[Resolved] Concorde for P3D v3, no panel!

Fuiret Bernard

Fuiret Bernard

Hello,

No gauge, no landing gear!
I deleted the antivirus, and I reinstalled several times P3D each time in a different directory. Also reinstalled several times Concorde FSL, but the problem is still present.

My computer :
- CPUi7 / 4790K 4.00 GHz (8cpu) - RAM 32768MB - DD 1ToSSD - GeForce GTX Titan X / VRAM 12000MB - Windows 7 Pro / 64 B - DirectX 11 -

Can you help me?

See pictures below.

extFSL.png

panel FSL.png

Fuiret Bernard

Now my request is in the right forum (thanks to the administrator), could you tell me in P3D, the folder that contains the gauges? I will already check if they have been installed.

Ray Proudfoot
6 hours ago, Fuiret Bernard said:

Now my request is in the right forum (thanks to the administrator), could you tell me in P3D, the folder that contains the gauges? I will already check if they have been installed.

Fuiret,

It might be easier if you follow these instructions.

Make sure you disable any anti-virus software before you install. Uninstall first of course and then try again using those instructions.

Fuiret Bernard

Hello,

I just followed the procedure exactly Above (Kyprianos Biris). It did not change anything! Still no gauge, still no wheel. :(

Ray Proudfoot
6 hours ago, Fuiret Bernard said:

Hello,

I just followed the procedure exactly Above (Kyprianos Biris). It did not change anything! Still no gauge, still no wheel. :(

Please post the contents of your DLL.XML file.

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Bernard,

The DLL.XML looks okay. Can you confirm the default flight is the Piper Cub in P3D please? You should then position the Cub at your chosen airport / gate and then switch off the engine using CTRL+F11.

Then select Concorde from the Vehicle menu. What happens then?

Fuiret Bernard

Hi Ray and thank you for your attention to the problem I'm having.

I put the "Piper Cub" by default. Then I restarted "P3D", I turned off the engine (not with Ctrl + F11, because it does not work) with a click of the mouse on the red button of the cockpit. Then I selected Concorde. Observation: Engine off (no noise) but still no gauge, no wheel.

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Bernard,

It sounds like the DLLs are not being loaded. Check the following folder. It should have 7 DLLs...

P3D\FSLabs\DLLs.

Also, do you see a progress bar when selecting Concorde? That's loading the DLLs.

Fuiret Bernard

"Also, do you see a progress bar when selecting Concorde? That's loading the DLLs."  No !

Image below:

dllsFSL.jpg

Ray Proudfoot

So you have the DLLs but they're not being loaded. I don't know why that is. I think you need to raise a support ticket. The answer is probably very simple but I can't think what it would be.

One final question. Where is P3D installed? In Program Files (x86) or directly under your C drive such as C:\P3D?

Fuiret Bernard

Concerning the "ticket" it has some days they answered me simply to make the installation of concorde without the antivirus. I replied that I had uninstalled the antivirus and then reinstalled concorde without any change, that despite this the defect is still present. Since (about a week) no more!

I made several attempts to install P3D (also without antivirus). In Program Files (x86) but also as currently root, C: / Prepar3D v3. Nothing changes.
:(

Ray Proudfoot

Bernard,

I am slightly concerned that you have installed P3D several times. If default aircraft are working okay in P3D then the problem lies elsewhere and uninstalling and reinstalling won't cure the problem. In fact it could make it worse if the Registry isn't cleaned properly.

I've searched this forum for your problem and there are several topics about it. One suggestion is to check your version of DirectX. You should be on DirectX 11.

To check go to Start - Run and type dxdiag. Hit OK and report back with the info.

Do you have UAC turned off? If you have sole access to the computer then it does help.

Fuiret Bernard

This morning I installed "Tune Up Utilities" and with, I cleaned the registry. Then I did a total reinstallation. Result same problem. :angry:

Regarding "DirectX" I had known the problem with concord for FSX I looked for a solution to upgrade from version 11 to version 9 but I did not find. Currently "DXDIAG" displays "V11". Share against I do not understand "UAC" what is it?

Ray Proudfoot

Okay so you have DirectX11, good.

UAC is User Account Control. It allows you to control the warning message when an executable is launched. If you trust yourself it's best turned off.

Control Panel - User Accounts. Assuming your account is Administrator level then select Change User Account Control Settings and change it to the bottom slider 'Never Notify'.

You may have to reboot. If that doesn't sort the problem then you must raise a ticket. As a paying customer you are entitled to support.

Ray Proudfoot

One more thought. When you run P3D for the first time after installing Concorde you are asked if you wish to trust the DLLs that are being executed. I’m wondering if you said NO to that question as that would explain why the DLLs are not being loaded.

Open your P3D.cfg and scroll to the TRUSTED section. There should be a few entries there. If they aren’t that might explain your problem.

Fuiret Bernard

I think you just found a track! If the P3D.cfg must be at the root of P3D, I do not have the file in question:o

Fuiret Bernard
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

UAC is User Account Control. It allows you to control the warning message when an executable is launched. If you trust yourself it's best turned off.

Control Panel - User Accounts. Assuming your account is Administrator level then select Change User Account Control Settings and change it to the bottom slider 'Never Notify'.

You may have to reboot. If that doesn't sort the problem then you must raise a ticket. As a paying customer you are entitled to support.

I just did the check (attached image). The setting is as you tell me.

Regarding FSL support I do not understand the silence. My first request for this problem is April 7, 2017 for a purchase of April 4, 2017de the P3D version.

A big health problem prevented me from pursuing my support request from April 24 to October 17, 2017. But to sum up, the FSL board was, uninstall the antivirus program and reinstalled without the antivirus.

I got back in touch with a "Ticket" on October 17th stating "I could not follow up on the last post of 24/04/17. I am sorry for that" But no answer from FSL! So I opened another "Ticket" on October 18th. To date no response from FSL support.

I understand that the problem is not simple, but I would still like to have an answer from Flight Sim Labs. I bought Concorde FSL for FSX on March 24, 2010 and I used it until the end of 2016. Since I can not use FSX anymore. So I bought P3D and Concorde (P3D version), to only use this unique and exciting aircraft.

Anyway, thank you very much Ray for the time you have spent on the problem I am experiencing.            

Concorde has never been a simple plane, even with the simu. :wacko::D

Ray Proudfoot
16 minutes ago, Fuiret Bernard said:

I launched a full search of the file "p3d.cfg" on the DD. Result, no existence!

You'll find it in this folder. The file is named Prepar3D.cfg. Sorry for getting the name wrong.

C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Please persist with your support ticket. Point them to this topic showing others have helped as much as possible.

Fuiret Bernard

"you are asked if you wish to trust the DLLs that are being executed"

This question was never asked of me during the many relocations.

There does not seem to be the "TRUSTED" section in the "Prepar3D.cfg" file. See attached file.

Prepar3D.cfg

Jonathan Fong

Asking on a hunch here.

First off, do you have FSL Spotlights installed?

If not, have you, in the past, installed FSL Spotlights, only to uninstall it later?

Fuiret Bernard
22 minutes ago, Jonathan Fong said:

Asking on a hunch here.

First off, do you have FSL Spotlights installed?

If not, have you, in the past, installed FSL Spotlights, only to uninstall it later?

Yes indeed, I had installed "SpotLights" to match FSX. I uninstalled FSX and I do not remember uninstalling "SpotLights". I will check right away in the control panel.

Fuiret Bernard
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Image below, UAC.

FSLforum.png

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Fuiret Bernard said:

"you are asked if you wish to trust the DLLs that are being executed"

This question was never asked of me during the many relocations.

There does not seem to be the "TRUSTED" section in the "Prepar3D.cfg" file. See attached file.

Prepar3D.cfg

No, my mistake. LM did away with the Trusted section in P3D. But the big problem is you're not seeing the progress bar displayed when Concorde is selected. That indicates a problem loading DLLs.

That is key to solving this problem. Your UAC setting is fine. Try installing FSLSpotLights and then check it has created an entry in DLL.XML. Then see if it will load the gauges and show the landing gear.

Fuiret Bernard

I downloaded and installed SpotLights V1.0.0.33. Always the same, no gauge, no wheel.

Image below,  "DLL.XML" :

FSLdllxml.png

Ray Proudfoot

With Concorde selected go to the Addons menu and select FSLabs - Panel - Load. Try loading a cold and dark panel. If that doesn't work then sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Ray Proudfoot

Bernard,

I know you say you've disabled your anti-virus but I can't think of any other reason why these DLLs can't be loaded. Why not uninstall your A/V, uninstall Concorde and then try another install. Can't hurt.

Fuiret Bernard

Since the beginning of the problem, I have completely removed the antivirus and I specify that I use a specific computer, entirely dedicated to flight simulation. On the other hand, since the beginning of the problem I do not count the many uninstallations/relocations  without an antivirus and without part-fire.

Concerning your remark "menu Addons" I have no choice, look at the picture below:

FSLadd.png

Ray Proudfoot

Okay, so we can probably eliminate anti-virus. I don't have it on my P3D computer either.

I don't mean that menu item. I'm talking about the one furthest to the right on the top menu. It''s from memory.

Fuiret Bernard
14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay, so we can probably eliminate anti-virus. I don't have it on my P3D computer either.

I don't mean that menu item. I'm talking about the one furthest to the right on the top menu. It''s from memory.

I do not have "addons" in the menu, see image below:

FSLmenu.png

Ray Proudfoot
8 minutes ago, Fuiret Bernard said:

I do not have "addons" in the menu, see image below:

FSLmenu.png

Ray Proudfoot

So you don't have FSUIPC or GSX for example? This proves the DLLs are not being called.

Mine looks like this. And please check your Concorde folder under Simobjects\Airplanes. It should look like the attached image.

Addons.png

ConcordeFolder.png

Fuiret Bernard

Hello,

Sorry at my last reinstallation I forgot FSUIPC. I have reinstalled FSUIPC and now the menu has "ADDON" (picture below).

The tree structure of my files seems to match yours, but I still do not have the gauges (picture below).

FSLarboress.png

FSLmenu2.png

Ray Proudfoot

Bernard,

The contents of DLL.XML are not being executed. That is the cause of the problem. The entry in that file FSLOptions will give you several FSL entries in the add-ons menu. You are missing those. And the FSL_ConcX.dll in the main Concorde folder is also not being executed. I think it's that which shows the progress bar when loading Concorde.

Only a ticket with FSL help can sort this out.

Fuiret Bernard

Hello to all,

Mr Ray I think that thanks to you, we moved forward a lot to the problem.  B)

This day and the hour, I have no answer to my ticket on the subject yet dating October 18, 2017. I keep hoping all the same of an answer and a solution of the service "Ticket".

If the problem is solved, I would let it know about the same forum.

Thank you again to yourself, Mr Ray, for the help and the time when you dedicated to the problem in question. -_-:)

Ray Proudfoot

You're welcome Bernard. I'm sorry you haven't had a reply to your ticket yet. Hopefully soon.

The fact that the relevant DLL files are not running when you select Concorde indicates that something might be blocking them. I wonder if there might be entries in your anti-virus program blocking them if you still have it running.

When you get help from FSL I'd love to know what the cause was. It has baffled me and probably a few others too.

Fuiret Bernard

I uninstalled the antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) completely at the beginning of the problem. Since it has not been reinstalled.

As I said on my previous message, if FSL finds the solution, I would mention it on this forum.

Lefteris Kalamaras

100% of those cases are an issue where the user *thinks* they have uninstalled an antivirus or made appropriate exclusions and they actually have not.
Also- uninstalling an antivirus sometimes also means the default Windows Defender then takes over - and the user swears there's no antivirus, except there is.

As such, please do your due diligence and ensure that Windows Defender has the appropriate exclusions as per our instructions, if you have uninstalled your other antivirus.

PS I removed the duplicate post.

Ray Proudfoot

It’s strange that Bernard has not replied since Lefteris posted on Thursday. Everything points to AV blocking the DLLs.

Fuiret Bernard

Hello everyone,

I apologized for my late response, but I was absent all last week.
:(

I'll come back to you before the end of the day to answer more precisely. :)

• Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved] Concorde for P3D v3, no panel!