P3Dv4 Sound Engine

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

Hi. 

1st, I don't know if this topic is correctly placed under the General discussion forum. Since I don't have issues with the audio of my copy I don't think it is eligible to be in the Sounds forum, but I leave it up to the moderators.

The thing: as the new update for P3Dv4 comes closer and closer I'd like to ask about one thing that caught my attention. U guys are saying that you are building a new sound engine for the plane. Could you expand a bit on that? What are -in a nutshell- the features of this  engine? . 

Let me try to grab the whole arm now... Since audio is something that you can't feel in a pic, could you disclose a few seconds video showing it off :D ???

If the answer is that you can't, a simple no would work for me. It is your product , I understand you can keep that thing to yourselves until release.

I just... feel curiosity about it. 

Cheers.

Dean Johnston

This is didn't need to be posted as they clearly stated, nearly each engine has over 100 different sounds files and they will post a video very soon' they said 

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

"nearly each engine has over 100 different sounds"

Dean thanks for the hint... that is gonna be a badass download.

Looking forward for the video. Didn't know they said they'd post it.  If that is not done yet, then I am afraid we are not quite there as I thought.

Nevertheless.. I was just feeling curious. Happy with the plane in P3Dv3. 

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

I seriously hope the new 'sound engine' will be anywhere close to what the Blue Sky Star folk is achieving in X-Plane.

His 320 soundsets for x-plane are -next to the IXEG 737's- the best ones I've ever heard in any simulation platform.  Funny enough, I've always thought that X-Plane is a no go for me because of the lack of quality sounds, variety of sceneries and study level planes in general... but it is proven that it is all about the developers and not the platform itself.

Fingers crossed!