Jump to content

Take-Off Performance


David Katona

Recommended Posts

Brad Zimmer

Thanks.  One more question.  When picking a config of 180 and randomizing it, sometimes it will give me a load higher than what is in the mcdu. For example 56, 56, 63. In the sim, the last 3rd only goes to 60. So in this case where to I incorporate the extra 3?  Thanks!

Link to post
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • David Katona

    126

  • Brad Zimmer

    30

  • Riccardo_Parachini

    25

  • Igor Petrov

    21

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Available at http://wabpro.cz/A320/   Hey everyone, I am planning to publish my take-off performance calculation website in a few days. Figures are based on FCOM performance cha

Hi guys, I have enabled the W & B tab on the website. Right now kilograms only! First select engine type on the Take-Off tab, as different CoG envelopes apply. CONFIG: If you select a co

Just to show you guys what I am working on for the W&B page... This is rather for people who actually care about the balance   It will show the weight and balance positions and the limits. The r

Posted Images

David Katona

If the PAX figure are higher than the 54/54/60 config of FSLABS, then limit those to the maximum. So in your case you would enter 60. The weight of the extra 3 passengers is included in the MCDU weight figures for the individual cargo compartments. That is why the MCDU column on the website can show higher weights than bag + cargo, if you select config 180 or 186. It is a bit of cheating, but no other way of doing it right now. I could of course limit the PAX figures for the cabin sections to the maximum, but that would be just as much confusing as the current approach :) 

Link to post
David Katona
27 minutes ago, Brad Zimmer said:

Thanks.  So it sounds like add the max and the cargo will add the rest automatically. Got it. 

Exactly. I have seen a screenshot in this forum (maybe next update?) where the cabin config can be set to 180. Once that comes out I will update the HARMs and extend the section maximums. I don't know if the Y186 config will be added though, if not a similar cheat will be used on the website to achieve the same result.

Link to post
Mihai Armas
Hi guys,

I have enabled the W & B tab on the website.
Right now kilograms only! First select engine type on the Take-Off tab, as different CoG envelopes apply.
CONFIG:
 If you select a config higher than 168 then any passengers above 168 will be included in the cargo weights to simulate the increase in weight.
PAX/CARGO DEMAND: You can generate a random load, based on your route you can select what load factor you would like to see.
PASSENGERS: Total number of passengers generated [male / female / child]
BAGS: Total number of bags generated [pieces / weight]
PASSENGER DISTRIBUTION: The number of passengers you need to enter in the MCDU. If you selected a config greater than 168, then limit those numbers to the maximum enterable [54 / 54 / 60]
DEADLOAD: In the bag column you can distribute bags - in this example 62 is number of pieces. Do not enter baggage weight (piece concept used). In the C/M you can enter cargo/mail figures in kilograms. In the MCDU column is what you need to enter in the MCDU: this includes baggage weight, cargo/mail weight, and the weight of passengers above 168.
RAND: this button generates the random load based on your selections of config and demand.
INIT: this calculates the operational weights and CoG.
5a4a1073461ed_ScreenShot2018-01-01at11_40_39.thumb.png.243e80ffab0251c313bfaa0add78dc9f.png
 
 
Operational weights and CoG: The [L] means which figure the underload is based on.
UNDERLOAD: Current underload.
MAX BLOCK: The maximum block fuel you can uplift without exceeding the underload.
TRIM: Trim setting
L/S Button: Opens printable loadsheet in new tab.
And a chart for the centre of gravity.
5a4a12177ccb2_ScreenShot2018-01-01at11_41_03.thumb.png.0226d56e80b7ad92a2403cf99bd44af0.png          5a4a12eab6d7e_ScreenShot2018-01-01at11_52_12.thumb.png.8c8163e67b767b80c539cc8bd12cb7a8.png
Would be nice to find all this info on site.
Keep up the good work.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 4 folosind Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Norman Blackburn
6 hours ago, David Katona said:

Exactly. I have seen a screenshot in this forum (maybe next update?) where the cabin config can be set to 180. Once that comes out I will update the HARMs and extend the section maximums. I don't know if the Y186 config will be added though, if not a similar cheat will be used on the website to achieve the same result.

The screenshot was mine.  its now 186Y

  • Like 2
Link to post
David Katona
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

To clarify mine is 186Y.  The upcoming release remains the same as now.

Oh I see what you did! Let's just hope that in one of the future update this option will be added.

Link to post
Jonathan Fong

I assume it's still possible to just enter estimated takeoff weight in the takeoff performance calculator section? I use PFPX to figure out the pax...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Riccardo_Parachini
I assume it's still possible to just enter estimated takeoff weight in the takeoff performance calculator section? I use PFPX to figure out the pax...

Yes it is :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Brad Zimmer

Is there a way to set it up to have it match an airline that is less than the FSLabs weights / what you have in the tool?  For example, the UAL A320 seats 150 passengers with a first, economy plus, and economy layout.  Is there a way to have those adjustments transformed into the sim?

Link to post
David Katona
1 hour ago, Brad Zimmer said:

Is there a way to set it up to have it match an airline that is less than the FSLabs weights / what you have in the tool?  For example, the UAL A320 seats 150 passengers with a first, economy plus, and economy layout.  Is there a way to have those adjustments transformed into the sim?

Not yet, but I am planning it.

Right now I am working on changing the layout slightly. If you use it on a phone or tablet in portrait view it remains the same, but in a desktop browser or landscape view I am trying to make it adapt to the window size for better readability. 

5a7a14095dd05_ScreenShot2018-02-06at21_45_35.thumb.png.f2b47169170d3a7aad2b69af80dd4787.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Alexandre K

Would it be possible to manually enter pax and cargo values so it calculates ZFW ?

I tried to enter pax and bag values and to init it but it ends up with an error. Great tool btw :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Chris Dobison

I find the way around this @Alexandre Kubatko is to click RAND then overtype the figures with those from the FMC, then hit INIT. Otherwise yes I get the same error as you just entering from blank for some reason.

Absolutely brilliant tool though, I use it on every flight now and it has never failed me!

 

Chris

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
David Katona
2 hours ago, Chris Dobison said:

I find the way around this @Alexandre Kubatko is to click RAND then overtype the figures with those from the FMC, then hit INIT. Otherwise yes I get the same error as you just entering from blank for some reason.

Absolutely brilliant tool though, I use it on every flight now and it has never failed me!

 

Chris

The flow behind is that it was based on randomised loads which then can be somewhat customised. So yeah it fails without that. I am changing that, so in the next release that should be fixed and overall more flexible.

I am happy it never failed you, it has failed me when the server goes down :) I am trying to move the whole thing to a proper server, on the other hand I never thought I would ever have to put the delay code on late loadsheet in the simulator (unlike real life when DCS went down and I had to face the crew empty handed...) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
David Katona
On 2/7/2018 at 10:17 AM, Alexandre Kubatko said:

Would it be possible to manually enter pax and cargo values so it calculates ZFW ?

I tried to enter pax and bag values and to init it but it ends up with an error. Great tool btw :)

 

I am not sure what the best solution is, as I am only using random loads, so you tell me :) You can enter total pax and
- if you don't enter cabin distribution it will be calculated randomly
- if you enter cabin distribution it will respect that
 

And the bags/cargo has to be entered per cargo hold. Or would you like to enter the total deadload only without distribution and distributed randomly?

5a7e046088eb8_ScreenShot2018-02-09at21_27_33.thumb.png.ab24a59c45ff75f9db1997b85094f835.png

Link to post
Alexandre K
8 minutes ago, David Katona said:

 

I am not sure what the best solution is, as I am only using random loads, so you tell me :) You can enter total pax and
- if you don't enter cabin distribution it will be calculated randomly
- if you enter cabin distribution it will respect that
 

And the bags/cargo has to be entered per cargo hold. Or would you like to enter the total deadload only without distribution and distributed randomly?

5a7e046088eb8_ScreenShot2018-02-09at21_27_33.thumb.png.ab24a59c45ff75f9db1997b85094f835.png

Yep, the possibility to enter total pax and just as you said for the cargo would be very nice :)

However for the repartition, most of time I got CPT 1 then CPT 4, shouldn't it be CPT 1 then 3 then 4 ?

Thanks!

Link to post
Riccardo_Parachini

Generally my trick is to set 186 pax and cargo max and using rand. At that point I usually overwrite. So I’d like too the feature to manually enter the pax and cargo. However when I do last minute changes it’s very nice being able to just modify the splitting and cargo numbers without rewriting everything (something that I had to do with topcat).

For@Alexandre : generally it’s airline depending, for my closest outfit usually it’s up to 85bags on CP1 the remaining on CP4. CP3 is used only for high baggages loads and CP5 usually never used.
Hope it helps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
David Katona
Just now, Riccardo_Parachini said:

Generally my trick is to set 186 pax and cargo max and using rand. At that point I usually overwrite. So I’d like too the feature to manually enter the pax and cargo. However when I do last minute changes it’s very nice being able to just modify the splitting and cargo numbers without rewriting everything (something that I had to do with topcat).

For@Alexandre : generally it’s airline depending, for my closest outfit usually it’s up to 85bags on CP1 the remaining on CP4. CP3 is used only for high baggages loads and CP5 usually never used.
Hope it helps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I know a german lowcost-ish airline that uses (well, at least used, i don't know now) CP1, CP3 and then high loads CP4. So it really depends. I always preferred the airlines that let us plan the loading, so usually I overwrite it completely :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Greg Caesar
On 12/23/2017 at 3:16 PM, David Katona said:

UPDATE: Available at http://wabpro.cz/A320/

 

Hey everyone,

I am planning to publish my take-off performance calculation website in a few days. Figures are based on FCOM performance charts. Basically it downloads the current metar, finds the MTOW for current conditions. Once you enter your actual take-off weight, it calculates FLEX temp and V speeds for you.

Let me know if you can think of something useful to be included so I consider adding extra things before I publish the website. Also, if any of you has access to real life take-off performance software, please let me know so I can verify I few assumptions I have having read the FCOM...

fullsizeoutput_237.thumb.jpeg.38c71799fa46528432b21585f4648336.jpeg

Amazing!

I was wondering if it'd be possible to get this as a download, however, as - at least for myself - it'd be a bit more convenient.

Thanks!

Link to post
G€offr€y F€rnand€z

Hello

New airports finished and to be locked :

France

Bretagne : LFRB LFRQ LFRH LFRZ LFRT LFRD LFRN ; Normandy : LFRC LFRK LFRG LFOP ; Paris: LFPB; Centre: LFLC ; East : LFJL LFST LFLP LFLS

Egypt : HEMA HECA
Croatia : LDZD
Tunisia: DTTJ

Brazil : SBFN

Ukraine : UKLR UKLT UKLL UKLN UKOD UKOH UKDD UKDE UKHH UKCC UKCM UKFF UKFB

China : ZUCK (Chongqing)

Edited by Geoffrey Fernandez
New airports
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
David Katona
18 minutes ago, Attilio Cardone said:

Download version in future?

Not planning that really. The only reason I am doing this is that I can leave P3D on full screen and do everything else on the tablet or phone. If it wouldn't be for that, probably I would be using topcat myself. 

Link to post
N_i_k_l_a_s__G_i_e_r_s_e

I've started using your tool a few flights ago, and I really like it! @David Katona

Would you maybe consider implementing a trim calculation function in there? I uploaded a trim calculation tool some time ago here on the forums and I think it would be great to finally have a utility that does trim calculation on top of takeoff performance. You can obtain the data by downloading the tool, it is included as the tool uses a simple txt file to obtain the data.

Great work so far! :)

 

Link to post
David Katona
2 hours ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

@David Katona In the next build the config stays 168 unfortunately. But thanks for your work :)

Hopefully soon the flaps 3 takeoff available !

I really need a weekend away from work to finish flaps 3 :) not forgotten, I am just lacking time very badly.

14 minutes ago, N_i_k_l_a_s__G_i_e_r_s_e said:

I've started using your tool a few flights ago, and I really like it! @David Katona

Would you maybe consider implementing a trim calculation function in there? I uploaded a trim calculation tool some time ago here on the forums and I think it would be great to finally have a utility that does trim calculation on top of takeoff performance. You can obtain the data by downloading the tool, it is included as the tool uses a simple txt file to obtain the data.

Great work so far! :)

It calculates trim if you use the website for loadplanning (W&B tab). At this point you cannot enter ZFW and ZFWMAC only, but that was requested already and I am adding an option for this simplified load entry as well, which will then also give you the stabiliser setting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
N_i_k_l_a_s__G_i_e_r_s_e
1 minute ago, David Katona said:

It calculates trim if you use the website for loadplanning (W&B tab). At this point you cannot enter ZFW and ZFWMAC only, but that was requested already and I am adding an option for this simplified load entry as well, which will then also give you the stabiliser setting.

Nice to hear! I wasn't aware that it already calculated the trim setting, my bad.

Best Regards

Niklas

Link to post

In the Takeoff section, would you consider inserting another space line between Takeoff Speed and Runway, to make the separation between the two results a bit more clear? My old eyes don't work as well as they did and they get confused:blink:.

Link to post
Alexandre K
On 12/02/2018 at 9:16 PM, David Katona said:

I really need a weekend away from work to finish flaps 3 :) not forgotten, I am just lacking time very badly.

No problem at all! I know nothing about coding, but if it's a sort of table filing, and if you need help, send me a message got plenty of time :)

Link to post
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Howdy ... Okay, I thought I contribute my own stuff too, currently underway in Africa, heading for India.

I added the runways of the following Airports:

01. FMEE - Roland Garos International, Reunion

02. FMMI - Antananarivo International, Madagascar

03. FMCH - Prince Said Ibrahim International, Moroni, Cormores

04. FVBU - Bulawayo, Zimbabwe

05. FVFA - Victoria Falls International, Zimbabwe

06. FVHA- Harare, Zimbabwe

07. FAPN - Pilanesberg, Southafrica

08. FAKN - Kruger Mpumalanga, Southafrica

09. FALA - Lanseria, Southafrica

10. FACT - Capetown, Southafrica

Have a good day,

Thorsten

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
G€offr€y F€rnand€z

All right Thorsten, I answer to your heading to India with some pakistanese airports :

OPPS OPRN OPST OPLA OPFA OPNH OPKC OPQT

---

And in Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Sierra Leone : GGOV ; GUCY, GULB; GUMA, GUNZ, GUSB; GUSI ; GFFL

Gambia : GYBD

Senegal : GOSS, GOGS, GOGG, GOBD,

Edited by G€offr€y F€rnand€z
New airports
  • Like 1
Link to post
G€offr€y F€rnand€z

As the community is making the database, would it be possible to license the ruynway data under a GNU/GPL or Creative Commons license and add an option to export the database back to our computers ?

Link to post
David Katona
12 minutes ago, G€offr€y F€rnand€z said:

As the community is making the database, would it be possible to license the ruynway data under a GNU/GPL of Creative Commons and add an option to export the database back to our computers ?

I have no experience with Creative Commons so if you could brief me in a private message as to what that entails exactly I would appreciate that. I can of course provide an extract of the runway database added by the community.

Link to post
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Okay, Geoffrey,

 

I will stick a bit to central and southern Africa. I hate having vacations and no flight simulator available.

 

 

A. New Airports added

11. FAPP - Polokwane, South Africa

12. FABL - Bloemfontein, South Africa

13. FQMA - Maputo, Mozambique

14. FWKI - Lilongwe, Malawi

15. HUEN - Entebbe, Uganda

16. FZQA - Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of Congo

17. FZAA - Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

18. FZIC - Kisangani, Democratic Republic of Congo

19. FCPP - Pointe Noire. Republic of Congo

20. FPST - Sao Thom & Principe

21. FCBB - Brazzaville, Republic of Congo

22. FEFF - Bangui, Central African Republic

23. HSSJ - Juba, Sudan

24. HSSS - Khartoum, Sudan (Sorry, my fault, Please delete runway 17)

25. HDAM - Djibouti, Djibouti (Sorry, my fault, Please delete runway 18)

26. OYRN - Mukalla, Yemen

27. OYAA - Aden, Yemen

28. OOSA - Salalah, Oman

29. OBBI - Bahrain, Bahrain

30. OMFJ - Fujairah, United  Arabian Emirates.

 

B. Ammendmends to existing airports

01. FAOR - Johannesburg, South Africa (added runway 21 R & L and and runway 03 R)

02. HTZA - Zanzibar, Tansania (added length of runway 18)

03. OOMS - Added Intersections for runway 08L and 26R

 

 

C. Airports counterchecked

01. HTDA - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

02. HTKJ - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

03. HKWJ - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

04. HKEL - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

05. HKMO - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

06. HKJK - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

07. OYSN - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => both okay

08. OOSA - Checked Runway alignment, Take Off Interjuncts and TORA Parameters => each okay

 

Short request, is there a possibility to delete runways which incorrect numbers?

 

Link to post
G€offr€y F€rnand€z

All right then, helping you to complete Africa with new airports to be locked

Mali : GATB GABS GAGO GAKD GAMB GAGM

Cameroon : FKKY FKYS FGSL FKKR FKKD  (FKKD does not appear on map)

Equatorial Guinea : FGBT

Gabon: FOOL FOGR FOOG FOON

RDC : added small airports FZRF FZUA FZOA FZEA FZFK FZKA

Burundi : HBBA

Rwanda : HRZA HRYR*

*HRYR : admin should delete false runways 02 and 20 from HRYR table. I screwed up at Kigali

Morocco and Western Sahara : GMMH GMML GMMI GMME GMFF GMTT GMTN GMTA GMFO GMMW GMMZ

Nigeria : DNMM

Niger : DRRN DRZA DRZR

Algeria, southbound: DATM DAAT DAAJ DAUZ

- -

France : LFMP LFMU LFMI LFMV

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Okay, sounds good to me ...

I guess I will work up my list according to following procedure: 

1. United Arabian Emirates,

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Jordania

4. Egypt 

5. Israel (if not already available)

6. Lebanon (if not already available)

7. Islands in the Pacific Ocean, like Mauritius, Maledives, Seychelles, etc.

8. Sri Lanka

9. India

I will mostly stick to International Airports with runway sizes of 1600 meters and longer. Everything below would be unrealistic for an A320 Aircraft ...

Domestic Airports may be added in a later run. 

Have a good one, Folks

Thorsten

 

Link to post
G€offr€y F€rnand€z
Quote

I will mostly stick to International Airports with runway sizes of 1600 meters and longer. Everything below would be unrealistic for an A320 Aircraft ...

Fair enough. Sounds good. Well for countries with not so much airports I did also every hard runways, cause the idea is to do a free database we could retrieve one day... and allow the possibility to play with the numbers (what if...).

  • Like 1
Link to post
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

A. New Airports added

31. FSIA - Seychelles International, Seychelles

32. FMCZ - Mayotte International, Cormores

33. VRMM - Male International, Maldives

34. VCBI - Barandanaike International, Colombo, Sri Lanka

35. VCRI -  Rajapaksa International, Hambantota, Sri Lanka

36. VOVZ - Visakhapatnam International, India

37. VEGT - Guwathi International, India 

38. VEGY - Gaya International, India

39. VEPT - Patna International, India

40. VOGO - Goa International, India

41. HEAL - Al Alamein, Egypt

42. HEAR - El Arish, Egypt

43. HEAT - Asyut, Egypt

44. HEBA - Borg al Arab, Egypt

45. HEBL - Abu Simbel, Egypt

46. HELX - Luxor, Egypt

47. HEPS - Port Said, Egypt

48. HESN - Aswan, Egypt

49. HETB - Taba, Egypt

50. HESG - Suhag International, Egypt

 

B. Ammendmends to existing airports

04. FIMP - Added Intersections

05. DTTA - Added Intersection (Can be Crosschecked and locked)

 

C. Airports counterchecked

09. FIMP - Checked Runway alignment, Take Off Intersections and TORA Parameters => corrected runway 32, so okay now

10. FPST - Checked Runway alignment and TORA Parameters => all okay

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...