPS-Operations, Turbulence Penetration, Holding Patterns, and so on.

As stated, the checklist is interactive. Flows, that were completed, can be properley marked as done just by finger tip or mouse click.

My thank here goes  again to Mr. Gerard Beeckman, for making his converter available to the community.

2. To Do List for the A320-Family in PDF-Format

Number 2 is a simple To Do List for the A320-Family in PDF-Format. 

As stated, none of this files is designed as a compendium or a manual. 

It´s only purpose is to help you navigating through the cockpit flows from Cold and Dark to Securing the Airplane. 

You can find both files here

Have a good day,

Thorsten 

AIRBUS A320 FAMILY - COCKPIT FLOWS HTML.jpg

• Thanks 1