"Frozen/Stuck" ADI

Kristoffer Lokke-Sorensen

Greetings!

Have been wanting/trying to take the Concorde for a blast over the atlantic this weekend, but have bin stuck at the gate with some ADI issues (Frustrating to go through all the prep before takeoff, only to discover at Vr that  the ADI does not work...Been there - done that!): It does not move when pressing the "TEST"-button, like it used to.. Following the tutorial, I loaded the Concorde_X_Preliminary saved flight, and went from there. My P3D starts with a saved flight with the Piper Cub with engines off (to accommodate the FSLabs A320). Before I test the ADI, I connect the Ground Power, then turn on the Air Data Computers, set the INS-position + align and wait for it to finish, then press test. The Flight Director etc moves like it's supposed to, but the ADI itself is stuck in horizontal position.

I've tried almost everything, from reinstall, to different versions of P3D, to no avail.

Currently I'm running P3D v 3.4.18.19475 and Concorde X 1.39. I've tried the latest P3D hotfix as well, but the same happens.

Have anyone experienced the same issues with 1.39?

I'm gonna try out the 1.38 for good measure - why not?

Kyprianos Biris

Try the following.

Load Concorde with the Piper Cub saved as start up flight engine running.

The Concorde shall load with engines running and ADI working.

Cold & Dark it yourself and when you have it set as you want for Cold & Dark, SAVE the flight. The same filename PANEL STATE will be saved in the proper folder.

Next time you start Concorde load from the intro. screen this (your) FLIGHT or this (your) Cold & Dark PANEL STATE (i.e. not by starting with the default Cold & Dark panel state).

I assume you have uninstalled and installed the latest FSL Spotlights.

Thanks  @petakas :) I wish I could tell you it worked, but I can't I'm afraid. It's still broken. I did a complete removal of all FSLabs products, and re installed 1.39 and Spotlights 1.0b33. As far as I can tell, everything works, except the ADI, which is still frozen.  If i load the Concorde with the Cub preloaded with engines off = Concorde Cold'n'Dark, Cub with engines on = Ready for take off. Did try with vanilla p3d.cfg, no entrys except the fslabs.dlls in dll.xml, and a clean exe.xml, and still no joy.

Also tried to change the line in /FSLabs/ConcordeXGauges.ini:

[ADI]
RequiresINSAlignment=1 to 0

Still it's stuck..:S

@Beardyman: Thanks! I red through all of that before posting my problem here, but as far as I can tell, the parameter ElapsedSecondsFromBeginningOfTime is not set in the default panel states, probably only in the user saved ones. (I do recall having issues with the adi turning all black and bouncy a while back).

What version of P3D are you guys on? Are you running the A320 as well?

Best regards:)

Kyprianos Biris
11 hours ago, kristolz said:

What version of P3D are you guys on? Are you running the A320 as well?

P3D 3.4.9

No A320-X (yet)

Thanks guys! Tried almost everything now, reinstalled all c++ libraries, different versions of P3D client etc, but it's still broken. As far as I can recall, the problems started after upgrading the A320 to the latest version, although uninstalling the 320 does nothing to cure the ADI problem. Weird!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I stumbled upon the solution in desperation!

The cause for the frozen ADI, is MSI Afterburner, or rather the RivaTunerStatisticServer, which creates an in game overlay, with GPU related info, such as temps, voltages, fps, core clock etc. Never had a problem with it before, but after removing the framing overlay from prepar3d.exe in Riva, the ADI is now alive! Horray!