Future of Concorde X

Marlon Carter

Marlon Carter

I was just wondering if FSL has any future plans for the Concorde X? Will this be a product that will be supported for basic issues of compatibility or will this product ever see a real upgrade in visuals and other aspects to keep the interest in this aircraft alive for years to come? I would say that the only significant updates worth having is an updated model (or perhaps better definition on the exterior and HQ paints) and the inclusion on weather radar which would be a major bonus. I'm sure that even if these updates came at a small many would still appreciate it.

Kyprianos Biris
10 minutes ago, Marlon Carter said:

I would say that the only significant updates worth having

Its more than this (I believe) as @Lefteris Kalamaras @Andrew Wilson may confirm. Its not only a radar and HQ paint (which would be great by the way). I would love to see "new technology" being applied that would save some VAS for example. Any change in the 3D model of the VC I believe is a new project on its own after so many years.

Marlon Carter

I agree. New technology would be most welcome. It's just that its fairly obvious that no other developer will try to match the Concorde X and as such, FSLabs is the last hope for the Concorde to be enjoyed for years to come. It is by far an aircraft of great significance and it would be a shame if it were left to die.

Jonathan Fong

Unfortunately for us Concorde pilots, the market for more Airbus simulations (e.g. A318/19/21, A330, etc.) is bigger than that for a Concorde upgrade, so I doubt they'll be focusing on upgrading Concorde in any way... A refresh of the product (i.e. FSL ConcX v2) would be incredible though. Looking at the real Concorde, there's so much depth in the cockpit that isn't in the Concorde X's modeling (no fault of the devs of course; it just wasn't possible back then) that could be captured with a revamped version of Concorde with modern modeling techniques. A working TCAS display and weather radar would be awesome too...

Ray Proudfoot

I'm sure @Andrew Wilson would love to update Concorde but he's a family man and trying to balance that responsibility plus keeping Airbus and Concorde pilots happy is not easy.

Maybe when P3D release a 64-bit version of P3D he and @Lefteris Kalamaras will look at Concorde and see what's possible. Andrew loves Concorde so he's not going to ignore it. Just a case of that old enemy - time!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Marlon Carter

Are there any skilled painters out there? I was thinking that perhaps someone with the time and talent can try to do some addition bump/spec files to enhance the exterior detail of the concorde? Perhaps having even better definition liveries as well.