Engines on fire, brakes don't work, HSI gives only INS miles even when in RAD etc

BA002

I bought the Concorde sim a few days ago but so far it's not working as advertised.

On my first install I forgot to switch off the anti-virus and lo and below I had no undergear and no cockpit instruments. The anti virus threw away the FSLFSXCFG.dll file.

Second try I did disable the antivirus and that brought them back. However, other problems persist. I have tried half a dozen re-installs with various degrees of thoroughness (redownloading, deleting CIVA, deleting the Preliminary state) but all to no avail.

What happens is that if I start up with the Trike, select the Concorde aircraft and then load the Preliminary state and then FLY NOW, the engines are showing black smoke, which turns into a fire the moment I switch on the electrics. This is just visual, I made it to NY, sort of, trailing flames. Another issue is that once I switch off the parking brake it won't come back on half the time, and the brakes don't work at all.

Then the HSI. It only shows the mileage from the INS, even when switched to RAD. The deviation bar is coupled to RAD, at least near London, but limping into NY it refused to receive the ILS (and yes, I did switch it back to RAD).

And then in the 2D panel the compass occasionally changes into a hole in the fuselage.

If I select other scenarios some problems are fixed, but then other problems arise like for some reason I can't get the VFE to transfer fuel back, the landing lights are off in the cockpit but on in the outside or things like that and generally speaking it simple is not working as advertised.

Any idea what is going on?

Windows 10 64bit, version 1.39, yes I did reboot, Trike, DX10, no mods

And I might add never had any other problems, with PMDG737 incl FS2crew, Majestic Q400 and ASN installed

have you printed and read the manual and are you following the tutorial?

A couple of answers from me below in RED

56 minutes ago, BA002 said:

What happens is that if I start up with the Trike, select the Concorde aircraft and then load the Preliminary state and then FLY NOW, the engines are showing black smoke, which turns into a fire the moment I switch on the electrics. This is just visual, I made it to NY, sort of, trailing flames. Another issue is that once I switch off the parking brake it won't come back on half the time, and the brakes don't work at all. If the engines are shutdown you need ground power and ground hydraulics to apply parking brake. Have you selected this ?

Then the HSI. It only shows the mileage from the INS, even when switched to RAD. The deviation bar is coupled to RAD, at least near London, but limping into NY it refused to receive the ILS (and yes, I did switch it back to RAD). The distance from VOR when tuned via RAD is displayed on the DME display on the bottom left of the Captain panel. The HSI readout is only for showing distance from INS Waypoint.

James

Hello James, thanks for your reply. Regarding the brakes I will do some further experiments with them, but I can assure you that after landing in NY, still on the RWY with engines running of course, the brakes definitely didn't work. Forgot whether I managed to get the parking brake to work then, but once again, the period nor my assigned yoke button gave me any braking action. That was a flight that originated from the Preliminary state.

Regarding the INS I was confused by some images in the tutorial where the mileage on DME and HSI were similar, but I have queried the manual and you are right, it does say that the HSI only gives INS mileage regardless the INS/RAD switch. My bad.

All that still doesn't account for the engine fire and hole in the fuselage though :-)

Oddly enough I have now found that if I start by selecting Concorde and then select EGLL 27L and FLY NOW, so that I end up with the engines already running, they are not on fire. There still is the occasional hole in the fuselage when the compass is gone though...? It seems as if perhaps this Preliminary situation is causing me more problems than a direct FLY NOW situation?

• 2 months later...

Hey did you get your Brakes issue fixed? I have the same problem.  No Braking effect on the ground.  HYDs are on, i see brake pressure applied but it has to affect. P3D.  I have both the latest version of the Concorde and P3D.