Chaseplane

Brad Zimmer

Brad Zimmer

Does anyone have any experience with Chaseplane and the A320?  I use Ezdok but am having issues in P3dv4.  I looked at Chaseplane and on paper it looks like a better all around fit for me.  I was wondering what people on here think.  Are there profiles that we can use much like in Ezdok that others have created?  Thanks!

Joan Alonso

I have never used Ezdok, so I can not compare, but for me Chaseplane is a must have now.
I think it does what Ezdok did, some more features probably, but with an up-to-date interface (What I've seen of Ezdok is something confusing and unfriendly). 

You can adjust precisely every single parameter, and no noticeable problems regarding performance for me. There's also the cinematic mode and the doors system to play with. After some time playing with it you'll know all what it can offer to you.

Regarding profiles I think that they have planned to implement it on 1.0 release (as it is currently in beta).

Brad Zimmer

Great!  Thanks!

How is it in the VC?  Does it allow you to create different views with hotkeys for different areas within the VC (FMC, overhead, etc.)?  Is there a good zoom function?

Joan Alonso

Yep. You can create as many views as you want (I don't know if there's a limit). Every single view (VC or outside) can be accesed via hotkey of your choice.
The zoom works fine and smooth in both view modes. As I said, many options are customizable, e.g. assigning a hotkey to track or not the aircraft, move around, pan, doors system...

You're welcome!

Don Walker

Chaseplane profiles are now available in the latest builds if you opt into the experimental version. You can grab just one view from the community, or a whole profile and anywhere in between. It even gives live previews of each uploaded view as you mouse over it. Some add on aircraft devs have uploaded whole profiles for their aircraft, saving you having to define all the views you want. I have used both Chaseplane and Ezdok and for me there is no contest - Chaseplane is a must have

Cheers

Don

K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0

Chaseplane works great and has amazing features. But one drawback that you should consider is the "always online" requirement. If you have an internet connection that is not stable, you might have some problems with the product.

Philipp Schwaegerl

I switched from EZCA v2 to ChasePlane and what should I say? I will never look back. The most distrubing thing with EZCA is that it goes extremly deep into your seim and changes some of the behaviour of your aircraft. THIS is a nogo for me. 

ChasePlane doesn't do this. It is very easy to handle and if you are used to EZCA, you will find your way into ChasePlane very very fast. 

Brad Zimmer

For those of you that use Chaseplane, what do you set the advanced motion effects to in order to make it feel a bit more realistic (anticipation, follow horizon, etc.)? 

• 6 months later...
Alejandro mirania

One more thing, I believe that ChasePlane interferes with the normal  A320 FSlabs funtionality. Let me explain: I set AC BUS 1+2 right after departure, when tha failure shows up then I lose MAP navigation, I revert into MAN PITCH TRIM  ONLY which is something that should not happen until LND GEAR DN.

I bring the same scenery back again with ChasePlane uninstalled, and every thing works as expected in this EMERGENCY. Has anyone noticed something similar ???