[Resolved] Spotlights Not Working in A320 for P3Dv4

Andrew Pharoah

Andrew Pharoah

Hello,

Please can you advise. I purchased Spotlights back on 20/01/17 and was using it fine in the A320X in P3Dv3.

I have updated to P3Dv4 and downloaded and installed Spotlights v 2.0.0.3 (the install didn't request a SN to be entered?)

When using the lights in the A320X, none of the panel floodlights work.

If I call up the FSLSpotlights Manager, it says at the bottom in red - Trial/Demo Mode (works only @LGAV airport.)

What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew

Lefteris Kalamaras

First of all,

you do not need Spotlights to be purchased to be available and working in the FSLabs A320-X or any FSLabs aircraft, they work for free. But thank you for your support and kind purchase!

If you want, you can enable the activation on P3Dv4 as well, just use the Serial Number purchased in the new Spotlights Manager that comes with the version for P3Dv4.

As to why they don't work - have you gone through all the proper antivirus exclusions? They need to be added properly for them to work correctly.

Andrew Pharoah

Evening Lefteris,

Thanks for your prompt response as always.

I purchased FSSpotlights by mistake believing that I needed it for the A320X. No matter. I had installed it  properly, following all the Antivirus guidelines.

I have solved my problem by following the advice in another thread, namely to exclude ALL the FSLabs folders in Windows Defender :

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs 
C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs
C:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
C:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs

This has solved the problem.

One quick question please. i cant locate the A320X  folders in C:Program Files/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4/Simobjects/Airplanes. I want to install an additional livery and need to find the location to insert it?

Im trying to follow the authors instruction: P3D V4: Go to your FSLabs A320 folder, Then go to FSLABS/SimObjects/Airplanes/FSLabs A320CFM and drag and drop the texture folder there.

Many thanks for your wonderful products. Cant wait for the A319......

Best wishes

Andrew

Norman Blackburn

Andrew,

We don't place our aircraft there, rather using the method preferred by LM. You will find them in C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\

Also for now you should also exclude C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs\LAAS

Alp Deniz Senyurt
On 1/25/2018 at 12:00 PM, Andrew Pharoah said:

have solved my problem by following the advice in another thread, namely to exclude ALL the FSLabs folders in Windows Defender :

How do you exclude folders in Windows Defender?

Andrew Pharoah

Open Windows Defender Security Center, and then select Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions. Under Add an exclusion, select the filesfoldersfile types, or process.

google has plenty of help advice. Very easy.

• Like 2
  • Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved] Spotlights Not Working in A320 for P3Dv4
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic