PFPX Profile

Fraser Gale

Fraser Gale

Hello all,

I have finally created a set of profiles for PFPX to allow Concorde flight planning.  While it can never be 100% accurate due to the limitations of the application, the profiles make it a little more bearable when using it to plan new or existing routes.  Overall fuel figures are reasonably accurate as long as you apply the Concorde fuel policy that I have also included. 

Here is a link to the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wmx1chsnqppf14/AAA6C0DlxOHMwysM9zMzNFjva?dl=0

There is a "read me" file to help you out.

Cheers,

Frazz 

• Like 3
Ray Proudfoot

Hi Frazz,

Whilst your effort is commendable I’m wondering why you wouldn’t use CPS-X. Does PFX offer any advantages?

Steve Prowse

Brilliant Fraser thanks for everything you do for us all. Can I post a link to your PFPX files on my other forum?  Once again thanks for all your help.

Happy new year

Steve

Fraser Gale

Ray,

we've had this discussion before and whilst I think CPS-X is a great tool, I don't think it is a requirement for us all to use it - I applaud your sales efforts though as you manage to get it mentioned in nearly every topic on here...:lol:

Using PFPX means I can plan a route with reasonable figures in ONE application.  I don't need the performance figures because I calculate them using my own computer program or the actual performance manual, just as was done in the real world. 

The last time I used CPS-X it did not have a route planner, it was a dispatching tool into which you had to import the route - from PFPX.

Why have two applications when one will do? 

Plus, without disrespect to AF at all, as I've said they had slightly different ways of calculating things and I prefer to use the BA figures, which is what is in PFPX.  

If you don't want to use it, then you don't have to...

Frazz

2 minutes ago, Steve Prowse said:

Brilliant Fraser thanks for everything you do for us all. Can I post a link to your PFPX files on my other forum?  Once again thanks for all your help.

Happy new year

Steve

Yes sure, just remember it is not 100% accurate all the time!

Frazz

Fraser Gale
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Frazz. Fully understand your points. I get no commission for CPS-X. Each to their own. :)

Indeed, just remember I go for realism before ease of use, that's another reason.

• Like 1
Steve Prowse
19 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

Indeed, just remember I go for realism before ease of use, that's another reason.

I must say I too go for realism, even if some may find it boring.  I always find Concorde behaves well if you treat her like the lady she is!

cheers

steve

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Fraser Gale
1 hour ago, Steve Prowse said:

Would it be possible to have this thread made a Sticky?  It's so useful.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

I think you'll need to copy Andrew or Lefteris in or they might not see this.