Cockpit sound stop when headset connected

Stefan Langen

Stefan Langen

Good evening,

I am having a problem with the FSLABS Airbus A320X.
I use FSX with Acceleration Pack.
The issue exists with both IAE and CFM versions.
I have four Intel i5 processors, a ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card, only DirectX 10 and Windows 7.
Monitor resulotion on the main monitor is 1920x1080 and on the second monitor 1280x1024 (only used for task manager an vpilot, FSX is running in window mode on main monitor).
Antivirus is running.
No Matrox Powerdesk software is used.
Version of Binaries is v1.0.1.197
Version of Resources is v1.0.1.196
Version of SpotLights is v1.0.0.27
VC only is installed.
Other add-ons running in the sim: REX Overdrive, several sceneries like Aerosoft LHR, BCN X, Megaairport MUC, VIE and for flying online I use vpilot.

My porblem is that when I connect my headset for flying online, I cannot hear any cockpit sounds (like APU fire warn, GPWS callouts or clicks of button pressed or switches moved). Although I can hear the engines running and bleed air working. This happens regardless of my setting in the FSX sound menu. I tried selecting the sound to come from my loudspeakers and the voice from my headset, but this only makes the engine sound move from headset to loudspeakers. The cockpit sounds are still vanished.
I am sure that it has to be an issue with the FSLABSA320X, because it works perfectly with Majestics Dash 8Q400.

Does somebody know, how to fix this issue or has the same problem?

Kind regards

Stefan

Martin Freitag

What's your sound configuration in Windows? 2.1 or 5.1? Had a similar issue with certain callouts not working - figured out that I had 5.1 configured, but just two speakers. Setting sound config back to 2.1 did it for me. Just a guess ...

Stefan Langen

I have a 2.1 sound system. And the funny thing I discovered now is that, when I unplug the headset, the sounds do not return. They actually never return, after I have connected the headset. The only way to get them back is restarting the sim.

Pakin Suebphimpha

I faced this problem too and think that it is a bug from sound configuration.

It could be nice if there are some methods how to fix this problem.

• Like 1
Lars Hajema
On 5-7-2017 at 10:05 PM, Stefan Langen said:

Good evening,

I am having a problem with the FSLABS Airbus A320X.
I use FSX with Acceleration Pack.
The issue exists with both IAE and CFM versions.
I have four Intel i5 processors, a ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card, only DirectX 10 and Windows 7.
Monitor resulotion on the main monitor is 1920x1080 and on the second monitor 1280x1024 (only used for task manager an vpilot, FSX is running in window mode on main monitor).
Antivirus is running.
No Matrox Powerdesk software is used.
Version of Binaries is v1.0.1.197
Version of Resources is v1.0.1.196
Version of SpotLights is v1.0.0.27
VC only is installed.
Other add-ons running in the sim: REX Overdrive, several sceneries like Aerosoft LHR, BCN X, Megaairport MUC, VIE and for flying online I use vpilot.

My porblem is that when I connect my headset for flying online, I cannot hear any cockpit sounds (like APU fire warn, GPWS callouts or clicks of button pressed or switches moved). Although I can hear the engines running and bleed air working. This happens regardless of my setting in the FSX sound menu. I tried selecting the sound to come from my loudspeakers and the voice from my headset, but this only makes the engine sound move from headset to loudspeakers. The cockpit sounds are still vanished.
I am sure that it has to be an issue with the FSLABSA320X, because it works perfectly with Majestics Dash 8Q400.

Does somebody know, how to fix this issue or has the same problem?

Kind regards

Stefan

Gents,

lucky and unfortunately  (depends on who you ask) this is not a bug. It has to do with the way FSX and P3D are hardcoded. 

Truth of it is. The only way to fix his is to have your headset connected to your PC when starting FSX/P3D and keeping it connected until you end the flight. Disconnecting your headset during the flight is just a bad idea in general and leads to loosing sound since FSX nor P3D will recognise the output anymore.

Frankley I have no idea why you would unplug your headset from you pc midflight.

Hope this gives some inside ;)

Cheers,

Lars (LarstheAviator)

• Like 1
Stefan Langen
1 minute ago, Lars Hajema said:

Frankley I have no idea why you would unplug your headset from you pc midflight.

The reason why I unplug my headset with the Airbus running on ground (I never get off the ground with headset connected, beacuse I am too annoyed by hearing no sounds) is that I cannot hear any cockpit sounds (like switches, callouts etc). I was hoping, that if I unplug the headset the cockpit sounds would return.

Lars Hajema
17 minutes ago, Stefan Langen said:

The reason why I unplug my headset with the Airbus running on ground (I never get off the ground with headset connected, beacuse I am too annoyed by hearing no sounds) is that I cannot hear any cockpit sounds (like switches, callouts etc). I was hoping, that if I unplug the headset the cockpit sounds would return.

Hello Stefan,

thank you for explaining it to me :D. Unfortunately unplugging is only going to make it worse, like you found out :ph34r:

Have you by any chance added a community livery to your A320 in the past few weeks? I once added a Air Portugal livery which had some wrong line of text in the part that you have to add to the A320.cfg which made me loose all sound. If so would you please be so kind to post only the livery entries of the A320.cfg on the forum so that I can have a look.

Cheers,

Lars 

• Like 1
Jan-Willem Spuij

Did you try plugging in the headset before starting the sim? I'm assuming the A320 creates its own connection to the audio device based on fsx settings or system defaults while the a320 is loading. Fsx probably doesn't expose enough features to send all sound through FSX.

Lars Hajema
3 hours ago, Jan-Willem Spuij said:

Did you try plugging in the headset before starting the sim? I'm assuming the A320 creates its own connection to the audio device based on fsx settings or system defaults while the a320 is loading. Fsx probably doesn't expose enough features to send all sound through FSX.

Hello Jan-Willem Spuij (what an amazing name),

I think he already does that and then unplugs it when the a320 is loaded. Thats what i understood from his last message.

Cheers

Lars

Stefan Langen
15 hours ago, Lars Hajema said:

If so would you please be so kind to post only the livery entries of the A320.cfg on the forum so that I can have a look.

Good day Lars,

Actually I never used the FSLABS livery. Here are the code lines of my three liveries:

[fltsim.3]
title=FSLabs A320-X Atlantic Airways
sim=A320
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=FLI
kb_checklists=AirbusA320_check
kb_reference=AirbusA320_ref
atc_model=A320
atc_id=OY-RCJ
atc_airline=Atlantic Airways
atc_flight_number=RC456
atc_type=Airbus
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A320-214 (CFM)
ui_variation=Atlantic Airways
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=falken/thefpr/Trolilol
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=FSLabs A320-X - CFM565B4 - 180 passengers version OEW 43.662 KG and 29.3% CG - FSLabs\nFlight Sim Labs - www.FlightSimLabs.com - Flight Sim Labs - Repaint by falken a.k.a thefpr a.k.a Trolilol
// FSLabs Added Variables
engine_variant=CFM565B4
system_variant=EIS2
selcal_id=CM-LQ
version=1
[fltsim.2] // <-Change this
title=Airbus A320-214 Lufthansa D-AIPZ
sim=A320
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=D-AIPZ
atc_model=A320
atc_id=D-AIPZ
atc_airline=Lufthansa
atc_flight_number=DLH05
atc_type=Airbus
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A320-214 (CFM)
ui_variation=Lufthansa (D-AIPZ)
ui_createdby=Flight Sim Labs
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=FSLabs A320X - CFM565B4 - 180 passengers version OEW 43.662 KG and 29.3% CG - FSLabs\nFlight Sim Labs - www.FlightSimLabs.com
engine_variant=CFM565B4
system_variant=EIS2
selcal_id=DE-PQ
version=0
// END FSLabs Added Variables
[fltsim.1]
title=FSLabs A320-X Edelweiss Air
sim=A320
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=EDW
atc_model=A320
atc_id=HB-IJU
atc_airline=Edelweiss
atc_flight_number=EDW01
atc_type=Airbus
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A320-214 (CFM)
ui_variation=Edelweiss Air
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=FSLabs A320X - CFM565B4 - 180 passengers version OEW 43.662 KG and 29.3% CG - FSLabs\nFlight Sim Labs - www.FlightSimLabs.com
engine_variant=CFM565B4
system_variant=EIS2
selcal_id=AE-JP
version=1
[fltsim.0]
title=FSLabs A320X CFM
sim=A320
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=FSL
atc_model=A320
atc_id=SX-FSL
atc_airline=FSLABS
atc_flight_number=FSL1
atc_type=Airbus
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A320-214 (CFM)
ui_variation=FSLabs
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=FSLabs A320X - CFM56 - 180 passengers version OEW 43.662 KG and 29.3% CG - FSLabs\nFlight Sim Labs - www.FlightSimLabs.com
engine_variant=CFM565B4
system_variant=EIS2
selcal_id=LA-BS
version=1

5 hours ago, Jan-Willem Spuij said:

Hi Jan-Willem,

I have tried that several times, but unfourtunately it does not change anything.

Thank you guys for your help!