Captain Joe explains Concorde flight path

Roman Geber

Fraser Gale

It is certainly better than part 1 which I saw on another site, where he hardly referred to Concorde despite the title.  Shame he didn't use the simulator he was sitting in, it is great fun to fly! 

Just be careful if you are a perfectionist like me, ballast fuel is actually a specific amount that was sometimes carried in tank 9 or tank 11 for landing which could not be used, not the amount that was put in T11 during cruise.  If the zero fuel centre of gravity was rearward of a certain point ballast fuel was required in T9 for landing to bring the CG forward of 53.5%. 

Anyway, I'll be quiet now but it tends to be geeks (in a good way!) on here who like to do things properly so I thought I'd clear that up.

Frazz

Ray Proudfoot

Captain Jon Hutchinson... "this is a proper flightdeck. None of this poncy glass cockpit rubbish! These are proper instruments, needles and dials." :D

All you Airbus pilots... take note! :P

Fraser Gale

I agree with him. The difference is that all information was displayed all the time so that trends could be noticed and intervention taken if the crew thought it was required. In an Airbus you will get a caution or warning message once something has stopped working and it's too late to do anything about it. 

Like everything else it took more training and skill to fly those proper flight decks, now you just have to hope that the 21 year old first officer and 26 year old captain were paying attention on the day they were shown how to fly without any FMS!

• Like 1