Sign in to follow this  
apohvh

How do I select an altitude?

apohvh

Like CWS A selects a heading on the 747 there is also an altitude select function.

You need to push the button on the real MCP. Since CWS A is heading select and CWS B is center autopilot is there another way to integrate this function on the MCP737? Edwin

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Edwin-

what you call an "altitude select" function is actually "Alt Intervention" for VNAV purposes. This functionality is achieved with the Alt Intv button on the CPFlight MCP.

(Unless I am not understanding your question :-)).

Regards,

apohvh

OK, but not being able to push the knob, which button do I avtually press for the VNAV intervention, ALT HLD?

Thx Edwin

Lefteris Kalamaras

Edwin-

I recall that CPFlight had a different push combination to provide ALT INTV functionality - the driver listens for the K012 event generated by the hardware, but I can't remember which one it was - can you ask CPFlight for that? The MCPPro has the ALT INTV button on the hardware... not sure about the older MCP unit.

apohvh

Hi

this is the reply from CPFlight

I'll see what happens......

Thx, Edwin

I Quote:

Edwin I wanted to say that on 747 MCP there aren't this button and not that do not exist the function. Probably this is due to my bad english.

In any case the MCP send the command to fslabs driver that receive this commands. You can ask to FSlabs team to add this functions (in the next fslabs driver upgrade) for 747 panel when receive the SPEED and ALT int command from the MCP737.

Regards,

Paolo

CPflight

?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Edwin-

the command is already in the driver code, as I explained to you - I just don't recall what the hardware key combination was to send it - the K012 event. I assume Paolo misunderstood - so can you ask him again?