EDDM for P3Dv4 - SODE jetway enhancement

J0hannes Butz

NOTE: Please read this post and the disclaimer carefully. This installation is not a "press this button and get the result" thing. It is farely complex and requires some computer knowledge. I tried to provide easy instructions but if you do not know what AppData and ProgramFiles directories are, you shold NOT do this, I'd strictly advise against it. The night lighting of the jetways used here is not particularly good and if you want maximum compatibility, please continue to use the orignal T2G Jetways.

Hi,

as you might know, I made a package of Terminal 2 SODE Jetways for EDDM wich was highly welcomed, BUT I made the mistake to share files that were protected under the copyright of Taxi2Gate. I 100% agree with that being a mistake by me, I was not aware that I violated copyright at that moment.

I eagerly awaited the P3Dv4 update for EDDM and as many of us hoped we now have SODE jetways as a standard at this airport, but as it is my homebase, it had to get more love than just not carefully placed, non-glass jetways.

2017-9-27_23-22-42-28.thumb.jpg.725cdaffe62fe7470f6ad2980e840521.jpg

Now I want to share, how I placed those way more realistic looking glass jetways with you, without sharing any files that are protected by copyright - meaning you'll have to modify your own installations of the two airports used here, I can only provide the instructions on how to achive what I show you in these screenshots. Also I made the process easier for you by providing files that I did create and that are NOT violating any copyrights.

2017-9-27_23-26-31-427.thumb.jpg.401d60b93063ab68042674bbfcfaff4f.jpg

For installation you will need the Drzewiecki Design EPWA X airport, the updated version of EDDM for P3Dv4 (it will not work with the versions for FSX (SE) and P3D up to v3) and some concentration, as YOU will have to customize your installations.

In the download file you will find my own .xml, an installation and uninstallation guide, my GSX.ini file for the whole airport and a modification file to enable use of Terminal 1 Jetways with Boeing 777 and 747 airplanes.

I recommend the use of GSX, as I fitted and tested all parking positions to the individual aircraft types and jetways. Also this will get you SafeDocks at the correct gates.

2017-9-27_23-20-29-62.thumb.jpg.bbdfe9a3fefcbf09261a9ba5ac8618c7.jpg

FAQ:

Q: Jetway out of range?                                                           A: I can only gurantee that all jetways work in the parking positions that I've put into the GSX.ini

Q: SafeGate does not work!                                                    A: upon arrival after landing, select the gate in the GSX menu, it will then be activated

Q: Can you replicate this at other Airports?                         A: depends on each individual airport, definitely not for Aerosoft sceneries

Q: Why not make the original jetways glass?                      A: move your camera inside one of those, you'll see the jetway disappearing, that's what happens if I change the texture to glass

DISCLAIMER: neither T2G nor Drzewiecki Design are aware of this and if you feel that this project of mine is a spoil or that any of the parties involved will take a loss in me doing this, I will immediately remove all files upon asking. I do not want to hurt anybody or any company by doing this. I removed all files that are protected through T2G's or Drzewiecki's copyright and either wrote into the installation instructions where to get those files OR replaced them with files that I created. As of now, while writing this, I am not aware of any laws that I would be breaking or copyright that I'd be violating. If this is the case though, please contact me and I will happily take all files down! If you are an admin of this forum feel free to delete the post if it violates any rules that I'm not aware of.

EDIT: Removed files, please download the new ones one post below

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
J0hannes Butz

Here's an update for everybody who uses dynamic lighting:

Changelog:

-added support for dynamic lighting

-more diversified jetway positions

-removed jetway texture redrawing

-added support for third cargo loader for GSX 2.2.0.0 or above

-optimized GSX positions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Lars Schneider

Wow, thanks for that Johannes, very nice mod indeed. 

However, it seems some of the jetways are missing the part where they connect to the terminal building, see attached screenshot. I followed your installation instructions to the letter, so i'm pretty sure i did everything right.

I only installed the v2.1 version of your mod though. Is this a cumulative update and requires 2.0 to be installed first?

EDDM_jetways.jpg

J0hannes Butz

Thank you for reporting this issue! I accidentally deleted one line in the instructions that is vital for the Jetway Pod to work. The installation instruction has been updated in the post above!

If you don't want to download it again, just copy the Model.EPWA_Jetway_Pod folder from the EPWA SimObjects to your EDDM SimObjects folder.

2.1 is a stand-alone mod package specifically designed for users with Dynamic Lighting turned on, as this package does not use any static models. AI docking should also be available when turned on in the SODE Platform Manager.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
J0hannes Butz

New files (again) :D

Changelog:

- more diverse jetway positions

- placed cones out of Aircraft parking range

- added dynamic lighting mod (see screenshot below) (FlyTampa or JustSim v4 scenery required)

- added performance friendly night texture for DL users

- minor adjustments to the GSX .ini

- simplified installation process

As above this is a stand-alone package, it requires all original copyrighted files by T2G, Drzewiecki and optionally FT or JS. It should work in all simulators that support SODE.

2018-1-6_22-23-49-987.thumb.jpg.3eb7b769d489a997fdab4cb917738922.jpg

EDDM_SODE_ENHANCEMENT_v2.2.rar

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Peter Meinel

I'd like to use your enhancement, the problem is I do not have any jetways in T2G EDDM. I already re-installed, put all EDDM-files in ORBX GES to off.

My order is EDDM, EDDM-LC-ELV, EDDM-Terrain, updated SODE Taxi2gate-EDDM

Maybe you have an idea what else I could do.

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
J0hannes Butz
10 hours ago, FSXLiveries.com said:

Correct order is

Peter uses GES and with that the order has to be like this, otherwise the GES mesh overwrites the EDDM mesh which makes the bridges useless. He fixed his issue himself, it was SODE related.

If anybody in here uses AI traffic for EDDM and is annoyed about the planes rotating a couple of times on the runway before vacating and parking too far for my jetways/inside of each other you can PM me. I made a working AFCAD, but as it's based on T2G's so I can't share it to the public. Current work is on the taxi lines, not sure when I'm able to complete it.