Support needed regarding lights in A320.

Matthieu Lambinet

Matthieu Lambinet

Hi,

I need help regarding FSL Spotlights with the A320. Whatever I do I can't keep the light on in the cockpit. What do I mean by that is that I press the button to put them but nothing happen. 

However, if I start playing with the slide bar on the side of the button, I can see the light working but they don't stay on. I have to move the slide bar to see them on but they never stay on when I stop moving it !

So I tried to change some settings but I don't really now what to change as this is an automatic set up that pop up when I launch the A320.

I really need help as flying night time is my all time favorite !

Thanks.

Matthieu Lambinet
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

Don't mess around in the spotlights configuration if you are using the FSL A320. It is preconfigured.

Ok i have seen that but it's not working so i had to try something :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras

You don't need to use the Spotlights manager to turn the lights on. They are integrated within the actual aircraft, so use the proper knobs and switches of the aircraft itself instead.

Matthieu Lambinet

Ok so when i launch the game and the plane by night everything light are off by default? I will have a look if it works !

But still I would like to see what sportlght can do :-) I am just dodging the problem and not fixing it. 

Lefteris Kalamaras

You're not dodging any problem -

if you have Spotlights installed, they work inside the A320-X *without* the need of the Configuration tool (the FSL Spotlights Manager). All you need to do is, for example, turn the dome lights on, or the Pedestal lights on, etc.

if you want to see what they do in OTHER aircraft, please read and follow the Spotlights documentation, it'll explain in more detail than I can do in a reply here.

Matthieu Lambinet

OK so I can have the light on following your advice which is a great news !

The bad news is that I don't have any of the "Airbus style" button lighting up. The "press on" "press off" that light up when On they don't.

Any idea for that ?

I just purshased Steve's DX fixer because I was thinking maybe it would solve my issue with spotlight and the button not lighting up but now nothing is working. I load the A320 all the systems are off :s For that much amount of money I am turning crazy right now ! Almost a week fighting for this and it only get worst !

Edited by Matthieu Lambinet
Lefteris Kalamaras

When you say the buttons don't light up, are you loading in a Cold & Dark situation?

In any case, this is not a spotlights issue, perhaps open a new thread in the A320 support forums.