[Resolved]FSL Spotlights Control Window not opening on 2 monitors setup.

Elmerson Pitrowsky

Elmerson Pitrowsky

Hi!

First of all, thank you for these fantastic add-ons!

I was a very happy simmer until a few days ago wen I decide to chage my 2PC setup (PC1 running P3Dv4.1 and the other with all other stuff - EFB, IVAP/VPilot, etc - and all working very well as expected) into a single PC setup using 2 monitors. The "master" using a new GTX1070 (P3Dv4.1) and the secondary (navigation apps, EFB, IVAP, etc) using an (very) old GTX460. Since the first test - with no software changes - the Spotlights Control Window no more opens. The ^ sign appears but when I click on it nothing happens. The lights still working on the FSL A320 as expected but to control then on the other planes I need  open the FSLSpotlights Manager.
I reinstalled FSLSpotlights with no changes on this behavior.

Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Elmerson Pitrowsky

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

this is an issue with using dual graphics cards to control separate monitors. The P3D PDK does not recognize which card to initialize a graphics device on, nor does it give info on them, so we're somewhat stuck so far.

At the moment we don't have a suggestion, but we're monitoring (sic) the issue.

Johannes Molenaar

I have the same problem also with 2 monitors but i use just 1 Graphic Card (MSI GTX1080) The 4K monitor is connected to the display-port and the other is Full-HD 1080p on the HDMI-port.

The 4K monitor is set as primary display in Win10 true the NVIDA control settings......

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2017 at 6:55 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Gents-

this is an issue with using dual graphics cards to control separate monitors. The P3D PDK does not recognize which card to initialize a graphics device on, nor does it give info on them, so we're somewhat stuck so far.

At the moment we don't have a suggestion, but we're monitoring (sic) the issue.

An update to the topic. Don’t know if it has been the 4.2 P3D update or the Spotlights one, but it is solved now. Spotlights window now working with dual gpu.

Lefteris Kalamaras
2 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

An update to the topic. Don’t know if it has been the 4.2 P3D update or the Spotlights one, but it is solved now. Spotlights window now working with dual gpu.

It is the 4.2 update.

• Thanks 1