LOWS to LOWI The Full Story!

David Murden

David Murden

Today I did my first flight into LOWI for years, so I set up a short flight from LOWS (Salzburg) to LOWI (Innsbruck) with AS16/ASCA etc. This flight would have been much easier in a NG than a A320, but...never mind. 

The Good news was a straight out take off from LOWS but due to winds it going to be a 08 landing.....great just what I needed for the first time!!! So I took up my Captain's seat in the  magnificent FSL A320 with Niki Air for the trip. Wish me luck!

So let the boarding begine.

a.jpg

Time for the push back.

b.jpg

So you can have an idea what i'm in for.(PFD) more later...

c.jpg

Taxi.

e.jpg

Holding short, TO Config is fine....

f.jpg

Gear up, time to turn left...

g.jpg

Now at RTT I was hoping to take screenshots of the descent but it took all my concentration to do it right and on speed etc.

So here I am now in manual flight on a heading of 230 from OEV. If you wonder why my gear is down, one word....drag, it's a 3.8 degree "glide" and to keep on speed....you get the picture....

h.jpg

Here is what the Visual LOC DME looks like. Look closely.... we need to look for a Church. O great....Churchers and me don't go, I will be struck by lighting am sure!

hh.jpg

I am now angry at myself because as you can see the Church should be to my 1 O'clock not 11 O'clock...what did I say about churches and me? No now I have a sharper turn than i should have. Damm!

i.jpg

Time to turn......Here we go!

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

Is this going to be any good?....I don't know...really I dont Know...I should but I dont....

m.jpg

O man am please with that, happy days......bit high but easy to correct that.

Am in manual flight with flight directors off. Dont and I been don't go my the lights when your close, go by your eyes and sight picture of runway. The Master warning light is ON becasue I did not have time to turn it OFF, it was because I turned AP OFF, that's all. Like I said working to hard.

n.jpg

A bit low but am happy.

o.jpg

Touch down....center line hit, greased landing..........Happy days....yay....

p.jpg

Turn off

q.jpg

Very short taxi.

r.jpg

Onto the apron.

s.jpg

There waiting for me.

t.jpg

Get them PAX off please.

u.jpg

Oooo, Look at them Brake Temps!!.....Brake Fans ON...

v.jpg

Better open the window...love the noise of them, unlike the Pax's lol.

w.jpg

Nice evening.

x.jpg

Time to leave the FO to short it out I need a drink...

y.jpg

Leave them to it! I need a drink..

z.jpg

zz.jpg

Thanks J for a stunning piece of work.

Hope you enjoyed my story?

Dave.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...