58. VOML - Mangalore International, India

59. VOCI - Cochin International, India

60. VOCL - Calicut International, India

B. Ammendmends to existing airports

06. VOVZ - Added runway 05/23

07 VOBL - Added Intersections

C. Airports counterchecked

11. HEMA - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay

12. HECA - Checked Runway alignment. intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Katona

• Brad Zimmer

• Riccardo_Parachini

• Igor Petrov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Available at http://wabpro.cz/A320/   Hey everyone, I am planning to publish my take-off performance calculation website in a few days. Figures are based on FCOM performance cha

Hi guys, I have enabled the W & B tab on the website. Right now kilograms only! First select engine type on the Take-Off tab, as different CoG envelopes apply. CONFIG: If you select a co

Just to show you guys what I am working on for the W&B page... This is rather for people who actually care about the balance   It will show the weight and balance positions and the limits. The r

Posted Images

Edward Spence

Hi David

As a request, can you please remove the 2000M minimum limit with flaps1? I keep getting the error message when trying to use the intersection A departure from runway 26 at Luton with flaps1 as it has a TORA of 1771M.  The majority of easyJet departures at Luton are from A with flaps 1.  It also means that you get the same message when departing from smaller airports with a runway under 2000M.

Thanks

David Katona
5 minutes ago, Edward Spence said:

Hi David

As a request, can you please remove the 2000M minimum limit with flaps1? I keep getting the error message when trying to use the intersection A departure from runway 26 at Luton with flaps1 as it has a TORA of 1771M.  The majority of easyJet departures at Luton are from A with flaps 1.  It also means that you get the same message when departing from smaller airports with a runway under 2000M.

Thanks

Hi Edward,

I don't have data for that. If ever encounter a data chart for A320, Flaps 1 and runway length less than 2000m, I will most definitely remove that limitation and load the charts in the database. It wouldn't give you any result at this point even if I remove the limitation, as there is no data for that in the database.

Regards,
David

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

A. New Airports added

61. VOTV - Trivandrum International, India

62. VAID - Indore International, India

63. VANP - Nagpur International, India

64. VEIM - Imphal International, India

65. VEBS - Bhubhaneshwar International, India

66. VIAR - Amritsar International, India

67. VIJP - Jaipur International, India

68. VOMM - Chennai International, India

69. VOCB - Coimbatore International, India

70. VOMD - Madurai International, India

71. VOTR - Tiruchirappalli International, India

72. VOHS - Hyderabad International, India

73. VILK - Lucknow International, India

74. VEBN - Viranasi International, India

75. VECC - Kolkata International, India

76. OJAM - Amman, Jordan

77. OMSJ - Sharjah, United Arabian Emirates

78. OMRK - Ras Al Kaimah, United Arabian Emirates

79. OMDW - Al Maktoum, United Arabian Emirates

80. OMAL - AL Ain, United Arabian Emirates

08. VABB - Corrected intersections of runway 14/32

09. OMFJ - Corrected TORA runway 29

13. OJAI - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay

14. OJAQ - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay

14. OTHH - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay

Khoa Nguyen

Hi,

Amazing calculation tool for 320, great job!

Btw, In TODS page, the STAB trim displays as 0.0 meanwhile on the calculation page it is +0.6UP, would it be possible for a fix ? 

Thanks

Robbie Garrett

I like this! It's pretty cool - any chance of an iPad version so it fits the whole screen (like an app?)

Also any chance of a VAPP DETERMINATION WITHOUT FAILURE Page? I can do it manually in the QRH I have - VAPP DETERMINATION WITHOUT FAILURE page.   

With the addition of using the metar data to add the APPR COR speed.

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

A. New Airports added

81. OMAD - Al Bateen, United Arab Emirates

82. OEDF - Dammam International, Saudia Arabia

83. OEJN - Jeddah International, Saudi Arabia

84. OEMA _ Medinah International, Saudi Arabia

85. OEAH - Al-Ahsa International, Saudi Arabaia

86. OEYN - Yanbo International, Saudia Arabia

87. OEGS - Buraidah International, Saudi Arabia

88.  VGEG - Chittagong International, Bangladesh

89. VGHS - Dhaka International, Bangladesh

90. VGSY - Sylhet International, Bangladesh

10. OMAA - Added intersections

11. OMDB - Added missing intersections

12. VNKT - Added runway 20

Airports counterchecked

13. OOMS - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

14. OYAA - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

15. OERK - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

Thanks for the encouragement and the likes, Folks.

Guess tomorrow I will check out Birma and maybe Thailand

• Thanks 1
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Yepp Geoffrey, especially the map is lovely for route planning. I am quite confident that I will be in South East Asia around the end of the year

Kind regards from Guinea-Pig Village

David Katona
On 2/20/2018 at 4:37 AM, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

Hi,

Amazing calculation tool for 320, great job!

Btw, In TODS page, the STAB trim displays as 0.0 meanwhile on the calculation page it is +0.6UP, would it be possible for a fix ? 

Thanks

I will have a look and adjust it for the next version. The stab trim is now taken from the w&b tab for the TODS and when I also added it to the TPC tab, I did not link it to be printed on the TODS. 

19 hours ago, Robbie Garrett said:

I like this! It's pretty cool - any chance of an iPad version so it fits the whole screen (like an app?)

Also any chance of a VAPP DETERMINATION WITHOUT FAILURE Page? I can do it manually in the QRH I have - VAPP DETERMINATION WITHOUT FAILURE page.   

With the addition of using the metar data to add the APPR COR speed.

Next version will be better for iPad use so have a look when I release that. The landing performance is planned for a later release, but not before I add the A319 take-off performance and w&b.

• Like 3
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

A. New Airports added

91. VYMD - Mandalay International, Myanmar

92. VYYY - Yangon International, Myanmar

93. VYNT - Naypitaw International, Myanmar

16. VTBS - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay, but the intersections in tool are not mentioned in the take off minimum charts. Delete them?

17. VTBD - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

18. VTCC - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

19. VTCT - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

20. VTSS - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

21. VTSP - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

22. VTSM - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

23. VTSG - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

24. VTUD - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

25. VTSB - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

26. VTBU - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

27. VTUO - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

28. VTSE - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

29. VTPH - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

30. VTUK - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

31. VTCL - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

32. VTUL - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

33. VTCH - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

34. VTUW - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

35. VTSF - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

36. VTCN - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
NilsUnger
1 hour ago, Thorsten Kirchheim said:

16. VTBS - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay, but the intersections in tool are not mentioned in the take off minimum charts. Delete them?

Hi Thorsten, 

what do you mean? I found all the info for take off intersections on the charts. I was the one who entered them initially. 

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

you are using navigraph or aerosoft, Nils? In the navigraph stuff I did not found any reference about that ... so the cause can be on my side, too ...

by the way, Nils, good job ... so far the Thai Airports are pretty well done ... I guess I will be finished with looking over them tomorrow. 

NilsUnger

The Thai AIP are freely available on the internet https://ais.caat.or.th/aerodrome/

Look at "Aerodrome Information" for VTBS 7.7.4 and 7.7.5. The data is there.

24 minutes ago, Thorsten Kirchheim said:

by the way, Nils, good job ... so far the Thai Airports are pretty well done ...

Thanks, but I only did VTBS and VTSP. :lol:

Thanks to you man! Great contribution!

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM
The Thai AIP are freely available on the internet https://ais.caat.or.th/aerodrome/
Look at "Aerodrome Information" for VTBS 7.7.4 and 7.7.5. The data is there.
Thanks, but I only did VTBS and VTSP.
Thanks to you man! Great contribution!
Okay, that explains it then, I am mostly working with navigraph and the take off minimums displayed here.

I am current in vacations, while the rest of my family is working... (yeajjjjjjj)... So I can do the stuff when or while not doing something else... It will look different again next week... Pouts...

Kind regards from Guinea-Pig Village

Robbie Garrett
16 hours ago, David Katona said:

I will have a look and adjust it for the next version. The stab trim is now taken from the w&b tab for the TODS and when I also added it to the TPC tab, I did not link it to be printed on the TODS. 

Next version will be better for iPad use so have a look when I release that. The landing performance is planned for a later release, but not before I add the A319 take-off performance and w&b.

That would be brilliant. You should convert it all into an app as well for the app stores. Would be great, as I am sure you could web run it as an app?

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

37. VTSC - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

38. VTPP - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

39. VTSR - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

40. VTUV - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

41. VTUI - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

42. VTPO - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

43. VTST - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

44. VTBO - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

45. VTSC - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

46. VTUU - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

47. VTBK - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

48. VTUN - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

49. VTUQ - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

50. VTPB - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

50. VLLB - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

51. VTPB - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

52. VLVT - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

53. VLLB - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

54. VLSK - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

55. VLPS - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

56. VDPP - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

57. VDSR - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

58. VDSV - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

59. GMMW - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

60. GMTA - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

61. GMTN - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

62. GMTT - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

63. GMFO - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

64. GMFF - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

65. GMME - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

66. GMMN - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

67. GMMI - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

68. GMMX - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

69. GMMZ - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

Hello, 

Can anyone please give me a detailed explanation on how to read the graphic, on Weight and Balance page? After inserting all data, I got a Out of Balance message. 

Here is my loadhseet:

.ACARS BEGIN 22FEB18 1746Z
/
** PART 01 OF 01 **
LOADSHEET FINAL 1746 EDNO1
ZFW 62643 MAX 62500 L
TOF 7937
TOW 70580 MAX 77000
TIF 5471
LAW 65109 MAX 66000
UNDLD -143
PAX/166 TTL 166
DOI 47.7
MACZFW 33.3
MACTOW 31.4
MACLAW 0.0
FWD-LMT ACTL AFT-LMT
ZFMAC 6.66 33.27 6.66
TOMAC 6.66 31.43 6.66
LWMAC 0.00 0.00 0.00
STAB:STANDARD -0.6 DN
FUEL DENSITY 0.775
A53 B54 C59
SEATROW TRIM
SI DOW 42842 [CFM]
FUEL IN TANKS 8087
LOAD IN CPTS 0/0 1/2503 3/1383
4/588 5/1383
PREPARED BY AOC/DESPATCH
NOTOC:NO

LAST MINUTE CHANGES
DEST SPEC CL/CPT WEIGHT/IND

LMC TOTAL +/-

-----------------------------------
ACCEPTANCE [CMD]

** END OF PART 01 **
/
ACARS END

I have 166 pax.

Regarding Cargo and Mails, I let TOPCAT give me random values. I got 2573kg of Cargo and 1577kg of Mails. I added both of them and got 4150kg of C+M. I put these 4150kg equally in each cargo section...but still got an error. 

I removed cargo and mails and pressed INIT: I did not get any error. Therefore, I am sure that my Mail and Cargo division is not correct...

Fuel values have been given by SimBrief (I have created FSL profile so that it gives me correct values). Flight is AF1358 from LFPG to GMME.

If anyone could help me, it would be great :) 

David Katona

@Ayush Roy The problem is this: ZFW 62643 MAX 62500 L

Your zero fuel weight is more than the maximum allowed. Realistically speaking, 4 tonnes of cargo (cargo+mail) seems quite excessive for a PAX A320... 

2 minutes ago, David Katona said:

@Ayush Roy The problem is this: ZFW 62643 MAX 62500 L

Your zero fuel weight is more than the maximum allowed. Realistically speaking, 4 tonnes of cargo (cargo+mail) seems quite excessive for a PAX A320... 

How do I correct this? The application itself has calculated it...

I suppose I need to reduce cargo?

And could you please explain how to read that weight and balance graphic at the end of section? It would be great!

David Katona
Just now, Ayush Roy said:

How do I correct this? The application itself has calculated it...

Load less cargo :) you are 143 kgs above your maximum zero fuel weight of 62500kgs.

David Katona

@Ayush Roy The blue envelope is the acceptable index range at zero fuel weight. The black envelope is the range at take off weight. The lower green dot is the current zero fuel weight at the zero fuel weight index. The red line is a prediction and shows how fuel will affect your index. The upper green dot is at take off weight with the fuel index added to the zero fuel index. These index values are then converted into MAC percentages, which is what you see in the MCDU as well.

If the green dots are closer to the right side, that means a rather tail heavy situation - that is good as long as you stay within the blue envelopes at your zero fuel weight, and within the black envelope with your take off weight and index. This also shows that the MTOW is 77000kgs, unless the aircraft is very nose or tail heavy. For example with an index greater than approximately 83 the MTOW starts to decrease. 

5a8f16782ff2e_ScreenShot2018-02-22at20_13_39.png.953c7ed549c6427ca78f6dc4ef5568d2.png

• Thanks 1
Charles MOULIN

Good evening,

And first of all many thanks for this awesome tool.

I just noticed a mistake in the database for LFPG but cannot correct it as the airport is locked.

Runway 08L heading is at 265 instead of 085. Would it be possible to correct that ?

Best regards.

David Katona
3 minutes ago, Charles MOULIN said:

Good evening,

And first of all many thanks for this awesome tool.

I just noticed a mistake in the database for LFPG but cannot correct it as the airport is locked.

Runway 08L heading is at 265 instead of 085. Would it be possible to correct that ?

Best regards.

Done, thanks Charles!

Michael Avallone
11 hours ago, Liam Carbin said:

Thats incoming when David has some spare time

That's great.  He has done a great job with this tool

Ould Hadj  Mustapha

Any chance to have this fantastic tool as an app for my Ipad or Iphone ?

It will be great. I'm agree to pay for that.

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM
8 hours ago, G€offr€y F€rnand€z said:

Gambia : GBYD Banjul added, after release of the commercial scenery.

Crosschecked, all fine ...  Thanks for your assistance, Geof ... 

• Like 1
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM
On 23.2.2018 at 12:17 PM, koen meier said:

A. new airport

94. KEWR- Newark Liberty intl airport

Crosschecked, all fine, added missing runway ... Thanks for your assistance

• Like 1
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Life has me back again ... just checked some airports

70. GCRR - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

71. GCLP - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

72. GCXO - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

73. GCLA - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay, deleted runway 01

74. LPPS - Checked Runway alignment, intersections and TORA Parameters => all okay

• Like 1
David Katona
27 minutes ago, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

WabPro is down ? I cannot access to since this evening. Thanks

My webservice provider decided to carry out unscheduled maintenance on the server. Fortunately though, I already got some donations on the website, so I am getting closer to moving it completely to a more reliable server :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Ahmet Can

Is there a manual for dummies somewhere about how to use this tool? There are some abbreviations that I dont really know how to read and where to find. (as in after learning where to find the value that I need to insert)

• Like 1
Simon Kelsey

Not a silly question at all.

MACTOW is the Centre of Gravity at the planned takeoff weight (which affects the stabiliser setting). CG in most jet transports is measured as a percentage of Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC). Hence, MACTOW.

Note that this differs from, say, MACZFW (the zero-fuel CG): the weight and location of the fuel will alter the CG location as it is loaded (and burnt).

Simon Kelsey
21 minutes ago, James Annis said:

Thanks Simon. In this case surely it must be the same as the CG used to set TO trim? Or very similar?

Precisely that! On the A320 the trim wheel is graduated both in %MAC and units of trim.