FSUIPC window not opening

Peter Zaehringer

Peter Zaehringer

Hello FSLabs Team,

I've been experiencing a strange error with the wonderful A320 recently. I've had this great bird almost since the day it was released and never had any problems with it, even on my ancient PC (i5-2500K oc 4.3 GHz, Z68X-UD4-B3 INTEL, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 570 1.2 GB GDDR5 Win-7 64 - FSX Box SP2.

Long story short, I purchased another add-on airplane a week ago and "cheated" on my beloved FSLabs Bus ;-) Now, whenever I load the A320, it renders my FSUIPC inaccessible, meaning I can see it listed in the drop down add ons menu, but when I click on it nothing happens. I have all my study-sim aircraft, incl. FSlabs calibrated etc. via FSUIPC. I have uninstalled, reinstalled with the same results (both A320 and FSUIPC v4.97). I'm using the most recent FSlabs installer with v.197 binaries and 196 resources (I always do those tasks as an admin and virus software disabled - my FSX drive is completely exempted from virus scanning).

I'm at a complete loss, I have tried rebuilding FSX.cfg, DLL.xml, exe.xml but nothing seems to make it work again. I do have a feeling that this might have something to do with FSDreamteam's GSX, but I'm not quite sure yet. I have not posted this on Pete Dawson's or FSDreamteam's forum yet. Unfortunately I can't even provide a fsuipc error log as it's not even being created during the loading process of the bus.

I have attached the above mentioned files and would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction to get my beloved A320 back. FYI - I have not submitted a support ticket yet.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Peter

DLL.xml

EXE.xml

fsx.CFG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Peter Zaehringer

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to solve this? My ticket has not yielded any results since September 2017 and I'm slowly approaching 1 year without the A320 :-( I have tried numerous un/re-installations, unfortunately with the same results. The FSLABS A320 is the only high end add-on that has this problem with FSUIPC on my setup.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

Cheers,

Pete

Markus Burkhard

Pete,

in trying to solve this, have you tried removing the fsuipc.ini (backing it up of course) and let FSUIPC generate a new one? I think when you uninstall FSUIPC, that file remains in place. A corrupt .ini file could be a cause for it to malfunction. 

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Zaehringer

Hello Markus,

thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it. I tried regenerating a new fsuipc.ini without success. Still no action when clicking on the add-on menu fsuipc, nothing opens to adjust my controls etc.

So strange.

Cheers,

Pete

Peter Zaehringer

I just realized, right after loading FSLABS A320, nothing in the add-on menu is accessible anymore - not FSUIPC, not GSX, or any other items listed under this particular menu. Upon exiting, the sim hangs and I have to end the FSX process via task manager. So weird that this only happens with this aircraft.