[Resolved] Spotlights not working for P3d v4.1

Chris Kreuzbichler

Chris Kreuzbichler

Good evening (or Morning? ;) )

I finally had the chance to test out the FSL320 for P3D v4. As I was excited to check out the lighting system in v4 as well, I installed Spotlights v2 without uninstalling v1.

So when I arrived in the plane at 10pm CEST and turned on both, dome lights and panel flood lights, nothing happened. Reinstalling it didn't work. I have the old Nvidia drivers (352.08 I think) which is the verison suggested using for P3D v3. 

I would be glad if somebody has the same issue and would report on how he solved it if said person exists out there ;)

Cheers!

• Like 1

I have this same issue. Been reinstalling admin with defender off, no malwarebytes etc ... dome light shows on but no light in the VC. 

Edit: latest Nvidea drivers

Chris Kreuzbichler
5 hours ago, Bob Lyddy said:

Did you install Spotlights and the A320X with administrator rights AND running the P3D sim with admin rights?

Yes, that's what I'm always doing. 

Just now, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

Oh, and I'm using Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti, so no AMD GPU

Frustrating, eh Chris? Looks great in the day, eh? Love the bus. Just want it to work like it did in Steam. 

Chris Kreuzbichler
5 minutes ago, craiggear said:

Frustrating, eh Chris? Looks great in the day, eh? Love the bus. Just want it to work like it did in Steam. 

Yes, it is but well, it's no real problem as all the integ lights work. Still, it would be great if we somehow could resolve this issue. 

1 minute ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

Yes, it is but well, it's no real problem as all the integ lights work. Still, it would be great if we somehow could resolve this issue. 

Yeah you're right. I was fiddling from the default engines running state during the day for about an hour, but didn't notice the lack of lights until recently. The plane, itself, works nice. I just want a happy install before I start using the thing. Most of my flying is at night so it's kind of unplayable at the moment until I get this fixed. 

I have NO CLUE what the issue could be. Most of the time it's user error but I've tried everything, and the rest of the sim is happy. No idea. 

Chris Kreuzbichler
12 minutes ago, craiggear said:

Yeah you're right. I was fiddling from the default engines running state during the day for about an hour, but didn't notice the lack of lights until recently. The plane, itself, works nice. I just want a happy install before I start using the thing. Most of my flying is at night so it's kind of unplayable at the moment until I get this fixed. 

I have NO CLUE what the issue could be. Most of the time it's user error but I've tried everything, and the rest of the sim is happy. No idea. 

Dont worry, one will surely find a solution for it

Dont worry, one will surely find a solution for it

Of course. But I'm not very patient Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Chris Kreuzbichler
45 minutes ago, craiggear said:

Of course. But I'm not very patient Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I have now found a solution for me. 

I have uninstalled Spotlights v4 and Spotflight for v3, deactivated Windwos defender (even though I don't use it) and ONLY reinstalled Spotlights for P3D v4. Not it seems to be working.

That might help you as well! I'm using Graphics driver 382.05 and have reverted to a specific windows update but I can't tell you which one - Sorry!

I had this issue too and found a solution a few minutes ago. If you exclude ALL the FSLabs folders in Windows Defender it should work.

X:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs 
X:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

P3Dv4, Spotlights v2.0.0.1

I don't have the FSL320 but was having the same problem with other aircraft. Opening the Spotlight Manager, right-click to Edit lamp and clicking on "RESET" seems to solve the problem. You have to stop and restart the Spotlight Manager if you switch to another aircraft and do it all over again. Don't know yet if I'll have to do this every time I restart P3dv4.

BTW, I also have Spotlight v1.0.0.33 installed in P3Dv3 if there might be a conflict between the 2 versions.

Matthias Henseler

Excluding all Mentioned Folders from Antivirus fixed the Problem for me as well! 

Thanks to you guys!

8 hours ago, HR777 said:

X:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs 
X:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

6 hours ago, Wael Soliman said:

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs

Cheers!

Malcolm Rouse
16 minutes ago, Marc320 said:

Same for me I have the prompt on left lower corner with other airplane but disappears when I start FSL320.

I have the same issue as well . 

Chris Kreuzbichler
3 hours ago, lookaway said:

I have the same issue as well, dome lights won't work, excluding the files of antivirus couldn't help.

Do you run P3D as an admin and have tried disabling antivirus?

Andrew Eastmond

I just realized my spotlights was not working but it worked last night when I installed it. I did as suggested, excluded P3d and any FSlabs folder and restarted the pc and its working again

Will Westlake

Had the same issue and disabling them in the defender worked, however, the main panel flood light isn't shining where it is supposed to. There is an undefined light shining directly above the captains seat. The main panel flood light dimmer controls this light.

I do have a flood light, but the FO side is weirdly dark.

• Like 1
Keita Yoshida

I am having a similarity problem
The lighting effect disappears at some airports
However, it will be displayed when you are away or in the daytime

This video was tested at Kansai International Airport (Aerosim's RJBB) around 18 o'clock (JST)
(The same problem occurred in the default RJBB by removing it from the scenery library)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2qdyR7K7ar3S0NHdUY4NmNneTg/view?usp=sharing

P3Dv4.1 Window mode
Windows 7
Antivirus turned off
ORBX FTX series
PTA(even if it is returned to the backed up shader, it did not improve)
Active sky for P3D
EZCA2

Chris Kreuzbichler
2 hours ago, GorkiArriBarre said:

please how can I fix the fsl spotlights for a320x p3d v4.1??

2 hours ago, Wael Soliman said:

Did you update A320 to V 215?

@Wael Soliman Do you mean Spotlights?

Gorki, please don't forget to change your name to your real name! And have you tried disbaling firewall and antivirus and then checked whether it works?

• Haha 1

Hello,

The other day I managed to run spotlights, excluding folders from antivirus and firewalls. Nothing has changed today. No antivurs, no firewall and not work again ....

Thanks for the help.

klaas dusseljee

On my pc spotlight only works with the original 320 and not at all with the liveries in the download sector on this site.

------

With the new 1.3 liveries it's working ok for me.

Johnathon Kelly

Mine worked, then i installed a new livery and now it doesn't, however once i reinstalled it spotlights working perfectly. For me it brakes if i install a livery through the FSL installers...

Norman Blackburn

Whatever the latest version is. 

1.x for 32 bit sims

2.x for 64 bit sims

• Thanks 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

If you turn dynamic lights off, spotlights will only work in a limited fashion inside the virtual cockpit but will NOT work on outside surfaces.

Keita Yoshida
8 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I am confused - what is not working now Keita?

Perhaps you want to open a support ticket to receive assistance?

I am sorry for confusing you.
I sent a support ticket.

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK - from your video, I can see that you're testing FSLSpotlights v2 in the A320-X at Aerosim's RJBB which is NOT compatible with Prepar3D v4.1 (as far as I can find out on the web - I am not an owner, to be honest).

What other airports are you having trouble with and how did you manage to install RJBB in P3Dv4 ?

Hi! I have similar issue but not exactly the same.

On my side, the Spotlight works normally except FSLabs A320.

In this A320, if I turn on or activate a saved light group, the light only flashes less than one second then gone.

What should I do? BTW, I have not registered it so in other air crafts, I tested it at LGAV. 

32 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@Iching Lee

Please don't use Spotlights Manager with the FSL aircraft.  They have been designed with spotlights integrated.

Oh!! Thanks... Could you please let me know what I should do to edit light groups for A320 and how to turn on these group in flight?

Thanks!! 

Norman Blackburn

You don't - indeed shouldn't - edit them.

You turn them on exactly how you would in the real aircraft by using the switches for the respective lights. in the aircraft.

6 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You don't - indeed shouldn't - edit them.

You turn them on exactly how you would in the real aircraft by using the switches for the respective lights. in the aircraft.

Oh!!! I see! 

So in this A320 we cannot used that control window(as below) to turn it on or off or to adjust them? 

SP1.PNG

sp2.PNG