FSLSpotlights v2.0 for Prepar3D v4.1 now available!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

This release is necessary if you wish to enjoy full dynamic light capabilities in your A320-X.

As before, the product will enable FSLSpotlights for other aircraft around the LGAV area - however, if you have already purchased a serial number to activate the product fully, you can use that in v2.0 free of charge as well!

Download the new version here!

• Like 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras pinned this topic
Bodson Sébastien

Hello, For the spotlight we have to install it in a specific file or just the path of our P3DV4? Unfortunately by putting the normal path for my P3DV4 the spotlight does not work. Can you help me if there is a path for it to work please? thank you very much

Malcolm Rouse

Just done a fresh install of the 320 and Spotlights . windows defender deactivated , but still can't get spotlights to work , i only have the prompt menu bottom left on default aircraft but not the Bus .

Chris Kreuzbichler
4 hours ago, GorkiArriBarre said:

Dont work in p3d v4.1 

IT does work. Have you tried disabling your antivirus while installing as well as tried disabling it prior to starting your sim?

Søren Dissing
20 hours ago, Malcolm Rouse said:

Just done a fresh install of the 320 and Spotlights . windows defender deactivated , but still can't get spotlights to work , i only have the prompt menu bottom left on default aircraft but not the Bus .

Malcolm,

The prompt menu bottom left is not present in the FSL A320-X (or the ConcordeX for that matter) since the Spotlight functions are integrated in the product directly. So the absense of the menu is not an indication of something gone wrong.

Malcolm Rouse
1 hour ago, Søren Dissing said:

Malcolm,

The prompt menu bottom left is not present in the FSL A320-X (or the ConcordeX for that matter) since the Spotlight functions are integrated in the product directly. So the absense of the menu is not an indication of something gone wrong.

Hi Soren 

Yep i know that now , however my Spotlights still doesn't work . 

I made a video on YT for Lefteris ,its not the best but you see my problem . 

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Malcolm's problem was that he hadn't excluded c:\Programdata\FlightSimLabs\LAAS and ALL subfolders from his antivirus.

Can you please do the same?

Ahmed Al-Dabbass

Hi there,

Just downloaded Spotlight and was wondering if it is supposed to say trial version. Also I would like to know if spotlight works even with DL off. When DL off does it still uses DL or something else ?

There's a problem with the Spotlights uninstaller--when I uninstalled Spotlights 2.0.0.1 to install the new version, the add-ons.cfg file (in C:\ProgramData\...) was left with a [Package.x] section for FSLabs Spotlights by the uninstaller...in fact the uninstaller moved it to the top of the list...from [Package.4] to [Package.0]

This was definitely the uninstaller...I checked the add-ons.cfg immediately before and immediately after running it.

Regards

Antonio Pazienza

Dumb question:

Could someone confirm this is working in non-demo mode for A320X with no need to purchase it?

If So - It should be stated more clearly into product description page IMHO.

Regards.

Lefteris Kalamaras
3 hours ago, Robert Scott said:

There's a problem with the Spotlights uninstaller--when I uninstalled Spotlights 2.0.0.1 to install the new version, the add-ons.cfg file (in C:\ProgramData\...) was left with a [Package.x] section for FSLabs Spotlights by the uninstaller...in fact the uninstaller moved it to the top of the list...from [Package.4] to [Package.0]

This was definitely the uninstaller...I checked the add-ons.cfg immediately before and immediately after running it.

Regards

Robert-

thanks for picking this up - I've found the issue and it will be fixed for 2.0.0.3.

• Like 1
On 23.10.2017 at 4:01 AM, James Holland Jr. said:

not work for me

Also not for me. I spent hours now to get a simple tool working and it is highly dissatisfying with this lack of support. The Airbus I will definitely not buy from these programmers rather stay with Aerosoft as well.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Raphael

Have you opened a support ticket and received no answer? I haven't seen any requests for assistance from you, then again without a last name as per our rules it's difficult to find your tickets.

Spotlights work in 100% of the cases unfortunately there are situations where the users Antivirus settings are not properly set up hence the error.

In Mr Holland's case I am personally assisting as I happened to get his ticket.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Goerig,

thanks. Now you can possibly call me Lefteris, as that's my first name. I would love it if you could also fix your display name to be your full first and last name. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Raphael said:

Also not for me. I spent hours now to get a simple tool working and it is highly dissatisfying with this lack of support. The Airbus I will definitely not buy from these programmers rather stay with Aerosoft as well.

The issue was that the files I downloaded were for V1 and not V2. According to the customer service I received the following answer: Those files are actually for v1 - any .ini file which contains "attenuation" rather than "pitch" and "heading" is for v1. Hope this helps anybody with similar issues. Thank you very much !

• 4 months later...
fateh anabi
On 17/10/2017 at 6:35 AM, Sébastien Bodson said:

Hello, For the spotlight we have to install it in a specific file or just the path of our P3DV4? Unfortunately by putting the normal path for my P3DV4 the spotlight does not work. Can you help me if there is a path for it to work please? thank you very much

Hi! In which file did you install FSL spotlight? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
brendon powys

Hi im new here just purchased the A320 a day ago i have 1 Question concerning FS spotlight well 2

1) Must i purchase FS spotlight for the A320 or i can do with out it .

2) Does FS spot light run in the back round of the sim..

thanx:)

4 hours ago, brendon powys said:

1) Must i purchase FS spotlight for the A320 or i can do with out it .

Spotlights are free for use with the A320 and the Concorde. You only need to purchase if you want to use them with 3rd party aircraft.

4 hours ago, brendon powys said:

2) Does FS spot light run in the back round of the sim..

They are integrated with the sim.

brendon powys
1 hour ago, Mike Ionas said:

Spotlights are free for use with the A320 and the Concorde. You only need to purchase if you want to use them with 3rd party aircraft.

They are integrated with the sim.

Thanx Mike

• 2 months later...
Thomas Stemmer

Ähem.. how can I start the spotlights? I am searching and searching… but I can't find the lights ;((( sorry, I know it's a stupid question, but I am not an english speaker and I don't find anything …. ;-(((  

… ooookey.. I've found the manual … and the manager ;)

• 1 year later...

I am so sorry, maybe there something I don't understand, when I want to download Spotlight program, I go to the download section and there I find  two spotlight options and all do not have the full program that is mentioned -about 200MB- they only have files "versions" about 20MB each? looks more like a drivers ? I installed the latest version to enable cockpit lights to work and it did just fine.

Is there's something I am missing here? I apologize if it's mentioned somewhere and I didnt see it? 

Kindly help, thanks

Alaa 

23 minutes ago, Alaa Riad said:

I am so sorry, maybe there something I don't understand, when I want to download Spotlight program, I go to the download section and there I find  two spotlight options and all do not have the full program that is mentioned -about 200MB- they only have files "versions" about 20MB each? looks more like a drivers ? I installed the latest version to enable cockpit lights to work and it did just fine.

Is there's something I am missing here? I apologize if it's mentioned somewhere and I didnt see it? 

Kindly help, thanks

Alaa 

Even the first version in V2 was only 27Mb in size. They are Fully functioning programs. Reason for versions is just to keep track of which update of the aircraft and sim works with which version and what has changed.

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras
2 minutes ago, mark niebauer said:

It is not fully compatible with V4.5 and has much trouble with PBR textures.  PMDG NGXu is a perfect example.

Do you have any other aircraft where FSLSpotlights doesn't work? What is the observed issue with PBR textures exactly?

On 11/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, koen meier said:

Even the first version in V2 was only 27Mb in size. They are Fully functioning programs. Reason for versions is just to keep track of which update of the aircraft and sim works with which version and what has changed.

Hello Koen,

I found out about the little square at the bottom left corner of the screen but when I click it it asks for profiles ......I am sorry where I can get them for FSL and PMDG and Maddog ?

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Alaa Riad said:

Hello Koen,

I found out about the little square at the bottom left corner of the screen but when I click it it asks for profiles ......I am sorry where I can get them for FSL and PMDG and Maddog ?

Thanks 

Fslabs is integrated completely as for pmdg 

Madding I don’t know. For all b747 profiles go to the latest page.

• Thanks 1

PMDG need to fix the completely wrong MCP lighting but when they do and a few other little things the lighting will not need spotlights.

So I see no point in making one.