Lights on with no power

Avery Black

Avery Black

I was just putting loading in the concorde this morning when I noticed something strange. In cold and dark mode, with the batteries and ground power disconnected, with Emergency lights off (not Armed), I can still turn on the flood lights and the timers showed a time on it. I'm pretty sure this is a pretty nitpicky thing but I was wondering if I was missing another power source that could be coming in as well? For reference, here are what my panels look like below:Screenshot_139.thumb.png.b1504e286f85bb8b482e5a930d29a03c.png

Fraser Gale

The boarding lights would work direct from the battery as long as the ground services switch (not simulated) in the forward galley was on. Otherwise you could fall over trying to get to a very dark flight deck! 

The clocks ran directly from the battery also in order to keep time, and the light that is on in your screen shot of the electrical panel shows that ground power is plugged in ready for use.

Frazz

• Thanks 1
Avery Black
8 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

The boarding lights would work direct from the battery as long as the ground services switch (not simulated) in the forward galley was on. Otherwise you could fall over trying to get to a very dark flight deck! 

The clocks ran directly from the battery also in order to keep time, and the light that is on in your screen shot of the electrical panel shows that ground power is plugged in ready for use.

Frazz

Ah I see, thanks. I wasn't aware about the forward galley stuff, although it makes sense.

Fraser Gale

Slight correction to my post above - I typed it in a hurry, the lights would work dependant on the ground services switch as I said but the power came from the external source (ground power unit) so no ground power, no lights. You had ground power according to your screen shot so they would work. There was a couple of spot lights for boarding that were operated by a switch on the galley panel at the front left door and by a switch in the gangway. 

The clock does work direct front the battery as I previously stated just like a car!

Avery Black
On 1/1/2018 at 3:55 AM, Fraser Gale said:

Slight correction to my post above - I typed it in a hurry, the lights would work dependant on the ground services switch as I said but the power came from the external source (ground power unit) so no ground power, no lights. You had ground power according to your screen shot so they would work. There was a couple of spot lights for boarding that were operated by a switch on the galley panel at the front left door and by a switch in the gangway. 

The clock does work direct front the battery as I previously stated just like a car!

So would the lights work even if I hadn't closed the breaker or whatever for ground power?

Fraser Gale

If the "ground power available" light is on, like it was in your screen shot then yes, the lights would work directly from the ground power without you putting the ground power on in the flight deck.