CIVA INS 64-bit news

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

This topic is simply to keep you in the loop regarding work on a 64-bit version of the CIVA INS which will be required should FS Labs proceed with a 64-bit version of Concorde.

Back in May I asked the author of the CIVA INS - Marco Ravanello - if he would be able to create a 64-bit version. You can read the discussion here. http://www.simufly.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1496075111

You'll notice he needs to test his code with a freeware 64-bit P3D aircraft. If any of you know of one please post here. If none appear in a reasonable timescale then maybe some of us could make a donation so he can buy a commercial one and test his code.

Please do not use this topic for any bashing of FS Labs. Two topics have already been locked because of this. A 64-bit CIVA INS does not guarantee Concorde will be converted but it does make it feasible. And FS Labs have a lot of work to finish the A320 but having an available CIVA INS would make their life a lot easier.

• Like 4
Ray Proudfoot
5 hours ago, Magnus Meese said:

Can he not just inject it into one of the aircraft that follows the sim?

I don't fully understand your point. Do you mean one of the default aircraft in P3D v4? If so I'm sure he would have considered that and then dismissed it if not feasible.

Robert J Toten

Looking at the thread, it looks like he's asking for a jet airliner. Looking at the list of default P3D aircraft, I don't see anything appropriate. IMHO his best bet for a test platform is the King Air.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Robert. I wasn't expecting any default aircraft to be suitable. Do you have a link for the King Air? Is it a commercial package?

Robert J Toten

I don't have P3D, so I don't know for sure. Looking at the advertising materials.. it appears that a King Air 350 is included with the default installation.

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Robert. I asked on AvSim and was pointed to a freeware 727-200 for FSX that has provision for the CIVA INS. I've given Marco the link.

Magnus Meese

If it's anything like FSX, you should be able to inject the gauge into any sim aircraft, so as long as cruise performance parameters of the aircraft of the essence, and P3D hasn't locked down this ability, any aircraft should do in my mind. That's the reason for my question.

Ray Proudfoot

Magnus,

No point telling me. I'm just the messenger. Click the link in the first post, register if required and talk to Marco. But he has a fair amount of experience with CIVA so will be aware of what's possible and what isn't.

• 3 months later...
Robert J Toten

So I checked the Simufly thread again,

It looks like the author has successfully updated the CIVA INS gauge to 64 bit standard (P4D). However, from the main website it appears this has not been released. We know that any new gauge will not work in the Concorde-X, and therefore the Concorde-X will not work in P4D. However, this has been stated to be a major roadblock to bringing the Concorde to Prepar3d V4. Hopefully this means things are progressing towards an update some time in the distant future.

I personally only use FSX, but this appears to be good news for P3DV4 users.

Would Prepar3d have enough processing power to animate the FE panel in the VC? :D

Fraser Gale

I too have been keeping an eye on the INS threads with interest and it does look like good news.

However, (and I could be wrong with this) I don't see the Concorde-X situation changing anytime soon even with Civa sorted as the main issue is compatibility of Concorde win P3d v4 which must be much more complicated than the INS alone.  

Whilst it was laudable of those people who tackled the developer of the INS to get it sorted for 64bit I still don't see this as the cure to the problem.  

I have been flying the Airbus in version 4 and I must say it is a great improvement and Concorde would be great in it, but much like when she was retired in real life I can understand the commercial reasons for the lack of movement on an upgrade. 

Let's just hope the team can find a little time sometime soon to help us out but for now I'm not holding my breath.

Frazz

Jean Marc Devoisins
On 13/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, Fraser Gale said:

I have been flying the Airbus in version 4 and I must say it is a great improvement and Concorde would be great in it, but much like when she was retired in real life I can understand the commercial reasons for the lack of movement on an upgrade. 

Let's just hope the team can find a little time sometime soon to help us out but for now I'm not holding my breath.

Frazz

Hello !

I think too that Concorde would be amazing on P3DV4 and I keep hope that the FSLABS's team will find time enough to satisfy our,  and their own,  passion of fabulous airplane in sims 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
Robert J Toten

Another update:

The developer has posted an x64 version of the CIVA for download on the website, but you must be registered member to access it. Hopefully this is progress towards having it fully functional in P3Dv4