Prepar3d v4 coming soon (64bit)

Sang Hyun Yoon

Todd Harrell

Yes, you will have to buy the new version. No different that going from v1 to v2 to v3. All major versions have to be purchased.

• Like 1
Christian Baldauf
On 23. Februar 2017 at 9:44 AM, tonaz said:

Actually, in a technical way of speaking, it IS history.

Since the moment P3D started using Dx11.

I will never understand people keep on using FSX.

Does anybody of you have at least some concerns when buying P3D from a company belonging to the weapons industry?

I know that Boeing and Airbus and perhaps also Microsoft play a role in that scene, but isn't there a difference between being used by the military and being a part of the military?

Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to say that I haven't moved to P3D also for that reason. Maybe this is making too much out of it, but the nasty taste remains at the moment (for me).

• Like 1
Rafal Haczek
5 hours ago, kriggelb said:

Does anybody of you have at least some concerns

Yes. I do. Just telling you so that you can know you're not alone. ;)
I don't want to write more as this would most likely be a slippery topic for many.

Tomoya Sasaki

I have a dream.

Installing FSL A320 and Drzewiecki Design New York City.

Setting to 4K texture option.

Then after, go to LaGuardia and trying Hudson river challenge.

This dream come to soon !! :D

M_i_k_e_V_o_g
On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, kriggelb said:

Does anybody of you have at least some concerns when buying P3D from a company belonging to the weapons industry?

I know that Boeing and Airbus and perhaps also Microsoft play a role in that scene, but isn't there a difference between being used by the military and being a part of the military?

Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to say that I haven't moved to P3D also for that reason. Maybe this is making too much out of it, but the nasty taste remains at the moment (for me).

You'll be amazed by how much of the technology that you use in daily life stems from military R&D. A lot of civil applications started their life as a part of a military project or indeed are derived from one.

No doubt one's life would look a whole lot different if one decided to shun all that has military technology in it. Do you not have that bitter taste when using your smartphone? after all, does it not have the very same GPS that's intended to guide cruise missiles?

• Like 1
Jonathan Fong
On 3/15/2017 at 11:31 PM, kriggelb said:

LM isn't part of the military at all - it's its own separate company. They only have contracts with the military, which many companies do - Boeing and Airbus have both worked with the US military as well, the former very much so (see the F/A-18, KC-135, etc.). By that logic, flying on any of their civilian planes would be immoral too. LM also has history in the civil aviation industry - just look at the L-1011 and the Constellation.

• Like 2