[Resolved] Spotlights not working for A320X v4.1

Aidan Hutchison

Anuwat Lehmann

Hello Lefteris,
I'm not sure that I exclude the right folders.
Here are the exclusions folder that active during the test on my Windows Defender.

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs\LAAS
C:\Users\user\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
C:\Users\user\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
C:\Users\user\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Spotlights
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs
C:\Program Files\FlightSimLabs
C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs

Anuwat Lehmann

Hello Lefteris,
After putting P3Dv4 main folder into the exclusion along with all folder from my early post, now Spotlight works without turning Windows Defender off anymore. Thank you for your help !

• Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved] Spotlights not working for A320X v4.1
On 25 October 2017 at 9:31 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Please exclude c:\Programdata\Flightsimlabs\LAAS from your antivirus, as well as the Spotlights installation folder.

Let us know if that works for you.

Did you clean up your camera configurations?

May I ask how do you clean up the camera configs please?  

Ignorance is bliss

All the best

Denis B

Hi Lefteris,

Unfortunately I can't get FS Spotlights to work no matter what I have tried from everything I can find as a potential solution on this thread :

• Windows Defender exclusions
  • Windows Defender switched off completely
  • Renamed Camera configs / XML

My Software & Add Ons :

• P3D V4.1
  • Chaseplane
  • Active Sky

FS Spotlights is installed and running on a license. I open P3D, then load up the FS Labs A320. Then load up FS Spotlights (See attached).

I can go into individual Lamps, adjust them as I need, but once saved as a single lamp or into a group the master slider doesn't function. If I slide it to the right the lights just flash on and off quickly and don't stay lit.

This goes for any of the default lights in the attached setup as well as any new lights or groups I setup.

I've run out of thoughts at this stage and would appreciate some direction.

Cheers.

Simon.

Screenshot_2017-10-30_12_21_35.png

Lefteris Kalamaras

You do not need the FSLSpotlights manager to control the A320 lighting system - it's all integrated within the aircraft. Use the aircraft knobs and switches to control lights in there.

You will need to have P3D Dynamic Lighting enabled for them to show properly.

Hi Lefteris, thanks for the quick reply. Just checking because that's not what it says on Page 2 of your A320 Installation manual :

"Spotlights need to be installed for full functionality of the A320-X"

• 4 weeks later...
pierre legault
On 30/10/2017 at 5:07 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

rename your cameras.cfg and CustomCameras.xml files in the %appdata% roaming Lockheed Martin folder.

Its work now. After I renamed cameras.cfg and load p3d. In the new cameras.cfg created by p3d all my config of chaseplane was removed. Then I stop p3d and copy all the content of my backup of my cameras.cfg in the new one. At my surprise now for AIE and CFM models all the FLOOD lights work perfectly.

Was the first time that I made a night flight with the A320-X since I installed chaseplane. Its maybe it the problem? I dont know but both work like brand new ones ;)

Maybe this help you 

Bon vol de nuit :)

Pierre

Jivan Moulandi
On 10/18/2017 at 1:19 AM, Svyetoslav Kobelyev said:

I found problem.

To resolve this, you need to add folder with installed FSspotlight to Windows Defender exception.

And all will work properly.

My problem was solved using your method, thanks

Hilkiah Lavinier

Sorry to add to this thread.  But my spotlights only work during the day.  During daylight I can use the aircraft knobs to turn on / off various lights.  Howeever if I time preview to the evening they no longer work.  If I time preview back to day light, then spotlight works again.  I have p3d 4.1 with the A320x v215.  I also just purchased spotlights.