[Resolved] No VC dome lights

Christian Urban

Christian Urban

My first flight with the Bus in P3Dv4.1 at Night and i have no VC lights ? What i did wrong? Spothlights are installed... 

best regards

Norman Blackburn

So your Spotlights are not installed / not installed properly.  

Turn off your AV including Defender.

Set exceptions - they are listed already.

Uninstall.  Reinstall.  Try.  

Hilkiah Lavinier

Try it during the day (time preview)....see if it comes one.  I currently hvae a problem with my lights.  They work during daylight hours, butr once I time preview to evening/darkness...they stop working :-(

Tim Vancauwenbergh
On 28-11-2017 at 3:33 PM, Christian Urban said:

I have it do but still nothing changed -_-:wacko:

best regards

Check other topics on this. Try turning off windows defender and test again. Then add the needed exclusions.

Craig Phillips

I too am having troubles with Spotlights :( ... I have no AV enabled, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail. I'm using the latest version too. I have never been able to get Spotlights to work on my machine.  I have tried talking to Andy and Lefty personally, but they haven't responded either. So I'm at a loss :\ 

Craig

Christian Urban

Can someone tell me what is correct way to install (win10) i turnoff the Defender!  Any DLL or exe from FSL to exclusivley ??? Thank you 

Norman Blackburn

Set exceptions to the following folders.

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs\LAAS
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Spotlights
Prepar3D installation folder

• Like 1
Hilkiah Lavinier

Hi Norman,

Is it necessary to explicitly exclude sub-folders of C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\?  I was of the impression that they are automatically excluded (recursive exclusion).

Norman Blackburn
30 minutes ago, Hilkiah Lavinier said:

Hi Norman,

Is it necessary to explicitly exclude sub-folders of C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\?  I was of the impression that they are automatically excluded (recursive exclusion).

They should be but then the whole thing is often a black art.  My most recent installation worked without but then other times - on the same machine - have required. 

Hilkiah Lavinier

Norman....my current issue with spotlights is that it works during the day but not during the night.  I am using time preview to test.  Utterly strange.  Have you ever encountered this?  I am using a licensed copy of Spotlights with v4.1 and A320x

Christian Urban
22 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Set exceptions to the following folders.

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs\LAAS
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Spotlights
Prepar3D installation folder

Now it works thank you

best regards

• Like 1
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic