Gsx Boarding

Klearchos Terpos

Brad Zimmer

What are some of the do’s and donts regarding the use of GSX and the bus?  I️ thought I️ read somwhere that you shouldn’t use fuel with gsx because it messes up the weights or something.  Anything else?

Lars Schneider

While its true that GSX fueling shouldnt be used with complex 3rd party addons, the FSLA320 works nicely with GSX as its able to detect GSX states and supports “simulated fueling“, which means the plane will still be fueled using internal FSL logic, but it syncs up with GSX’s fueling animations. However, i suggest to disable automatic fueling detection in GSX as otherwise it might send the refueling truck again when the 320 system rebalances the fueltanks.

Here’s my GSX “workflow”:

1. Call GSX refueling

2. While the fuel truck is on its way preselect the amount of fuel using the browser based Fueling Panel, but dont flip the fueling switch

3. Once the GSX truck arrives it will play the hook up animation which will trigger the fueling process, you will see the fueling switch being flipped to ON automatically on the fuel panel

4. FSL logic will fuel the plane syncronized with GSX

5. Dial your payload numbers into the MCDU. Once you start GSX boarding the FSL logic will reset your payload to zero and then slowly increase the numbers up to the ZFW you set before. It will sometimes fill the stations slightly different depending on the CG, but you should always end up with the same ZFW

By following this workflow, fuel and payload will be managed by FSL logic, while GSX provides animations only, this wont mess up anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Joe Waldron

Hey Guys,

Quick question regarding boarding with gsx. When I enter the zfw into the MCDU payload page before boarding the CG seems pretty normal usually in the 20's. However once GSX has finished boarding the CG always seems to be in the 30's resulting in needing a 1.5-2 down on the trim. Is this normal behavior or is something wrong with my setup?

Joe

Zeljko Budovic

yes, i think we should post this in GSX forum, GSX is simulating boarding - adding pax, and i don't think this is recommended with FSL. I'm sitting on the gate right now, watching how pax are added one by one. There should be a option for complex aircrafts, just like with refueling

Riccardo_Parachini

CG in the 20’s is not really normal. It is not really efficient and when using take off tables there was a specific penalty on the flex (-1) called forward CG.
CG in the 30’s is definitely more normal, more common and the value ground handling (following company requirements) aims.

@Zeljko what would you suggest? I don’t like too how GSX makes boarding, I’d like something more realistic and more variable. But I think It’s very difficult to improve this side and I really appreciate too the product FSdreamteam has created

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccardo_Parachini

I end up never using GSX refuelling as I should then wait for refu to be completed before starting boarding. I usually use FSL refuel panel and simulate boarding while refuelling. I lose the fuel truck animation but I gain in turnaround time :)

Riccardo_Parachini
I use 15 mins per 100 pax.

You then have some never ending boarding :). Joking.

I think It’s very difficult to give a fixed value as it depends on many factors such as:

*Airport efficiency
* using only front door or also rear door
*using buses/finger or walk in walk out
* passengers doing many photos on ground making boarding longer :)))

In MXP terminal 2 (EZY) usually even 186 pax are boarded in less than 10 minutes.
In another Italian airport, just 120 pax where boarded in 25 mins.
Airbus on its documents says that on an A320 180Y, pax are boarded with a rate of 18 pax/min per door

Lars Schneider
13 hours ago, Zeljko Budovic said:

yes, i think we should post this in GSX forum, GSX is simulating boarding - adding pax, and i don't think this is recommended with FSL. I'm sitting on the gate right now, watching how pax are added one by one. There should be a option for complex aircrafts, just like with refueling

Its not GSX loading/fueling the plane....its the FSL logic being able to detect various GSX states. GSX is only providing fueling and loading animations

Simon Kelsey
13 hours ago, Zeljko Budovic said:

As Lars says, you have nothing to worry about - it is the A320X which is doing the loading in response to GSX, not the other way around.

Likewise with the fuel, what you must not do is use the default FS fuel dialogue to change the fuel load (this is what will pop up if you do not check the box you refer to in GSX). As long as you are using the FSL-approved means of refuelling the aircraft you will have no problem.

Mike Ionas
2 minutes ago, Brad Zimmer said:

Traditionally for me, to load pax and fuel, I enter the numbers in the MCDU and that is it.  I have never used the "fuel panel".  Is this something I should be doing? 

Nope. You may or may not use it. Its purely a matter of choice (realism vs time saving as it takes real time to load fuel via the fuel panel).

Brad Zimmer
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Lars Schneider said:

While its true that GSX fueling shouldnt be used with complex 3rd party addons, the FSLA320 works nicely with GSX as its able to detect GSX states and supports “simulated fueling“, which means the plane will still be fueled using internal FSL logic, but it syncs up with GSX’s fueling animations. However, i suggest to disable automatic fueling detection in GSX as otherwise it might send the refueling truck again when the 320 system rebalances the fueltanks.

Here’s my GSX “workflow”:

1. Call GSX refueling

2. While the fuel truck is on its way preselect the amount of fuel using the browser based Fueling Panel, but dont flip the fueling switch

3. Once the GSX truck arrives it will play the hook up animation which will trigger the fueling process, you will see the fueling switch being flipped to ON automatically on the fuel panel

4. FSL logic will fuel the plane syncronized with GSX

5. Dial your payload numbers into the MCDU. Once you start GSX boarding the FSL logic will reset your payload to zero and then slowly increase the numbers up to the ZFW you set before. It will sometimes fill the stations slightly different depending on the CG, but you should always end up with the same ZFW

By following this workflow, fuel and payload will be managed by FSL logic, while GSX provides animations only, this wont mess up anything.

What would happen if I did these steps?

1, Call GSX refuel

2. while truck on its way, go into the MCDU and load the required fuel

3. Once fuel truck arrives, load the pax or ZFW in MCDU for my flight

4. Start GSX boarding

Would this mess anything up?

Norman Blackburn

Sadly GSX won't allow boarding to happen at the same time as fueling.  As such, boarding won't commence until fueling has completed.

Konstantin Kilchevsky
42 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Sadly GSX won't allow boarding to happen at the same time as fueling.  As such, boarding won't commence until fueling has completed.

its ok,  this is how procedure looks like in real life.  we cant allow boarding without firefighters standing by near parking spot (not modeled) 

Lars Schneider
57 minutes ago, Konstantin Kilchevsky said:

its ok,  this is how procedure looks like in real life.  we cant allow boarding without firefighters standing by near parking spot (not modeled) 

In real life, depending on the turnaround time, boarding sometimes happens while the plane is still being refueled. However, the passengers should not fasten their seat belts until refueling is completed, that's why the fasten seat belt sign wont be switched on until fueling is completed. 

Allowing simultaneous GSX procedures is one of the most requested features over at the FSDT forums, however the devs are reluctant to implement this as it would lead to too many ground vehicles being active at the same time. I hope they gonna change their mind now that we have 64bit P3D

• Like 1
Lars Schneider
2 hours ago, Brad Zimmer said:

What would happen if I did these steps?

1, Call GSX refuel

2. while truck on its way, go into the MCDU and load the required fuel

3. Once fuel truck arrives, load the pax or ZFW in MCDU for my flight

4. Start GSX boarding

Would this mess anything up?

If you put your fuel directly into the MCDU, GSX will use the fuel simulation values in GSX settings, but there wont be any progressive fueling.

In general you cant mess anything up with GSX as long as you dont use the GSX dialog to set the fuel amount (you can switch this off in plane customisation, which should be off by default for FSL A320-X). GSX doesnt even support payload/pax loading, so it wont mess with your weight, no matter what you do in GSX.

• 7 months later...
Javier Iturralde Lind

hello, since a month or so, i guess it has been an update, that if you choose to board with GSX, the boarding process never ends. do you guys have the same problem? here some pilots of VATSPA we all have the same problem.. odd. I checked the FSDT forums and could not find anything.

John Lynn

I have a problem with boarding on all planes with GSX.  Like the above gentleman stated it never ends.  It hangs in the luggage loading phase and never allows pushback to start.  It does this with FSL and PMDG.  I have shut down GSX then restart it to get pushback.

John Lynn

I just updated to the newest build and now I have no more problems with the luggage not finishing.