What am I doing wrong?

Antonio King

Antonio King

Hey all,

So I'm back to having some issues with Spotlights for the A320. For some reason, they'll load fine in default aircraft (where I can see the symbol at the bottom left), however, when I load the A320, they aren't on and don't work. I'll shut down the sim, restart it with the A320 loading from the default menu, and the night lighting isn't there. 

Is it a requirement to load a default a/c first, then the A320?

Norman Blackburn

Hi Antonio,

Please change your forum name to be your real name.

In the 320X you wont see that little symbol.

If you are using FSX then you need to load a default aircraft first, otherwise you can go straight to the 320X.

Have you added exceptions to your Windows Defender?

Antonio King

Additionally, just loaded the airbus right up. No dome lights. Loaded up a default aircraft, I can see the icon on the bottom right (I understand you won't see it in the bus). Turned on the lights in the default aircraft, re-loaded the bus, and nothing. 

Have you tried this?

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Rgds

JB