Moscow to Cairo route

Steve Prowse

Steve Prowse

Guys,

In 1987 G-BOAF took off from Moscow and landed in Cairo some 3hrs 56mins later.  From what I understand it had about 24 min supersonic and reached about FL540. My request is does anyone have the route taken?  Any help with the planning of this flight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Fraser Gale

It could if it was light enough.

As far as the route is concerned, it sounds like it used normal airways and that only part of it was over sparsely populated land or water where they could go supersonic. 

Frazz

Steve Prowse

Thanks for the input guys.  I've now completed this flight, see attached files.  My transonic phase started 30Nm before TITUS.   With regards to the flight plan;  my objective was to be as close to the original flight report stated distance ie 2093Nm, and 24mins supersonic.  Which all worked out well.  the reported block time was 3hrs 56mins, I achieved 4hrs 03mins.  This flight will test your fuel panel skill, firstly maintaining subsonic requirement of 55% and then during the transonic/supersonic phase.  If you're looking for something different, try this flight EFB,CPS and flight plan attached. 

Steve

UUEEHECA01.pln

UUEE_HECA_20170423_1650.pdf

UUEE-HECA.pdf

• Like 1