New Cabin PA Announcement Packs

Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

We've just updated the British Airways and easyJet cabin announcement packages with automatic installers, that we hope will make the installation process a lot easier. 

The installers also include a guide that explains in more detail how to listen to the announcements, and how to install them into custom liveries.

Till Lukas has also put together 7 brand new packages for you to download - including Air Berlin, Lufthansa, Condor, Eurowings, Germania, Swiss and a generic German cabin pack. 

You can download them here.

These are for P3D v4 ONLY until the A320-X is updated for P3D v3 and FSX.

After the release of v310 for FSX and P3Dv3, the packs are now compatible with all versions.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Till Lukas

• Koen Meier

• Andrew Wilson

• Sameer Mankame

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've just updated the British Airways and easyJet cabin announcement packages with automatic installers, that we hope will make the installation process a lot easier.  The installers also includ

Austrian Airlines would be nice! 

Hi Can someone take a look at the available sound packs? There are some which aren't updated yet (DLH for example) and the .exe can't find the v5 installation (yet). And maybe it would ma

Posted Images

M@TTHl@S PlETSCH

Air Berlin is a bit sad isn’t it? Real obs until friday. So hurry up! 

4 minutes ago, Brad Zimmer said:

Will you be doing anything for US liveries?  Thanks

If you have a good voice, feel free! :)

Andrew Wilson
Andrew,
Will there be a update for the US carriers?

We don't have any in the works - but I'd love to see some. If people want to record a set for UAL, DAL, JBU etc that would be great. We can help add the post-processing effects and package them up with our installers.
  • Thanks 1
Bill Barrette

Is there a way to get the included documents without running the installers? I don’t fly any of the included liveries (I fly the UA livery and already have cabin sounds) but would like to read about the triggers etc.

Andrew Wilson

No Bill - but they're not big downloads. And once installed, you won't notice any difference unless you fly the airline you downloaded the announcement pack for.

Brad Zimmer
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We don't have any in the works - but I'd love to see some. If people want to record a set for UAL, DAL, JBU etc that would be great. We can help add the post-processing effects and package them up with our installers.

What type of files would you need for the recordings?  How many would you need?

Andrew Wilson

Any format is fine - we can do the conversion to OGG here. The Guide that is installed as part of the existing cabin packs details exactly which files are needed.
Till Lukas
7 hours ago, Brad Zimmer said:

You find the list of recordings in the manual comming with the PA packages. There is also a text script for it. Its about 10-15 recordings.

As Andrew said, everybody with a microphone can do it. I used Audacity to record and cutted/editied the files with a video software and exported it as an .ogg file. After that you can send them to us, we will add nice sound effects, normalize the sound level and put it in a installer

Hon-Chun Chan

What will happen to the old cabin announcements? Would they still work without additional modifications?

I like the concept here, but I don't need cabin sounds other than boarding music, safety brief and aircraft noise e.g. flaps. All other times I'll be too busy flying or taxiing the aircraft.

10 minutes ago, Till Lukas said:

Did you read the manual comming with the packages?

Please change your name to your real name according to forum policy - thank you

hmm i installed them but how does the aircraft recognize it? should i edit something in the aircraft.cfg?

EDIT: problem resolved, i didn't click save to save the file. :)

• Like 1
Till Lukas

Its a bit fiddly I agree. Try to move your viewpoint down and closer to the knob. I usually use my pedestal camera to adjust the volume. When you have found the turning clickspot you will see that your mouse icons changes...

Carsten Uekermann
37 minutes ago, daniel dupuis said:

i tried to get the air canada safety briefing to work did all you said to do its still the default briefing that plays can anyone make a pack for air canada ? thx 

same here.

in the aircraft.cfg that icao line disapperas and only shows iata with  =fsl

In my case the Lufthansa sounds.

Even if i delete the defalut iata and replace it with icao=dlh after start of p3d it switches back to iata=fsl

Walter Meier
23 minutes ago, rtk1972 said:

Even if i delete the defalut iata and replace it with icao=dlh after start of p3d it switches back to iata=fsl

Don't modify the aircraft.cfg. Changes there are ignored or cause issues. You need to modify the fltsim.cfg, which is found in the texture folder for each livery. 

• Like 1
daniel dupuis

well just cant get it to work i have the flightsim cfg file in there i have the sounds cabin file in the aca airline folder but im still stuck with default briefing  instead of the air canada one really frustrating has anyone got it to work if yess what is your trick because i tried everything 

Carsten Uekermann
47 minutes ago, Walter Meier said:

Don't modify the aircraft.cfg. Changes there are ignored or cause issues. You need to modify the fltsim.cfg, which is found in the texture folder for each livery. 

It is working. Great :-) Thank you brother !

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn

Rename the file in the zip to FSL_A320X_CABIN_PA_SAFETY_BRIEFING.ogg  Make sure its only the ogg file you copy - not the folder structure inside that zip file.

Santiago Vegega
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Rename the file in the zip to FSL_A320X_CABIN_PA_SAFETY_BRIEFING.ogg  Make sure its only the ogg file you copy - not the folder structure inside that zip file.

I had the same problem as him and I fixed it by using the airline_iata_code parameter in the cfg instead of airline_icao_code.

daniel dupuis
4 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

thx it was the fact that it was missing the pa  in the file name it works 

Norman Blackburn
13 minutes ago, GJIW said:

"We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

Any idea why this is happening?

Yes.

John Supardjo

Hello

I do not have any issue to hear pa announcement, my issue is only that it does not always play all the announcements, these are what I hear , from welcome onboard while boarding

and when pushback  sometimes when just airborn,  and the rest nothing, I flight with the flight plane via PFPX or sometime I try manually accoriing in the tutorial which from LOWW to EKCH. what part of precedure do I miss, any tips always welcome ,thanks

• Like 1
Till Lukas
21 hours ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

Where can we request packs?

Here :) But: FSL will most likely not do any more packs. This is a community task which everybody with a mic can do.

I got contacted by two users and we will soon have:

1. A complete new Lufthansa PA recorded through PA on the real A320
  2. A complete new Germania pack
  3. These two packs will also be available as a generic pack which can be used with any German/Swiss/Austrian based airline. This means with will have 2 german male crews and 1 german female crew! This also means: the Germans delivered!

where are the Spanish? Italians? Greek? Turkish? Russians? Americans? Asians? Aussies?

Eamonn Jawhary
Here But: FSL will most likely not do any more packs. This is a comunity task which everybody with a mic can do.
I got contacted by two users and we will soon have:
  1. A complete new Lufthansa PA recorded through PA on the real A320
  2. A complete new Germania pack
  3. These two packs will also be available as a generic pack which can be used with any German/Swiss/Austrian based airline. This means with will have 2 german male crews and 1 german female crew
This means: the Germans delivered!
where are the Spanish? Italians? Greek? Turkish? Russians? Americans? Asians? Aussies?

If anyone feels like doing an Etihad pack that would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk