Bulk Cargo Loader with the New GSX Update

Alp Deniz Senyurt

Alp Deniz Senyurt

I have tried to add 3rd cargo loader (with the uldcode "BELT") to simulate 3 loaders with the new update of GSX. There is no problem with the position of the bulk cargo door. However, as GSX uses custom checks for the doors, I need to write LVar value of Bulk Cargo Door. Problem is, I couldn't find the LVar value for bulk cargo door to try with. I have checked the documentation that came with the aircraft but there wasn't any information about this. I have tried writing this as LVar but it makes Couatl crash so something is wrong here.

(L:FSLA320_bulk_cargo_door, number) 2900 >=

If somebody can tell me LVar value or help me find it, I would try to add the cargo loader. 

UPDATE:

I found out the LVar above was actually correct. Moreover, I was able to add bulk cargo and fixed couatl crashing by swapping names,

[cargomain]

with:

[cargo1]

Initially, [cargomain] was bulk cargo and [cargo1] was FWD cargo door. Making [cargomain] FWD Cargo Door, [cargo1] AFT Cargo Door and [cargo2] BULK Cargo Door fixed the crash problem.  Now, everything is fixed and I am able to use bulk cargo as well. As you can see in the pictures below, gsx now uses all available cargo doors. Thus, as it can be seen on the last picture, custom check works as well. 

I have uploaded the GSX configuration file to forum and it can be downloaded from here.

2017-10-28_0-44-18-579.bmp

2017-10-28_1-5-34-573.bmp

2017-10-28_1-6-44-301.bmp

2017-10-28_1-6-56-681.bmp

2017-10-28_1-7-34-200.bmp

2017-10-28_1-16-30-715.bmp

Edited by Alp Deniz Senyurt
Fixed the Couatl Crash and Added BULK Cargo Loader
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
20 minutes ago, Manny Ortiz said:

and where exactly do you put that file in? Thanx

Go to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes

Inside that folder, create two new folders, one named FSLabs A320 CFM and the other named FSLabs A320 IAE

Drop the gsx.cfg file in each of these folders and load the sim. that' s it

Manny Ortiz
17 minutes ago, J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S said:

Go to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes

Inside that folder, create two new folders, one named FSLabs A320 CFM and the other named FSLabs A320 IAE

Drop the gsx.cfg file in each of these folders and load the sim. that' s it

Thank you much!

Mick Hamilton

Do you still have to swap names? or is it already done in  the new config?Also how do you select 3 cargo systems within the airport config ie I am at EGLL gate 224 and when I go into gsx airport configurator I only see the option for 2 loaders@

Mick Hamilton

Screenshot (44).png

Alp Deniz Senyurt
5 hours ago, Manny Ortiz said:

and where exactly do you put that file in? Thanx

I have added installations steps to the file description. Steps are:

1- Download the file.
2- Go to %AppData%\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes (If you do not have Airplanes folder, create one)
3- Create 2 folders with the names "FSLabs A320 CFM" and "FSLabs A320 IAE" respectively.
4- Copy and paste the downloaded file to each folder. For example: %AppData%\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE\gsx.cfg

4 hours ago, Mick Hamilton said:

Do you still have to swap names? or is it already done in  the new config?Also how do you select 3 cargo systems within the airport config ie I am at EGLL gate 224 and when I go into gsx airport configurator I only see the option for 2 loaders

Mick Hamilton

Screenshot (44).png

I have fixed the name and crash issues so no need to change anything in the file. One of the problem with this config is that you cannot change the [cargomain] loader type from airport configuration. It can only be changed by editing uldcode for [cargomain] section in the cfg or from the built-in aircraft configuration tool.

Mick Hamilton

Hi I must be doing something wrong.I have swapped out  the original GSX CFG with the new one in both the IAE &CFM folders.When I run GSX to board passengers everything works ok but I only have 2 loaders.When I open the customize aircraft  inside GSX settings and click on the left side cargomain option it is listed as no door at this position.If I then edit it to have a door when I return to the sim and re enable boarding, COUATL crashes

Mick Hamilton

Disregard previous post I was putting the cfg file into the wrong directory,I was putting it into AppData\Roaming\GSX\FSLABS instead of AppData\Roaming Virtuali\Airplanes\FSLABS.

OOPS!!

Alp Deniz Senyurt
10 minutes ago, Mick Hamilton said:

Hi I must be doing something wrong.I have swapped out  the original GSX CFG with the new one in both the IAE &CFM folders.When I run GSX to board passengers everything works ok but I only have 2 loaders.When I open the customize aircraft  inside GSX settings and click on the left side cargomain option it is listed as no door at this position.If I then edit it to have a door when I return to the sim and re enable boarding, COUATL crashes

In my tests, I have found out that GSX sets the payload to 0 when:

1. You call boarding for the first time
  2. GSX starts boarding passengers

Can you please check if GSX does this on your pc as well?

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Yes it does. At least in my case.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Bill Barrette

Only getting 2 loaders, the belt baggage one and the aft container loader. Can’t edit forward cargo loader. GSX.cfg is the right place. This is with the UA IAE livery.

Alp Deniz Senyurt
7 minutes ago, Bill Barrette said:

Only getting 2 loaders, the belt baggage one and the aft container loader. Can’t edit forward cargo loader. GSX.cfg is the right place. This is with the UA IAE livery.

You cannot edit the forward cargo loader from airport configuration tool. Only way to alter the config is by using built-in aircraft config tool and editing cfg file itself. There is no correlation between livery and GSX itself as gsx only cares about the aircraft name not the livery. Did you try with other liveries?

Bill Barrette

Ok, then so how do I get the forward loader to work using your config. file?

Also, the cargo vehicles seem to drive over each other while doing their work.  I guess this is a GSX thing we can’t do much about.

Johannes Beck

Quick question on that one:

Am I the only one getting three baggage trucks with the new update, even though only two loaders are configured? Two are spawning as they should, the third one (it's the cargomain truck) spawns inside the pushback truck, performs a turn behind the plane, does a funky breakdance on the right side of the plane and then drives off.

I've been fixing some positions lately (and updated GSX) and never noticed the third truck before. So I'd like to make sure it's not my fault before heading over to the FSDT forums. Even a clean reinstall did not fix it.

Bill Barrette

I already had a FSLabs/A320 IAE folder with a gsx.fg in it. I just overwrote it. I guess this is what you meant in your original installation instructions?

Is this file overwritten by GSX every time the updater is run when a change has been made by GSX?

Bill Barrette

Ok, it works now. I had to delete the gsx.cfg file that was already there and the paste in new one. Paste and Copy over it, even completely did not work. Must be because of the Unicode++ thing with notepad.

The forward loader drives around the aircraft to the port side, then through aircraft to the starboard side, then does a 180 on its axis into position :lol: But after that, it looks very cool.

Thanks very much for this configuration file.

Alp Deniz Senyurt
On 10/30/2017 at 5:12 PM, Bill Barrette said:

Ok, it works now. I had to delete the gsx.cfg file that was already there and the paste in new one. Paste and Copy over it, even completely did not work. Must be because of the Unicode++ thing with notepad.

The forward loader drives around the aircraft to the port side, then through aircraft to the starboard side, then does a 180 on its axis into position :lol: But after that, it looks very cool.

Thanks very much for this configuration file.

Hello Bill, 

I couldn't reply back earlier as I was busy with school and midterms. We cannot change the default spawn location of the [cargomain]. However, if you would like, you can change the spawn location for each parking position. About the movement of the loader, we cannot change its behavior as well, as it is hard coded in gsx.

Alp Deniz Senyurt
On 10/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, Johannes Beck said:

Quick question on that one:

Am I the only one getting three baggage trucks with the new update, even though only two loaders are configured? Two are spawning as they should, the third one (it's the cargomain truck) spawns inside the pushback truck, performs a turn behind the plane, does a funky breakdance on the right side of the plane and then drives off.

I've been fixing some positions lately (and updated GSX) and never noticed the third truck before. So I'd like to make sure it's not my fault before heading over to the FSDT forums. Even a clean reinstall did not fix it.

When you call the gsx for the first time, gsx spawns:

• Pushback truck
  • Cargo Loaders
  • Stairs
  • Baggage handlers

So it is normal to see all three of cargo loaders even if your aircraft is not configured to use 3rd loader