Jump to content

Disable cabin sounds


Alfredo Terrero

Recommended Posts

Alfredo Terrero

How can the cabin announcements/safety briefing be disabled? Is the only solution to delete the files in documents/p3d v4 addons, etc etc?. I think the sounds are a great touch, and I’ll use them most times, but sometimes I want to listen only to the engine start sounds, which are truly superb in the v4 version.

Link to post
Alfredo Terrero
12 hours ago, julian schotting said:

You can choose in the MCDU to activate or deactivate cabin sounds 

:)

Can you turn off the pushback and safety demo? I remember seeing an option to turn off the cabin loading sounds. But is there a way to keep the cabin loading sounds while eliminating the pushback sound? 

Link to post
Till Lukas
12 hours ago, julian schotting said:

You can choose in the MCDU to activate or deactivate cabin sounds

Where? I do not know about such an option. The only option you have is to enable/disable the boarding music.

You can overwrite the default sounds in the folder and replace them with placeholders. If you want the sounds you can copy back the original files which you have backuped before.

Link to post
Alfredo Terrero
3 hours ago, Till Lukas said:

Where? I do not know about such an option. The only option you have is to enable/disable the boarding music.

You can overwrite the default sounds in the folder and replace them with placeholders. If you want the sounds you can copy back the original files which you have backuped before.

Which sounds would these be? I wonder if removing the sound files (after a backup) would do the trick.

I would still like to go into the cabin to hear the engine start sounds :).

Link to post
Lars Hajema
On 11/2/2017 at 9:12 PM, Alfredo Terrero said:

Which sounds would these be? I wonder if removing the sound files (after a backup) would do the trick.

I would still like to go into the cabin to hear the engine start sounds :).

They probably won't, because you will get a error while loading the A320 saying some files could not be opened or found

Link to post
  • 8 months later...
Alfredo Terrero
On 11/3/2017 at 2:29 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Simply leave the seat belt sign off for push back / startup.

Is this still applicable in the latest version, Andrew? It seems that even leaving the belts off means the cabin announcements play. I enjoy them, but I enjoy even more the startup sounds ;)

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...