Take-Off Performance

David Katona

James Annis

Thanks. I’m finding the calculator is giving me an approximate 5-10kts increase in v-speeds generally. I’m guessing this is due to atmospheric data that the aircraft wouldn’t assimilate?

• Like 2
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Katona

• Brad Zimmer

• Riccardo_Parachini

• Igor Petrov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Available at http://wabpro.cz/A320/   Hey everyone, I am planning to publish my take-off performance calculation website in a few days. Figures are based on FCOM performance cha

Hi guys, I have enabled the W & B tab on the website. Right now kilograms only! First select engine type on the Take-Off tab, as different CoG envelopes apply. CONFIG: If you select a co

Just to show you guys what I am working on for the W&B page... This is rather for people who actually care about the balance   It will show the weight and balance positions and the limits. The r

Posted Images

Liam Carbin
13 hours ago, James Annis said:

Thanks. I’m finding the calculator is giving me an approximate 5-10kts increase in v-speeds generally. I’m guessing this is due to atmospheric data that the aircraft wouldn’t assimilate?

Affirm. AFAIK the MCDU doesnt take into account runway length, weather conditions etc and is a rough guestimate. 

Charles Macdonald

This is an awesome tool, and I love how it fits into an already extremely realistic aircraft simulation...realistically!

If there would be one thing that I think is missing, I think that would be a less involved W&B page. Since I do planning in simbrief, I don't know values like actual passenger count or actual bag count (the later isn't even given to me by the FSLabs), and my weights are already planned. Because of this, I think there should be options to enter more basic information, such as just the ZFW, or the passenger count, and the cargo weight etc.

Keep up the great work!

Igor Petrov
16 minutes ago, Charles Macdonald said:

This is an awesome tool, and I love how it fits into an already extremely realistic aircraft simulation...realistically!

If there would be one thing that I think is missing, I think that would be a less involved W&B page. Since I do planning in simbrief, I don't know values like actual passenger count or actual bag count (the later isn't even given to me by the FSLabs), and my weights are already planned. Because of this, I think there should be options to enter more basic information, such as just the ZFW, or the passenger count, and the cargo weight etc.

Keep up the great work!

What is really needed is just entering ZFW or TTL at least that is assigned by your VA.

Instead, I click 8-10 times on Random to get some close ZFW number, why not base all other TTL calculations and distribution based on it?

Thanks!!

Charles Macdonald
1 hour ago, Igor Petrov said:

What is really needed is just entering ZFW or TTL at least that is assigned by your VA.

Instead, I click 8-10 times on Random to get some close ZFW number, why not base all other TTL calculations and distribution based on it?

Thanks!!

Yes, exactly! We get given ZFW in our planning software, so may as well use that figure

Riccardo_Parachini
Yes, exactly! We get given ZFW in our planning software, so may as well use that figure

Hi, I think the program simulates very closely what real life airlines’ efb does.
For instance: at some airlines, one european with A320/319 for sure, pilots receive a loading form, which is just the number of pax splitted as males/females/children/infant and the number of passengers in each bay. The same for bags. Then they enter those figures in the efb program , which is very similar to the one created by David, and get Zfw/zfwcg and tow/towcg. So it’s quite close to reality the program.
Other airlines, and this could be similar to your case, just receive a final loadsheet with everything complete, so the pilots just enter the figures in the mcdu and use only the take off application of the program to compute take off performances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Charles Macdonald
2 hours ago, Riccardo_Parachini said:

Hi, I think the program simulates very closely what real life airlines’ efb does.
For instance: at some airlines, one european with A320/319 for sure, pilots receive a loading form, which is just the number of pax splitted as males/females/children/infant and the number of passengers in each bay. The same for bags. Then they enter those figures in the efb program , which is very similar to the one created by David, and get Zfw/zfwcg and tow/towcg. So it’s quite close to reality the program.
Other airlines, and this could be similar to your case, just receive a final loadsheet with everything complete, so the pilots just enter the figures in the mcdu and use only the take off application of the program to compute take off performances

Oh, interesting. I suppose that's pretty good then :D

• Like 1
Igor Petrov
3 hours ago, Riccardo_Parachini said:

So, this part would not contradict to what is already there in the program, but rather complete it with some more r/w procedures. Besides it could considerably simplify input of numbers (which is just ZFW) for some users. Neither do I think it's too difficult for the developer to add this feature taking how much calculations and programming (i.e. work) have been put in already.

Thanks!! 

Edited by Igor Petrov
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Shouldn't we be a bit more fair for the work, time and spent by David - next to the fact that we can use the product literally for free?

I mean, even with Flight planning done via simbrief, one should be able to cope with changed demands of this tool...

Next to the fact, that there is no ultimate way of flying... Some people use ZFW given via Simbrief, some use ZFW given via smartcars, and FSLabs extracts ZFW out of Passenger and Baggage numbers. In this way, Dave's approach is quite close to the FSLabs methodology.

Kind regards from Guinea-Pig Village

Igor Petrov
On 4/4/2018 at 4:56 PM, Thorsten Kirchheim said:

and FSLabs extracts ZFW out of Passenger and Baggage numbers. In this way, Dave's approach is quite close to the FSLabs methodology.

FSLabs is doing this either way, just enter ZFW only in the Options and see yourself. While I appreciate David's work very much (no two ways about it) I wish David's app could do a similar calculation and distribution. Nobody demands here nothing it just seems some excited users are getting more sensitive than the developer himself.

Cheers.

Edited by Igor Petrov
Zsolt Monostori

In the Takeoff tab, I found the option however I cannot seem to find this option under the Weight and Balance tab though, it seems to be KG only. 

Ayush Roy

Hey guys, a short question.

I used this tool as TO performance calculator...

It proposed me (Take off from LFRS) FLX 68 - 146/146/146 from RWY21.

RWY21's TORA is 2900m...next to FLX, I get the following indication: 2940 [+4]. What does that mean? What is my remaining distance available if I abort take off at V1? 

Thanks

Riccardo_Parachini
Hey guys, a short question.
I used this tool as TO performance calculator...
It proposed me (Take off from LFRS) FLX 68 - 146/146/146 from RWY21.
RWY21's TORA is 2900m...next to FLX, I get the following indication: 2940 [+4]. What does that mean? What is my remaining distance available if I abort take off at V1? 
Thanks

Hi!

No, it’s the wind component :) in your case it’s 4kts headwind

Ayush Roy
22 hours ago, Riccardo_Parachini said:

Hi!

No, it’s the wind component :) in your case it’s 4kts headwind

Thanks! So what does 2940 mean?

Norman Blackburn

@Klaus Schmitzer

There are a number of documents included with the 320x.  For copyright reasons we of course can not include the official manuals or even parts of them.

Klaus Schmitzer
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@Klaus Schmitzer

There are a number of documents included with the 320x.  For copyright reasons we of course can not include the official manuals or even parts of them.

Hmm? I meant a guidance for the Performance tool available here on the first page of this topic.

Khoa Nguyen

May I ask why there is a different in %MAC in IAE Version of FSLabs with %MAC of the tool ? 

My flight today : 

in the tool : 57920 [L]  / 27.5 %MAC

in FSlabs Payload : 57.9 / 27.9 %MAC

with same value in all CP1 TO CP5 and in 0A,B,C

Igor Petrov

Is TO Performance calculator down?

Every time I try to enter weights (RAND then INIT) the program gives me error:

Notification

Error occured, please try again!

Agree

Same with TO calculations.

Edited by Igor Petrov
Dave Woycek

Hi David,

the takeoff calculator seems to be broken. Maybe you'd like to have a look into this, see below.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Dave

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /data/web/virtuals/179064/virtual/www/domains/wabpro.cz/A320/getperf.php on line 71

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /data/web/virtuals/179064/virtual/www/domains/wabpro.cz/A320/getperf.php on line 110

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /data/web/virtuals/179064/virtual/www/domains/wabpro.cz/A320/getperf.php on line 141
{"TREF":44,"TFLEXMAX":68,"ELEV":646,"FLEX_R1":"NO\/GO","FLEX_R2":"NO\/GO","V1_R1":"","VR_R1":"","V2_R1":"","V1_R2":"","VR_R2":"","V2_R2":"","RTOW_R1":0,"RTOW_R2":0,"CRWY_R1":null,"CRWY_R2":null,"RWY_MIN":"2000","RWY_MIN_M":"2000","RWY_MIN_F":6562,"HDW_R1":-1,"HDW_R2":-1,"XWR_R1":6,"XWL_R1":-6,"XWR_R2":6,"XWL_R2":-6,"WEIGHT_MIN":43000}

David Katona
19 minutes ago, Ayush Roy said:

David Katona, any news? Seems completely broken...

I have contacted my webservice provider. It is their server/database access issue. :( hopefully resolved soon, even I can’t log in to my database. In a few weeks (I’m abroad on business travels) I’ll be moving the whole thing over to a better server. 

• Like 1
David Katona

Guys, I have logged in to my database and now in further talks with the provider. To give you a little insight: i am storing all the performance data in an SQL database. When you use the website to calculate, it is calling stored procedures and functions in the database, which in return gives you the performance data, takeoff speeds. All these stored procedures are now gone. I am talking to the webhosting company to see how they managed to make them disappear... more to come...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Martin von Dombrowski

Sounds pretty bad, do you have a backup of the data?

It would be nice to have this calculator as an app on your pc so you're not dependent on a webserver. Is that a possibility?

Igor Petrov

David, make a stand alone payware and sell it on SimMarket or similar online stores. 

Missing it very much atm.

Thanks,

Igor.

Edited by Igor Petrov
David Katona
1 hour ago, Martin von Dombrowski said:

Sounds pretty bad, do you have a backup of the data?

It would be nice to have this calculator as an app on your pc so you're not dependent on a webserver. Is that a possibility?

The data is not lost, only the SQL stored procedures at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Igor Petrov said:

David, make a stand alone payware and sell it on SimMarket or similar online stores. 

Missing it very much atm.

Thanks,

Igor.

I am looking at that option as well. Although a more reliable service provider would also solve most of these issues. Sorry for the outage at the moment, I will post updates here. 

Igor Petrov
5 minutes ago, David Katona said:

The data is not lost, only the SQL stored procedures at the moment. 

I am looking at that option as well. Although a more reliable service provider would also solve most of these issues. Sorry for the outage at the moment, I will post updates here. 

I'd buy no matter if the online calculator is available.

G€offr€y F€rnand€z

Once I was told by my provider (technical service, not commercial) that my file on server were lost forever. It was not the fact, using well hidden paths, I was able to restore files from a backup image of the server, made a few hours before my incident. On my own, because the technical support didn't point me on that backup at all and made no mention of it - they were wrong telling me we cannot restore files. So I'm sure you will be able to recover the lost data.

David Katona
14 minutes ago, G€offr€y F€rnand€z said:

Once I was told by my provider (technical service, not commercial) that my file on server were lost forever. It was not the fact, using well hidden paths, I was able to restore files from a backup image of the server, made a few hours before my incident. On my own, because the technical support didn't point me on that backup at all and made no mention of it - they were wrong telling me we cannot restore files. So I'm sure you will be able to recover the lost data.

This incompetence is just annoying. The issue started at Thursday midnight, exactly at midnight. So surely they scheduled some maintenance of some sort that went bad. I am still talking to them, but they keep telling me that there is no data lost. That is true, but when the provider doesn't understand the definition of stored procedures in a database, it makes me go mad... I work in IT for a global ground handling company, and losing data or anything related to database is not something my brain can comprehend :) 

Norman Blackburn
16 minutes ago, Marc Delaloy said:

Hello did this App works or not? I have a timeout when i set a T/O MACTOW.

Marc

Did it work? Yes perfectly. 

Does it work now?  No.  Please look back over the last few posts.

Will it work again soon? Hopefully yes.

• Like 3
Ayush Roy

Hey guys, can anyone please send me a load and trim sheet (balance chart) with FSLabs’ seat configuration? I am unable to find one! Would be great to manually calculate it...while waiting for the tool to come back ;) 

David Katona

The stored procedures have now been restored from a backup file. Everything should be back to normal, please let me know if not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Dave Woycek
36 minutes ago, David Katona said:

The stored procedures have now been restored from a backup file. Everything should be back to normal, please let me know if not.

T/O Perf calculation appears to be back to normal :-)

Thank you so much for your continued effort, David, and for providing us your fantastic tool!

• Like 1