Andrew Wilson

New Cabin PA Announcement Packs

Peter Meinel

Hi,

somehow I still have problems to get some of the PAs working.

DLH, EWG are working fine, but I cannot get to work AAL for example.

Here is a picture on where they are installed.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

FSL_Savety.png

Till Lukas

Peter, did you add airline_icao_code=AAL to your fltsim.cfg?

Also note that this is only compatible with P3Dv4.1 yet.

Peter Meinel

Thanks Till,

I am on 4.1. Actually I had the iata code now changed to icao and will try.

Lufthansa works fine and shows airline_iata_code=DLH; that is what I had with American

(obviously with AAL).

Peter

Till Lukas

User @Oliver Amelang has provided us with fantastic new Lufthansa PA announcements!

These files have been recorded on a real A320 through its PA system. All files match daily Lufthansa operations. For example there is no boarding music since DLH does not play it on their A32X fleet. Please reed the manual which is shown at the end of installation.

Enjoy and many thanks for the contributor!

• Like 1

Loukas Kouros

Hello,

I would like to create full pack for Aegean Airline Cabin Announcements, please can you tell me how to create and how to enable specific aircraft?

Thank you in Advanced,

Loukas 

Norman Blackburn

Hi @Loukas Kouros 

If you download one of the existing ones they come with documentation explaining all of this.

• Thanks 1

Bill Brewer
On 10/25/2017 at 5:09 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

We don't have any in the works - but I'd love to see some. If people want to record a set for UAL, DAL, JBU etc that would be great. We can help add the post-processing effects and package them up with our installers.

I'd love to have ones for UAL & JBU as those are the 2 I fly alot.. Hoping someone has a friend that is a real life JBU or UAL flight attendant that wouldn't mind lending over her voice for it or his voice.. 

Mark M Balagtas
On 11/14/2017 at 8:01 AM, Till Lukas said:

Peter, did you add airline_icao_code=AAL to your fltsim.cfg?

Also note that this is only compatible with P3Dv4.1 yet.

How can I save these changes permanently? I have noticed every time I start a new flight the changes I did to the "airline_icao_code" goes back to "airlinr_iata_code" which obviously would not make the specific PA cabin announcement to work 

thanks

Tobias Baumert

Hello,

Just to confirm, does it work on FSX? Cause in the insatalation setup i can choose fsx. But its not working. Or is it my mistake?

Thanks, Tobi

Till Lukas

It is not working for FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3. The functionailty will be brought to these sims in the next release.

• Like 1

Till Lukas

Please find new cabin PA packages below:

• Like 3

Prithvisagar Shivaraman

Hmm. I would record the cabin announcements, but UAL doesn't really fly many A320s out of my airport. I would be really interested in seeing an American Cabin Sounds pack. I already have the safety videos, but the other sounds are British, which sounds off.

Till Lukas
3 hours ago, Prithvisagar Shivaraman said:

Hmm. I would record the cabin announcements, but UAL doesn't really fly many A320s out of my airport.

Does it need to be a 320 to record from?

Prithvisagar Shivaraman
On 2/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, Till Lukas said:

Does it need to be a 320 to record from?

I don't see why it would be. We already have the safety briefings, and most of the other announcements are pretty similar across aircraft. Lefteris any requirements for this?

Mark M Balagtas

Hello guys,

Anyone kind enough to record the PA announcement of Philippine airlines, Cebu Pacific and air Asia Philippines. I just do not know how to record it and make it into a "loop".

But if anyone can show I would be happy to try it but if someone would do the honors of just recording it and post it in the forum even better :)

Thanks

Charles Macdonald

Hey, I can't seem to get these installers to work - when I run them, they don't seem to create the \Airlines\BAW\Sounds folder, for example - it just isn't there. This is the place I should be looking, right? The installer doesn't seem to be creating any new files in my documents folder

Just as I wrote this, I found the files in another directory! Something is going a bit odd here! Oh well, problem solved

Edited by Charles Macdonald

Bill Brewer
On 2/15/2018 at 12:59 PM, Prithvisagar Shivaraman said:

I don't see why it would be. We already have the safety briefings, and most of the other announcements are pretty similar across aircraft. Lefteris any requirements for this?

Only part it would matter is the safety briefing where FA's talk about the correct number of exits and the model plane your on such as 320 has double over the wing exit doors while 319 and 318 have 1 over the wing exit over each side of the wing also if your on 321 there also going to have more exits then 320..  That's only part that matters to sound right that is.. A321 would be referring to airlines like Jetblue because UAL has no 321 in our livery.. 

Abdul Afia
On 12/23/2017 at 9:55 AM, Bill Brewer said:

I'd love to have ones for UAL & JBU as those are the 2 I fly alot.. Hoping someone has a friend that is a real life JBU or UAL flight attendant that wouldn't mind lending over her voice for it or his voice.. 

I could probably supply the exact verbiage for UAL as I have a bunch of company announcement books at my buddy's house...

PabloVazquez
On 10/25/2017 at 5:09 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

We don't have any in the works - but I'd love to see some. If people want to record a set for UAL, DAL, JBU etc that would be great. We can help add the post-processing effects and package them up with our installers.

I am a flight attendant with American Airlines (previously with US Airways) I still have some old announcements booklets from US Airways that I could use to record some for you as American Airlines... Only thing is that I have a spanish accent... LOL!

PabloV

• Like 1

Till Lukas

Well go ahead @PabloVazquez :)  It could not be more authentic since you are a FA before. An American pack is much needed I guess.

I suggest to do an American Airlines pack and a generic one where the airline is not mentioned and therefore could be used with all airlines.

Let me know if you need help with the file structure or sound effects...

javier morcillo

Please anyway for pa vueling spain? Thanks!!

• Like 1

John Nesbit

I think the Spanish accent would be a nice touch!!

On 9/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, PabloVazquez said:

I am a flight attendant with American Airlines (previously with US Airways) I still have some old announcements booklets from US Airways that I could use to record some for you as American Airlines... Only thing is that I have a spanish accent... LOL!

PabloV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PabloVazquez
On 9/17/2018 at 2:24 AM, John Nesbit said:

I think the Spanish accent would be a nice touch!!

Haha... I think so too!! :-)

On 9/13/2018 at 3:34 AM, Till Lukas said:

Well go ahead @PabloVazquez :)  It could not be more authentic since you are a FA before. An American pack is much needed I guess.

I suggest to do an American Airlines pack and a generic one where the airline is not mentioned and therefore could be used with all airlines.

Let me know if you need help with the file structure or sound effects...

So, what do I need to do. Never done this kind of recordings before. I will need help with whatever you need me to do.

Thanks,

Pablo

Till Lukas
5 hours ago, PabloVazquez said:

So, what do I need to do. Never done this kind of recordings before. I will need help with whatever you need me to do.

1. Download the PA guide which is located here: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/1119-fsl-cabin-pa-system-guide/
  2. Inside the PA guide there are text examples for British Airways. You need to copy them out for example into Word and adjust the text to your airline. Also this gives an overview which announcments are needed
  3. You need to speak the announcements and record them somehow. This can be through a headset, a notbook with microphone or even via a smartphone
  4. After the announcments have been recorded and saved, they need to have the correct file name and probbaly some additonal sound effects on top. I can help you with this two tasks.

All clear?

PabloVazquez
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, Till Lukas said:
  1. Download the PA guide which is located here: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/1119-fsl-cabin-pa-system-guide/
  2. Inside the PA guide there are text examples for British Airways. You need to copy them out for example into Word and adjust the text to your airline. Also this gives an overview which announcments are needed
  3. You need to speak the announcements and record them somehow. This can be through a headset, a notbook with microphone or even via a smartphone
  4. After the announcments have been recorded and saved, they need to have the correct file name and probbaly some additonal sound effects on top. I can help you with this two tasks.

All clear?

I think so… I'll take a look at it on Monday when I get back home. I am currently on a trip. I'll let you know when I have it done.

Thanks,

Pablo

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Hi, will the new 32-bit A320 update allow the cabin packs to be used or are they still 64-bit only even with FSX/P3D v3 update? I could not find any specific info regarding this in the 32-bit update changelog. Thank you

Andrew Wilson

Sorry we missed that - yes they can be used.

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Thank you for the info, very looking forward to this update :)

Kolby Sanford
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, Till Lukas said:

You find the list of recordings in the manual comming with the PA packages. There is also a text script for it. Its about 10-15 recordings.

As Andrew said, everybody with a microphone can do it. I used Audacity to record and cutted/editied the files with a video software and exported it as an .ogg file. After that you can send them to us, we will add nice sound effects, normalize the sound level and put it in a installer

If I was to record a cabin pack how would I send that to you?

C....

Try using Audacity to record which is free. Then you could zip the files up and put them in Dropbox.

Till Lukas
10 hours ago, Kolby Sanford said:

If I was to record a cabin pack how would I send that to you?

You can also send the zip or rar pack via forum PM. It allows to send pretty big file sizes :)

Sameer Mankame

Hi There

Noticed That PA Announcement Feature Did Not Made A Way In  Update v1.0.1.310 For MFSX SP2. Just Wanted To KNow From The FSL AIRBUS A320 Team That Will We This Feature In The Next Update For FSX FSL AIRBUS A320 ?

At The Beginning Of This Topic Mr Andrew Wilson Said " These are for P3D v4 ONLY until the A320-X is updated for P3D v3 and FSX. 

Please Anybody From FSL AIRBUS A320 Team Will Confirm The Implementation Of This Feature In The Next Update.

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame 

Till Lukas

Dear Sameer

The cabin packs are already fully comaptible with the version v1.0.1.310 released on the 3 December for FSX and P3Dv3.

Sameer Mankame
2 hours ago, Till Lukas said:

Dear Sameer

The cabin packs are already fully comaptible with the version v1.0.1.310 released on the 3 December for FSX and P3Dv3.

Hi There

Thanks For The Reply Till.

I Mean Is The Feature Such As "Boarding Music", "Briefing At The Time Of Boarding", "Safety Briefing By Cabin Crew", ETC As Shown In The Video (Link Provided Below) Is Compatible And Can Be Heard By Changing Views Such As "Leading Edge And Trailing Edge View" And "Wing View". And Is This Feature Is Included In  v1.0.1.310 released on the 3 December for FSX and P3Dv3 ?

Please Skip To 05:48 To Know What Exactly What I Mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWgP6aR1MI

Please Let Me Know

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame 

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Sameer Mankame said:

Hi There

Thanks For The Reply Till.

I Mean Is The Feature Such As "Boarding Music", "Briefing At The Time Of Boarding", "Safety Briefing By Cabin Crew", ETC As Shown In The Video (Link Provided Below) Is Compatible And Can Be Heard By Changing Views Such As "Leading Edge And Trailing Edge View" And "Wing View". And Is This Feature Is Included In  v1.0.1.310 released on the 3 December for FSX and P3Dv3 ?

Please Skip To 05:48 To Know What Exactly What I Mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWgP6aR1MI

Please Let Me Know

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame 

Havr you set the options in the mcdu correctly.

Sameer Mankame
3 minutes ago, koen meier said:

Havr you set the options in the mcdu correctly.

Hi There

Can You Please Guide Me About The Correct Options On The MCDU.

Thanks

Sameer Mankame

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Sameer Mankame said:

Hi There

Can You Please Guide Me About The Correct Options On The MCDU.

Thanks

Sameer Mankame

Options > page 2 cids then see if boarding music enabled plus cabin ready. Also page 1 thrn FWC/sdac then pin prog enable cabin ready. 

Sameer Mankame
1 minute ago, koen meier said:

Options > page 2 cids then see if boarding music enabled plus cabin ready. Also page 1 thrn FWC/sdac then pin prog enable cabin ready. 

Thanks Koen

And These PA Will Be Heard By Changing View Such As "Leading Edge And Trailing Edge View" And "Wing View" ?

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Sameer Mankame said:

Thanks Koen

And These PA Will Be Heard By Changing View Such As "Leading Edge And Trailing Edge View" And "Wing View" ?

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame 

They will be heard whrn inside the cabin and when the PA know is lit plus turned to the right it can be heard in the cockpit.

Sameer Mankame
2 minutes ago, koen meier said:

They will be heard whrn inside the cabin and when the PA know is lit plus turned to the right it can be heard in the cockpit.

Thanks Koen.

I Am New To This Option. How To Select Cabin View. So Sorry For This Silly Question

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

Till Lukas

Yes Sameer. All announcments are included in the default FSL cabin pack.

You find more information about the feature in this guide:

Marios Martinis

Is it possible to separate the dim lights for takeoff/landing into 2 ogg files? One for take off and one for landing in order to use with specific airline.

• Like 1