PFPX & A320 P3Dv4....

Alain Corbisier

Wayne Klockner

Yes, and the process is described in the Introductory Guide for the aircraft.

philippe dulaey

and as for me it does not work.

Before saying RTFM, ask yourself why your customers are asking, perhaps they have already followed the manual .

Either it is not clear, either it is false !

PFPX does not save to the right directory, and if you change the directory and save the file in the FSLabs AOC Uplink directory, you do not receive anything in the FMGS .....

Further more, it kills your Standard.xml file on a regular base ... Better to save it before to rebuild it each time ...

Sorry to say that the product is interresting, but not finished,

Best Regards

philippe dulaey

And just to add some more, ask yourself too why it is not possible to change a scenery in the library without killing P3Dv4.1.

It was a known error of P3Dv4 before the last update, but came no more until we load the A320x.

I am fighting now for 10 days to make this plane work in my cockpit, and I am far from success at this point, that's why I am not in a good mood this evening.

PFPX + Active Sky 4 + P3Dv4.1 + FSLabs A320X + Goflight + FSUIPC + LINDA, LUA, Thrustmaster Target, MFG Crosswind rudder:    

Nobody cares that the others could exist, that's all GREAT FUN !

Alexandre K

Please specify your OS and if PFPX is on the same computer as your sim.

For WIN 10 :

PFPX OFP format set to "PFPX".

Then print the flightplan, but select the A320 AOC Uplink as the printer.

For WIN 7 or NETWORKED COMPUTER:

PFPX OFP format set to "PFPX".

Save the ofp in /FSLabs/AOCService/Uplink/127.......NAV (make sure that the folder's name has to same database as installed in the A320).

If you exactly did that and a problem is still occuring, I'll suggest you to post in the appropriate section of the forum cause you won't get support from FSL here, only from the users. Don't struggle 10 days to make work the plane, ask :P people will help you!

Regards, Alex.

• Thanks 1
Stephen Cooke

Using the AOC print service does not work for everybody.

Save the OFP to Public Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes folder

In the MCDU enter the flight number eg BAW123 followed by INIT REQUEST

philippe dulaey

Sorry for yesterday, I was very upset to search everywhere how to make it work. :(

Thank you Alexandre and Stephen to have answered anyway ...:)

I am on WIN7 64 pro.

@Alexandre: I am sure of the destination folder when I press 'Save OFP', PFPX format is set to PFPX. I suppose that you are on WIN10 if it works for you .

@Stephen : Do you mean the text file in the route data folder . I did not test that

Thanks both, my bad mood should have gone elsewhere:wacko:

Alexandre K

@philippe dulaey Nope I'm on Win 7, I use simbrief currently but I have PFPX aswell and it worked.

What @Stephen Cooke said might be a solution, there is another one aswell : to create a "Prepar3d v3 Files" folder (even if you are on P3DV4) in your Documents, and to save the .pln in this folder, then to request the route in the MCDU. It will however only file the flightplan page and you'll still have to file Init A and B.

Stephen Cooke
17 minutes ago, philippe dulaey said:

@Stephen : Do you mean the text file in the route data folder . I did not test that

Having released the flight in PFPX from the PRINT FLIGHT PLAN drop list select SAVE OFP and initially navigate to Public Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes. This will save the plan in .txt format.

The path will be remembered for the next time

philippe dulaey

Thank you for your help, I appreciate your concern,

The only thing which works for me is to save the P3DV4 flight plan to Prepar3D v4 Files, but of course I loose half of the OFP.

I use SimBrief too to populate the plan from time to time, not in this case, as I build a circuit around LFPG to train for manual Holdings with crosswinds. I have tried to follow the way of Stepen, it writes the plan in .txt in the Public Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes as said, and does not delete it as it was done in : Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\AOCService\Uplink.

I let PFPX opened and of course EXT POWER is established in A320X.

Once in the MCDU, with INIT REQUEST, i get an "INVALID F-PLN UPLINK" message instead of "AOC ACT F-PLN UPLINK" as written in the introduction guide.

I must be damned from the God of fsLabs A320X ...:wub:

philippe dulaey

Thank you for helping

I was speaking of WIN7 64, P3DV4.1, and FSLabs A320X,  and not from FSX or older P3D versions.

I serached the forum of PFPX and found that the probleme exists for all those who have the same configuration.

see: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127942-how-to-get-pfpx-to-work-with-flight-sim-labs-a320x-p3d-v41/

PROBLEM UNSOLVED YET FOR THE UPLINK

Matt LaMay
On 1/25/2018 at 12:59 PM, philippe dulaey said:

Before saying RTFM, ask yourself why your customers are asking, perhaps they have already followed the manual .

Either it is not clear, either it is false !

Boy, aren't you a ball of joy...

All your answers about how to import flightplans in p3d v4 are located within that thread.

Jean Marc Devoisins

Hi !

2 things :

1/  using "A320 printer" is for the FMCG

2/ Saving flight plan is done when asking for export, but indeed PFPX save it in P3D v3 folder...

You have to copy it in P3D V4 forder...

philippe dulaey

Thanks to all,

I have got  the support from FSL who confirmed that the version 215 will be modified for the next release on this point.:)

We just have to wait a little. That's a clear answer.

For those who are lucky enough and can import the flight plan with all the constraints (speed, altitude, holdings, Cost Index etc ...), enjoy your luck ;)

Norman Blackburn

txt_plan.jpgcorte_pln.jpg

Here shows both a regular PLN and a txt file generated by PFPX working in our latest builds. Plans provided by Philippe.

philippe dulaey

Just to say that with SIMBRIEF, the OFP text file is correctly imported with the details in the FMGS/MCDU. :)

SIMBRIEF is free and PFPX is payware ....:P

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, philippe dulaey said:

Just to say that with SIMBRIEF, the OFP text file is correctly imported with the details in the FMGS/MCDU. :)

SIMBRIEF is free and PFPX is payware ....:P

Each have benefits the other one doesn't.  

• 3 weeks later...
Stephan Nußbaumer

@philippe dulaey i too had problems with "printing" the fp from pfpx to the AOC uplink.
once i tried running pfpx as admin it worked perfectly fine.
i think it has to do with since with p3dv4 the A320X install directory has shifted to C:Users/"your username"/Documents/Prepar3d v4 Add-ons/FSLabs/...
PFPX seems to have some issues writing into this directory, because it is on the OS partition.
It does not seem write to this directory at all without admin rights.
As i mentioned, once i ran pfpx as admin the problem was fixed.
You might want to give it a try.
I hope that i could have been of help.

regards
Stephan Nußbaumer

philippe dulaey

Since the new release, my flightplans PFPX are imported when I put them in the uplink folder .  Mystery of A320 !

Just like when I press on Autobrakes MAX before takeoff and that my brakes come ON without touching my rudder ....