CABIN ... CHECK in STS

René Billiani

René Billiani

During taxi to the runway I can see the "CABIN ... CHECK" message in the STS page.
I don't know which action should be taken, appreciate your help.
The CABIN READY LOGIC in the OPTIONS Screen is set to AUTO.
DId not find any hint in the respective documentation.

4 hours ago, Tim Mitchell said:

It doesn't work like that! The message on the ECAM will go green or disappear. We aren't in a Boeing ;)

"Boeing"? What is that???

Alexandre Rodrigues

Would be nice if we could modify the time, the cabin crew needs to prepare for takeoff :) (or maybe we already can and I just don't know that -> if yes tell me how, please :D )

Mark Visch

it would be even cooler if the cabin calls the FD and say cabin secure for takeoff/landing as we do at my company :wub:

Same way as cabin safety demo is triggered perhaps but then activate the ATT on radio panel. Maybe a bit to comprehensive but one can wish :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Simon Kelsey
4 hours ago, cc117 said:

Would be nice if we could modify the time, the cabin crew needs to prepare for takeoff :) (or maybe we already can and I just don't know that -> if yes tell me how, please :D )

If you have set the cabin ready logic to automatic mode, the time taken varies automatically depending on the number of passengers you have on board ;)

• Like 1
Darren Howie

That sounds cool but getting the cabin ready is independent of pax numbers.

Safety demo takes the same time as does the walk through so pax numbers really shoukdnt change it by more than a few seconds...

Our best crews get a 180 pax cabin ready in about 3.5 minutes after brales release to taxi. The average is 4.5 minutes.

Love this 320!!!

Norman Blackburn

I can guarantee that the passenger numbers do change the time it takes in real life.  Its a whole lot more than just a walk through.

Edward Spence

There's even more to it then that Norman!  

For instance a cabin full of frequent flyers I.E Business travelers know the drill about seatbelts, armrest ect ect so it can easily be a quick walk through.  Where as a cabin full of families with small children is more of a handful, as the small kids don't want to be strapped in and parents don't want to retract the tray table as they have an ipad or toys on it that the kids are playing with to keep them quiet! Then you have to ask them to put said ipad away....

• Like 1