Preview Video of A320-X in P3D V4

Andrew Wilson

Errais abdeljalil
34 minutes ago, WALED ANDEJANE said:

will this futures will be available for FSL A320 SP1 FOR FSX? or just p3d v4?

only p3d v4

Marc Aussant

Thank you Andrew for this preview. Remarkable soundset. Watched that video in the office at work this morning and my colleague next to me says " Marc, can you just tow this aircraft out from the office" ...

Brilliant achievement indeed, looking forward for the next video in the VC environment.

Marc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Angelo Kühberger
5 hours ago, WALED ANDEJANE said:

ok what about FSL A320 SP1 FOR FSX ?

You can buy the P3D V4 than you have all the new things ;) 

the FSX is 32bit and the 32bit is now on the end ;)

• Like 1
WALED ANDEJANE
16 minutes ago, Angelo Ebner said:

You can buy the P3D V4 than you have all the new things ;) 

the FSX is 32bit and the 32bit is now on the end ;)

the 32bit is the 1.0.1.196  version what is available now ?

Matt LaMay

As I wrote on Facebook, but never received an answer...

So I hate to ask for fear of the ramifications of such offensive questioning, but are us lowly swine that still use the archaic fsx going to see the upgrades in sound and lighting as well?

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 minute ago, M@tT L@M@y said:

As I wrote on Facebook, but never received an answer...

So I hate to ask for fear of the ramifications of such offensive questioning, but are us lowly swine that still use the archaic fsx going to see the upgrades in sound and lighting as well?

No. These are P3Dv4 only, as I've explained in my previous announcements. 32-bit applications can't afford us the memory space.

Matt LaMay

It would be nice to at least have the sound upgrades in fsx...especially to the IAE version with the wonky cabin sounds.  Even if they are at a degraded level, the difference in clarity would be minute.  So much so that the average user wouldn't be able to tell the difference without sound editing software.  And would the footprint really be that much bigger?

I can certainly understand the dynamic lighting being an issue, however.

Lefteris Kalamaras

I debated responding as it would open the thread to such assumptions.

Suffice it to say if it could have been done it would have.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Steve Dra
19 hours ago, M@tT L@M@y said:

Fair enough.  It looks like you all have forced me to utilize my credit card in ways that are sure to make my wife quite unhappy!!:lol:     :(

Hey Matt, that is the nature of flightsimming.  It is impossible to believe that any wife would be happy with any purchase we make to feed our passion for this hobby. :rolleyes:

This is not limited to spouses though...as its a generalization I know any non-simmer makes when trying to understand why we spend so much time (and money) in our hobby.

Sadly its a case of special discrimination we face from the non-simmers in the world...and when I get the question posed to me, I respond similar to this: "This is a hobby/recreational activity like any other I'll name now....Golf, Fishing, Cycling, Hunting, Cars, Watersports (you name it, kyacking, canoeing, surfing, jetskiing..etc).  If you question an avid golfer when they would spend $800 on ONE club, hours upon hours on the course, etc....then extrapolate that thought and apply to my hobby, which is simming, any rational person should be able to make the connection.  Fishing...want to answer me why an avid bass fisherman would spend tens of thousands on a high-end bass boat they use once every few weekends and with a certain season?  Cycling?  A carbon fiber frame costing thousands....are you kidding me?  A $100 Huffy (for the whole bike) works for me.  Do I really need a $1500 scope on my $8000 hunting rifle, sitting in my $1200 tree stand for hours on end, usually freezing my butt off, just to shoot a defenseless animal?"

Anyway as you can see....we could go on for days when debating the rational for spending what we do on any hobby. All the other hobbies listed however, are so common in our society, they're easily justified by the ill-informed and frankly judgmental people we encounter every day. 

Here is an interesting social experiment:

Go to a popular, public area.   Have a list similar to this:

• Golf - Ping, Arnold Palmer, US. Open, etc
  • Fishing - Skeeter, BassPro, Zebco, Shimano, Rolan Martin, Jimmy Houston, etc.
  • Cycling – Huffy, Schwinn, Trek, Lance Armstrong, Tour de France, etc
  • Hunting – Winchester, Leupold, Weatherby, ect
  • Flightsim – FL Labs, PMDG, Aerosoft, Lefteris Kalamaras, Robert Randazzo, Mathijs Kok, etc

Setup a spreadsheet table with those values and ask people you encounter if they’ve heard of any of those items.

Any guesses on where the checkmarks would fall?  Who hasn’t heard of Lance Armstrong, the Tour De France, Arnold, US Open, etc?

Care to guess how many checkmarks you’ll collect in the “Flightsim” row?  I’ll answer that now…ZERO!

This is our community’s curse and dilemma…no way I know of to rectify it.

As for the move to P3d V4….that is a move I feel any dedicated simmer would be wise to do.  As  Lefteris mentions and what I’ve seen from all our favorite vendors…this is the way they’ll be moving from this point forward.  As much as I love using comparisons to relate things, here is one specific to vendors who would choose to equally support old, 32bit platforms in parallel with their 64bit development.

Using a comparison we can ALL relate to:

This would be like telling a major international airline (pick your favorite) with a large fleet of 4-engined aircraft that they MUST keep using them, even when the advanced 2-engine aircraft simply out-perform them in every financial aspect.  Then tell them they have to compete with other airlines who’ve moved to more efficient aircraft, matching their prices.

The outcome: They will go out of business.  This is a fact.

We, as dedicated simmers, have equal responsibility with our great developers to make the move to better, more economical platform software when it becomes available.
Just about every premier developer has clearly indicated that it would be so much better for our hobby in general if they could focus their efforts on the future, vs trying to drag the simmers still hanging on to old tech along with us who’ve moved on.

It causes undo stress on all the developer’s resources (both monetary and time), and its frankly not fair to them.  Lefteris, correct me if I’m way off base here…but I imagine we’d we much more rapid development if you had to only support the current 64bit app(s) (who knows what other 64bit platforms our devs will code within as they mature).

Anyway….that’s a long post that started out as just a response to your comment about a wife’s response to financing our hobby….maybe those simmers in similar situations and have their spouses read this post and see if a light goes on in their brain.

• Like 4
Steve Dra
1 minute ago, Bill Barrette said:

As usual Steve...spot on :lol:

Now...back to the real world, what is going on with you and Harvey there in Houston?...oh, wait, wrong thread, my bad:ph34r:

Bill Barrette

Hey Bill,

Fortunately I'm in Dallas and we missed the brunt of Harvey....however I did some volunteer work that made me realize 2 things:

1. How incredibly fortunate I am to live in Dallas vs Houston and being on the other side of the food-serving line at the shelter here in my home town, taking care of thousands of displaced Houstonions) .
  2. How incredibly bad this storm was, and how we long (not only Texans, but the nation) we'll be recovering from it.

Remember Katrina?  That is a storm we (as a nation) never fully recovered from even after all these years.  Parts of Louisiana are now just abandoned towns...those people permanently displaced.  

Even though Katrina can be considered a major catastrophe, it does not even compare to the scope of the impact Harvey has had to this point, and will have for years to come! (with no disrespect intended to those who suffered through Katrina) 

Thanks for asking....we simmers sometimes forget that there is a real world out there we all live in...and it takes priority over simming (and in my case painting! :lol:) in situations like this. 

Kevin Hall
On 01/09/2017 at 10:02 AM, Angelo Ebner said:

Is the PTU Sound bei Gear UP/Down also in the Cabin, like Real ? :) 

Here you hear it by 15:50 :)

Is that normal for gear up? I don't remember ever having heard it in the cabin during gear operation. Perhaps the left engine hyd pump needs servicing? Hopefully any such PTU sound in the sim would be triggered organically in the simulation by a drop in green system pressure, visible on the ECAM, triggering the PTU, not just as a result of gear operation.

Angelo Kühberger

By every flight in my life in a Airbus a320 i hear the PTU by Gear up or Gear down ;) 

Look Youtube you hear by 90% of the Flights the PTU :)

Bill Barrette
2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks for asking....we simmers sometimes forget that there is a real world out there we all live in...and it takes priority over simming (and in my case painting! :lol:) in situations like this. 

True, true...still waiting on that UA tulip CRJ 700 livery:ph34r::lol:

Steve Dra
Just now, Bill Barrette said:

True, true...still waiting on that UA tulip CRJ 700 livery:ph34r::lol:

You'll be the 1st to fly her when I get back to painting her.   (well 2nd counting me...but she's not flyable just yet.  Besides, you have a nice battleship livery to fly in the mean time ;))

Daohan Lim

Hi first off, 

Great work you guys have done improving the a320 maintaining it as the best add on in the flight sim world in my opinion. Although most of us are seated at the edge of our seats anticipating the release of the beast in the making, we secretly do not mind the long wait because of all the greatness that is about to present itself. 

Secondly, 

I read through all the forums and got confused about the pricing along the way. So if y'all could kindly clear my doubt - that if users have the p3d v3 version they do not have to pay for an upgrade to V4 is that correct?

Thank you very much and keep up the awesomeness

NilsUnger
1 hour ago, Daohan Lim said:

So if y'all could kindly clear my doubt - that if users have the p3d v3 version they do not have to pay for an upgrade to V4 is that correct?

Yes, the devs confirmed this.

Fraser Cooper

P3D v4 came out in 30th May 2017. Here we are in September with a short video of outside sounds. Is that how far the development of the product has got?

Almost 6 months after v4 came out...

*Should learn to count first. My point remains the same.

Sorry to be so blunt, but just saying what everyone else is thinking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
Steve Prowse
16 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

As for the move to P3d V4….that is a move I feel any dedicated simmer would be wise to do.  As  Lefteris mentions and what I’ve seen from all our favorite vendors…this is the way they’ll be moving from this point forward. 

I have moved to v4, just waiting for majestic's Q4.  I'm just wondering; what do you think should happen to Concorde?  Should we Concorde simmers just give up flightsim?  Since you seem to suggest that FSX has no place now in our hobby well at least not for the dedicated simmer anyway.

Karl Brooker
38 minutes ago, Fraser Cooper said:

P3D v4 came out in 30th May 2017. Here we are in September with a short video of outside sounds. Is that how far the development of the product has got?

Fraser,

P3Dv4 came out just a little over 3 months ago, not six. We could postpone release until 30th November if you think that would be better? :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
Tjorre Feldmann
18 hours ago, Angelo Ebner said:

By every flight in my life in a Airbus a320 i hear the PTU by Gear up or Gear down ;) 

Look Youtube you hear by 90% of the Flights the PTU :)

Actually I am flying on the A320FAM every day as Cabin Crew. I just heard it a couple of times. Not to often.

Norman Blackburn
14 minutes ago, Tjorre Feldmann said:

Actually I am flying on the A320FAM every day as Cabin Crew. I just heard it a couple of times. Not to often.

Flew two sectors today.  Listened for it.  Heard nothing.  Like Tjorre I rarely if ever hear it.

Angelo Kühberger
it also depends on where you sit!
as cabin crew you seat front or rear, but when you seat over the wing hear you the PTU ;) 

Vincent Das

I fly on these planes as cabin crew too, hear it all the time. Constantly hear the PTU sound whenever the second engine is started and when the gear is raised, cargo doors closed, flaps raised and lowered. All the time, then again it is possibly the aircraft type, age, maintenance which will make the noise differ, as it does per aircraft in length, loudness etc. And also which version of the Airbus the airline buys and what equipment is loaded etc. 

• Like 1
Angelo Kühberger
12 hours ago, Vincent Das said:

I fly on these planes as cabin crew too, hear it all the time. Constantly hear the PTU sound whenever the second engine is started and when the gear is raised, cargo doors closed, flaps raised and lowered. All the time, then again it is possibly the aircraft type, age, maintenance which will make the noise differ, as it does per aircraft in length, loudness etc. And also which version of the Airbus the airline buys and what equipment is loaded etc. 

Yes finally thank the first person who knows this very often occurs, i hear this by every flight ! 

And my question is that FSLabs this in which makes in her product ;) 

@Steve Dra, great comments and whole-heartedly agree! I've been simming since the late 80s and have owned every major flight sim platform in the MSFT franchise since. I have a healthy collection of add-ones over the years also and have most recently plunged into P3D v4 and X-Plane 11. I also happen to be a real-world Private pilot flying G1000 C172s now but earned my certificate in 2009 in the venerable steam gauge 152. 

So yes, flight simulation is much less costly than actual flying, even if of course I enjoy it more! But here I sit, patiently anticipating the new FSL Airbus. To get ready, I've invested yet again into this hobby of ours. Last week I purchased a new 4K monitor and today I've picked up a new EVGA GTX 1080 Ti card to get ready for years of fun as an upgrade to the excellent 980Ti. I'm testing it as we speak in X-Plane 11 with the excellent Rotate MD-80 at 4K and 60hz with a solid 40-50 FPS with nearly all sliders to the right. The card is at a respectable 70C. It's an understatement to say how excited I will be to experience the FSL Airbus in P3D at 4K!

Yes, like many other hobbies, ours is not cheap. But averaged out over the years, the returns are MUCH higher and costs are way cheaper than most "traditional" hobbies that one would be at all seriously into, at least in my humble opinion!

My 1 year-old FSL A320 rig awaits!

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero3

i7 6700k (no overclocking - yet!)

16 GB

3 Samsung EVO SSDs 250 GB dedicated to P3D V4

EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 **NEW**

Aaron

John Moore
On 9/4/2017 at 6:26 AM, Fraser Cooper said:

*Should learn to count first. My point remains the same.

Fraser, it is clearly not just a 32 bit update that would require a week or two's worth of work and beta testing. They are clearly adding a ton of new functionality and I think we should all be grateful to FSL for providing this massive update to us for FREE. Yes, other devs had their aircraft ready in the weeks following the release of v4 but those were straight ports with no added functionality. From what I'm hearing, this would be enough to make an entirely new product but it will be provided for free. Considering all of this, it being in beta just 3 months after the release of v4 is certainly nothing to be disappointed about. I can't imagine all of the work and overtime these guys have been putting in these past few months! I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that you guys certainly are entitled to some time off before the release of the  A319! :)

• Like 5
Angelo Kühberger
6 hours ago, John Moore said:

Fraser, it is clearly not just a 32 bit update that would require a week or two's worth of work and beta testing. They are clearly adding a ton of new functionality and I think we should all be grateful to FSL for providing this massive update to us for FREE. Yes, other devs had their aircraft ready in the weeks following the release of v4 but those were straight ports with no added functionality. From what I'm hearing, this would be enough to make an entirely new product but it will be provided for free. Considering all of this, it being in beta just 3 months after the release of v4 is certainly nothing to be disappointed about. I can't imagine all of the work and overtime these guys have been putting in these past few months! I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that you guys certainly are entitled to some time off before the release of the  A319! :)

How Long is the Beta testing normal ? :)

Lefteris Kalamaras

No, in your first post there was a statement that we are misleading customers. This is a direct accusation which is defamatory. Whether you realize or not, the fact that you purchase a product does not entitle you to throw out such accusations.

If you want to make "serious critique", you need to treat people the way you'd like to be treated. Starting a communication with "this company is misleading customers" is not respectful.

As for "A LOT OF MONEY" - I treat people with the same respect whether they've paid a dollar, a pound, a million dollars or, in fact - nothing. There is no monetary value to providing respect to your peers. You either do it or you don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Simon Ward

Hi There,

For those that purchased the FSX version is there a light at the end of the tunnel for the FSX fixes and added functionality to such things as the FMGS ?

Is there a chance these can be released before the P3D V4  version ??

Thanks in advance

Simon Ward

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic
  • Norman Blackburn unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic