Sign in to follow this  
Ted Porter

FSX.EXE Not Found

Ted Porter

Hi,

I have noticed other people have had this problem but there is nothing wrong with my registry. I have run the Flight1 repair tool just to make sure.

I am Using Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit version and I have turned off all of the security so that I have true administrative rights over the operating system.

My copy of FSX resides at X:\FSX\FSX.EXE - Any suggestions please.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Ted-

please check your registry to see if it truly is pointing at the right folder... that's 100% the problem...

Ted Porter

Hi Lefteris,

You were right but using the Flight1 Registry Repair tool did not work even though it said that it had.

I had to use the TweakFS FSX Registry Utility which fixed the problem. Here is the link if anyone else wants it http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip

Maybe it is because I am using a 64-bit version and the registry key sits in the Wow642Node which is one level up for the Microsoft node. Anyway it is working which is the important thing.

Thanks for pointing back to the registry.

Regards,

Ted.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Ted-

glad you got everything resolved! This post will serve as a good pointer for everyone else, I bet!

Best,

Johan

Hi,

(I post this question here because it seems to be related to the original thread. If I don't get an answer, or if someone thinks this belong elsewhere, I pose the question in a new thread in a couple of days.)

My installation program finds the FSX without any problems - but not the PMDG 744. FSX has no problems finding B744; it's a standard installation directly from CD.

Please don't ask me to check the registry - at least not without telling me how to do that (because I have no idea).

Thanks

Johan