Jump to content

Take-Off Performance


David Katona

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • David Katona

    126

  • Brad Zimmer

    30

  • Riccardo_Parachini

    25

  • Igor Petrov

    21

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Available at http://wabpro.cz/A320/   Hey everyone, I am planning to publish my take-off performance calculation website in a few days. Figures are based on FCOM performance cha

Hi guys, I have enabled the W & B tab on the website. Right now kilograms only! First select engine type on the Take-Off tab, as different CoG envelopes apply. CONFIG: If you select a co

Just to show you guys what I am working on for the W&B page... This is rather for people who actually care about the balance   It will show the weight and balance positions and the limits. The r

Posted Images

Stefan Langen
On 7/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, David Katona said:

I will send it to you tomorrow. I have never seen FCOM 2 without rwy distance flex figures, so I am curious :) 

This is the only section where I found distances. But they are just corrections for wind. Did you use this table to get the distances?

FCOM vol. 2 lengths.png

Link to post
Stefan Langen
21 minutes ago, David Katona said:

Nope, I have been using these tables:

fullsizeoutput_4b3.thumb.jpeg.be49307138c6627f5861b03e55972af5.jpeg

Ah I see! So TODA and temperature is known and you read out permissible TOW and the V speeds, correct? Am I right to assume that there is no way to find out actual used TOD, TOR or ASD from the FCOM vol. 2?

Edited by Stefan Langen
spelling
Link to post
Koen Meier
1 hour ago, AndreBoll said:

@David Katona Are these general charts to calculate the performance or airport specific charts?

General so as a pilot you make adjustments based on temperature, weight and altitude. 

Link to post
Riccardo_Parachini

The distance chart quoted before should be used with the general chart.

For example, for every 1kt of headwind on a 2km runway you should increase your runway lenght by 8 meters.

The same applies for slope.

Those are useful to make airport specific charts, obviously adding the obstacle datas (a specific chart was provided after the general rtow charts in the FCOM - but now all this section have been removed)

Link to post
Hendrik Herryjanto

Hi guys,

Lately, I noticed some abnormality. When I put in the data from TO performance to the MCDU, the ZFWCG is not corresponding.

Does anyone have any idea what mistake I made?

Thanks,

CG.jpgE

@David Katona Davind, could you help me please?

Link to post
Björn Brouns

Hello,

 

First of all, thank you David for this great tool, and providing it for the whole community!

 

Just a noob question: what does PA (ft) mean?

Link to post
Koen Meier
14 minutes ago, Björn Brouns said:

Hello,

 

First of all, thank you David for this great tool, and providing it for the whole community!

 

Just a noob question: what does PA (ft) mean?

PA is the pressure altitude. The pressure altitude is zero at standard pressure of 1013 hpa.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/8168/where-is-the-official-definition-of-pressure-altitude

 

Link to post
Murat OZBEK

İ am so sorry for that question you did amazing job with that perf calculator first of all, thank you man,

The thing is how can i calculate Trip fuel and block fuel i dont get it ? i put all information to the calculator about flight tho, i couldnt get trip fuel ?

Link to post
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Well, concerning block fuel... If one does not want to be drowned by formulas I would recommend usage of simbrief for that. It is a nice and handy Freeware site, that will deliver a good and compact briefing with charts, maps, meteorologic data and so on as a PDF File. Page 2 or 3 of the latter should give you the required block fuel. The trip fuel should be available once you enter the ztw/zfwcg at the MCDU Init B page. But as far as I remember, the FSLabs MCDU also has an option to deliver required fuel.

 

Kind regards from Guinea-Pig Village

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Malo de Saint Pere
On 7/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Hendrik Herryjanto said:

Hi guys,

Lately, I noticed some abnormality. When I put in the data from TO performance to the MCDU, the ZFWCG is not corresponding.

Does anyone have any idea what mistake I made?

Thanks,

CG.jpgE

@David Katona Davind, could you help me please?

I'm experiencing the same issue when creating the load sheet for the 319, the ZFW appearing on the LS is always 3-400kgs higher than the one appearing on the Option page of the actual aircraft when entering the same data... 

Link to post
Joshua Scott
4 minutes ago, Malo de Saint Pere said:

I'm experiencing the same issue when creating the load sheet for the 319, the ZFW appearing on the LS is always 3-400kgs higher than the one appearing on the Option page of the actual aircraft when entering the same data... 

Looks to me like you're entering the wrong figures into CPT 4... The screenshots a total weight of 50 in the hold not sure why MCDU says 700. Being said general rule of thumb is a319 load up hold 4 and LMB in 5 and hold 1 for A320's with LMB in 5 as well. ** edit... re-reading it (im tired) you entered 50 bags yes is around that weght** my mistake.

Link to post
David Katona
3 minutes ago, Malo de Saint Pere said:

I'm experiencing the same issue when creating the load sheet for the 319, the ZFW appearing on the LS is always 3-400kgs higher than the one appearing on the Option page of the actual aircraft when entering the same data... 

I will post here when the A319 W&B has been released. It is prepared, haven't had time to finalise.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Joshua Scott
1 minute ago, David Katona said:

I will post here when the A319 W&B has been released. It is prepared, haven't had time to finalise.

What weights do you use out of curiosity for bags... is it a average weight or standardised ie: 13KG ? interests me a bit :P 

Link to post
Malo de Saint Pere
4 hours ago, David Katona said:

I will post here when the A319 W&B has been released. It is prepared, haven't had time to finalise.

Great, thank you very much, keep up the great work :).

Link to post
Luis Ehrt

can anyone say why there is no a319 with cfm available?

can anyone say why there is now a320 with to confic flaps 3 available?

 

best regards Luis 

Link to post
Rob Jones

I understand it's because David doesn't have access to the data.

Link to post
Robert Ruprecht

Mean aerodynamic chord. Go to aviation.stackexchange.com for full explanation., or just put “what does % Mac mean into google and it will take you to stackexchange site. 

Link to post
Jordan Collins
On 8/4/2018 at 9:52 PM, Jordan Collins said:

how come the takeoff data print sheet still says 320 when I've selected the 319?

bump 

 

is this thing still be developed for?

Link to post
Luis Ehrt
8 hours ago, Robert Ruprecht said:

Mean aerodynamic chord. Go to aviation.stackexchange.com for full explanation., or just put “what does % Mac mean into google and it will take you to stackexchange site. 

I have read that the optimum Mac for best fuel economy is 26.6%

So I can use this value for every flight?

Link to post
Björn Brouns
46 minutes ago, Luis Ehrt said:

I have read that the optimum Mac for best fuel economy is 26.6%

So I can use this value for every flight?

I always thought that I had to put the take off CG in there..... So I did it wrong the whole time.

Can somebody please explain what data I've to put in for RTOW and ATOW.

I think this great tool gets more and more complete but also it gets more difficult to use.

A tutorial how to use this tool properly would be very helpful ;-)

Link to post
Koen Meier

ATOW is actual takeoff weight which is what you get from the loadsheet.

RTOW is the regulated takeoff weight for specific conditions on a runway for the aircraft.

Link to post
Xander Koote

The 26.6% mentioned in the website is for the 747. Apparently, the A320 does not have a sweet spot per se.

If you start at the W&B page, the fields will be automatically populated for you. All you need to do is to press METAR,

select one (or two) runways and calculate. If you do your own loads, say for example via the MCDU, then you enter

the actual takeoff weight and the TO CG/MAC% (same thing). The RTOW is auto populated when you go via the W&B tab.

Not sure if you don't, however the rest is the same for both scenarios.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Florian Venus

Unfortunately this great piece of work doesn't accept runway lenghts under 1500m for the A319 with flaps 3, that means we are not able to use it at places like SBRJ with a runway length of just over 1300m. In reality quite a few airlines operate A318 and A319 into Santos Dumont - any possibility for an update here?

Link to post
James Annis
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, James Annis said:

Can I just clarify that you do NOT put the TO CG in the MAC box? Thanks

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
On 8/14/2018 at 2:58 AM, Jordan Collins said:

Is this app still be developed for (319 cfm etc)?

The developer is on this thread, and has previously suggested it is still being developed. 

If you read back a bit, you'll see that he doesn't have data for the 319 CFM, and unless he gets it he won't add it. 

Link to post
David Katona
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

The developer is on this thread, and has previously suggested it is still being developed. 

If you read back a bit, you'll see that he doesn't have data for the 319 CFM, and unless he gets it he won't add it. 

That is correct, I still don't have the data unfortunately. I will be uploading the data for the A321 in the upcoming weeks rather than spending more time trying to find a 319-115 fcom with the charts included...

On 8/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, Florian Venus said:

Unfortunately this great piece of work doesn't accept runway lenghts under 1500m for the A319 with flaps 3, that means we are not able to use it at places like SBRJ with a runway length of just over 1300m. In reality quite a few airlines operate A318 and A319 into Santos Dumont - any possibility for an update here?

Florian, the performance charts don't cover such short runways. I can experiment with data extrapolation to get to that, I already have a method in place to get figures outside of the FCOM coverage, just need to put it to the test - time permitting.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, James Annis said:

Can I just clarify that you do NOT put the TO CG in the MAC box? Thanks

You don't need to. It is there to calculate the trim setting for take-off mainly.

Link to post
Stu Antonio

 

On 8/29/2018 at 2:23 PM, David Katona said:

That is correct, I still don't have the data unfortunately.

So, how do you guys calculate your T/O data for the A319-CFM then? 

Can I really just use the A320-CFM vlaues?
Or is it better to use the A319-IAE values for the A319-CFM?

BR
Stu

Link to post
David Katona
On 8/30/2018 at 2:32 AM, Jordan Collins said:

The T/O print off says "a320" even if I select the 319 when I print it out. 

I will correct that when I get to that, thanks for letting me know.

On 8/30/2018 at 2:33 AM, Jordan Collins said:

Does the A321 have the CFM/IAE option? 

That is the plan.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:57 PM, Stu Antonio said:

 

So, how do you guys calculate your T/O data for the A319-CFM then? 

Can I really just use the A320-CFM vlaues?
Or is it better to use the A319-IAE values for the A319-CFM?

BR
Stu

I definitely wouldn't recommend using the IAE figures. Technically the A319-115 (CFM) engine has the same thrust rating as the A320 CFM, so that might work better than the A319 IAE.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Stu Antonio
3 hours ago, Xander Koote said:

David, does the option of modifying the web address to change the baggage weight still work?

Xander

Doesn't seem to work. when I put in http://wabpro.cz/A320/?bag=20 as url, I still get 14 kg per bag. 

CORRECTION: it DOES work. It just shows the old figures after randomizing the load until you hit INIT. 

Link to post

I love this tool!!  Thank-you, David, for all your obvious hard work.

One question - I cannot seem to understand how the LMC (Last Minute Changes) bit works.  I can never get it to show on the ACARS load sheet after I have to press INIT to recalculate?

What am I doing wrong?

Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...