EDDT to EDDF DLH

Benjamin Beyer

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

Hi! Great shots, really love them! I would be very interested (if the shots are not edited) at what settings and addons you use - I really like the look of your sim!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Benjamin Beyer

Hello, thank you Addons: FTX Global open Lc EU Trees HD and for Frankurt I also use http://secure.simmarket.com/prealsoft-hd-cities-frankfurt-city-fsx-p3d-(de_10359).phtml With the Megaairport of Aerosoft V2. Clouds are ASCA with AS16 plus PTA. ( Global Automatic)

ben.ini is for PTA

ben.ini

You can adjust the settings but also to your system, currently I have everything relatively high but it is flyable :-)

ben.new are my P3D Setings Profil

ben new.cfg

Regards

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

Thanks! That helps a lot. I will try PTA, interested in what it's able to do.

However I dislike ASCA, but I have REX - that should be enough :)

Interesting that you are using HDR, yet your textures don't look as washed out as many other shots I've seen. Gotta try the settings.

• Like 1
S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

Alright, now my sim looks completely new, and way more realistic! Thank you. Did you just click on the settings you want (in PTA) or did you also tweak them, as in change numbers?

Now, where is that V4 so that we can use LOD 15, and be done with it!

Benjamin Beyer

Just load and apply the preset. that's all.

Little thanks goes to luiscake, he had edited the preset. Through Him, it gained more realism.

Thank you ben for the nice shots :)

I am happy that so many like the Settings i have create.

But be adviced! Thats are really high Settings and are only recommend on highend pc. Ben has shared his cfg so you have only to copy and paste.

Really important setting is under i7 4790k prozessors is anfinitymask=85

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

No worries on my side... 6700K @ 4.8Ghz, GTX980 OC + really fast RAM. I loaded everything, set it up a little bit differently when it comes to P3D settings, as I know my tweak settings, and that was it. Performs as good as mine.

A little feedback maybe: night HDR is terrible. I didn't compare to default shaders night, but I was in FT LOWW now (but also checked some others) and the brightness of airport buildings, ground textures, virtually everything becomes unbearably bright and the whole airport is actually brighter than at normal day operations. I don't remember having this effect with a default shader/hdr.

Did you change something in this area, or idea how I might alleviate the issue?

Right now the only way to "fix" it, is to turn HDR at night off.

33 minutes ago, Kosta said:

No worries on my side... 6700K @ 4.8Ghz, GTX980 OC + really fast RAM. I loaded everything, set it up a little bit differently when it comes to P3D settings, as I know my tweak settings, and that was it. Performs as good as mine.

A little feedback maybe: night HDR is terrible. I didn't compare to default shaders night, but I was in FT LOWW now (but also checked some others) and the brightness of airport buildings, ground textures, virtually everything becomes unbearably bright and the whole airport is actually brighter than at normal day operations. I don't remember having this effect with a default shader/hdr.

Did you change something in this area, or idea how I might alleviate the issue?

Right now the only way to "fix" it, is to turn HDR at night off.

I am sorry for this Problem. I have to say that my pc Screen is optimazed for the p3d. So it can make some mistakes on other pc's.

For no i have no fix. Pherhaps i will be fixed be pta itselfe.

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c
On 12.3.2017 at 1:03 AM, LuisCake said:

I am sorry for this Problem. I have to say that my pc Screen is optimazed for the p3d. So it can make some mistakes on other pc's.

For no i have no fix. Pherhaps i will be fixed be pta itselfe.

I have an IPS 27inch screen which is calibrated with SpyderPro. But also uncalibrated, the night lights are way too bright, and that is the only problem. There is luckily a solution, which as far as I can see don't make a huge difference: turn off Autogen emissive lighting, or tone it down.

I read somewhere it potentially also causes trouble with some sceneries, grass being weirdly green at night.

Since I can't see a big benefit of this function, it's off. Now everything is way better, and I can use HDR both day and night.

Konstantin Didushok

Ben posted a link to a PTA preset website that didn't show up for some reason, but here it is again:

https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/

I have tried it and can say that they did a good job providing a realistic ambient atmosphere. Especially the nights look much more realistic in that the clouds and terrain appear really dark as opposed to the default P3D/FSX state, where everything is glowing. The only thing that needs to be improved is the darkness of the shadows under skies: Flying into a shadowy region during daytime looks too dark to me. I solved this problem by turning everything off under "HDR & Post-Processing" in PTA.

As for sky textures, I highly recommend ENVTEX. I think they look most natural (even better than REX) and also utilize the "Full Dynamics" texture change feature by ASCA.

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

I saw that page. I downloaded it, and I am currently using it. The thopat one definitely is more balanced, as in you can actually use HDR both night and day, without panels being to dark, or too washed out, or night objects being way too bright. I will check the shadows though.

ASCA isn't coming onto my computer any more. Bought it, installed it, battled with it, uninstalled it and again happy now.

Philipp Schwaegerl
On 11.3.2017 at 8:39 PM, Srdan (aka Kosta) said:

Alright, now my sim looks completely new, and way more realistic! Thank you. Did you just click on the settings you want (in PTA) or did you also tweak them, as in change numbers?

Now, where is that V4 so that we can use LOD 15, and be done with it!

I really hope with v4 we don't need to care about the LOD at all anymore.

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

There's always LOD for distance, and it's needed, even with v4 for sure. They didn't redesign the engine, so the engine is same - addons will work. But hopefully they will allow for higher LOD than 6.5, and we shall not have blurry textures any more visible. I would prefer 9.5, as this looked really great in FSX.

19 hours ago, S_r_d_a_n K_o_s_t_i_c said:

They didn't redesign the engine, so the engine is same - addons will work.

Can you give more info? The biggest fear for most people is possible incompatibility with addons. 

To the topic at hand: very nice screenshots! :wub:

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

No, I don't have any more info than what I read from various sources. Also think about it a bit: ORBX will be compatible, and that without lot of change. It was said I think that it needs DLL adapt but the core functionality remains the same. So I guess other sceneries might be more or less compatible. Problems arise with aircraft I guess.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Hi guys. I would like to update the preset from me to version 1.2

LuisCake Preset v1.2
Changelog:

-improved night light quality on airports
-update cloud shadow deep on ground
-new haze effect
-night reflection improvments

Please insert the recommand HDR below

recommend hdr:

Best regards
Luis Cake