Virtual Cockpit Suggestions

Carlos Cané A.

Carlos Cané A.

Hi,

I've been using FSX for some years now but I've been away from it lately (almost since 2D panels were still used over VC). I've decided to get back to it now and try your amazing A320.

I'm trying to use VC now but its a little bit complicated to get used to. Are there any 3rd party addons that make VC navigation easier? Are there any key configurations you recommend? Any other suggestions? Anything would help!

Thank you!

Antonis Kastrinakis

If you have FSUIPC, enable the Mouselook option under Miscellaneous. Then by pressing the space bar and moving the mouse you can look around very quickly and also zoom in by using the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Cheers!

• Like 1
Peter Meinel

Hi Carlos,

I am using TrackIR and CasePlane. My goal is to mimic the real 3-dimensional cockpit as closely as possible.

Sitting in the rw cockpit you look down, left, right where ever you have to do something, take your hand there

and e.g. "arm your spoilers". I do exactly the same with TrackIR and instead of using my hand I use the mouse

(close enough for rw at least for me). I never assign any button on my joystick to any function (like flaps) because in

the rw there is no such button on the flightstick. I'd rather look right/down and use my mouse or the copilot if available.

I even try not to pop up any screen (ND, PFD) as there is nothing like that in the rw. Unfortunately I cannot cover the whole

cockpit with TrackIR and that is where I use CP like upper overhead and some eyecandy outside^_^.

Peter

Kevin Hall
11 hours ago, Antonis Kastrinakis said:

If you have FSUIPC, enable the Mouselook option under Miscellaneous. Then by pressing the space bar and moving the mouse you can look around very quickly and also zoom in by using the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Cheers!

That mouselook technique also works without FSUIPC. I used to use EZDOK but gave up with it and switched to using mouse look. EZDOK takes over your middle mouse button which I wanted to use for other things.

Ray Proudfoot
On 05/04/2017 at 4:22 PM, Carlos Cané A. said:

Hi,

I've been using FSX for some years now but I've been away from it lately (almost since 2D panels were still used over VC). I've decided to get back to it now and try your amazing A320.

I'm trying to use VC now but its a little bit complicated to get used to. Are there any 3rd party addons that make VC navigation easier? Are there any key configurations you recommend? Any other suggestions? Anything would help!

Thank you!

I only have Concorde, not the A320 but also needed a way of navigating around the VC.

I came across SimpleCam by the same author as EFB (Electronic Flight Bag). Read about it here. Price is very reasonable too. http://www.aivlasoft.com/74.html