64 bits

Angus Rowlands

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

Devs might know more, but from my perspective this is a very hard thing to predict, as we simply don't know how different 64Bit ESP sim (either LM or other dev) is going to be. And if it's not ESP, programming might get even more complicated. Would be like releasing for xplane...

For that reason I thin devs alone might only know when they see the product.

So far my opinion.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Navigator_41 said:

Just a question here, if LM ever goes to 64 bit will this A320 be compatible and will it be a free update from FS Labs?

Well it won't be compatible until they release an update of course but i've heard rumors from people that they have already begun to work on P3D 64bit Fslabs A320 if i am not mistaken :) 

• Like 1

I thought (I'm sure Andy or Lefteris will correct if wrong) that part of the premium pricing for the P3D version is to cover future costs of supporting any future P3D versions.

Dean Johnston
22 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We are unable to make any decisions of this nature until we can evaluate the platform for ourselves. 

but can yous at FSL tell us if there was to be a 64Bit would we get a free upgrade like what PMDG have done?

Andrew Wilson
2 minutes ago, DeanJohnston2717 said:

would we get a free upgrade like what PMDG have done?

It's not my place to comment on another developers business practices - but I think you'll find they stated an update to their titles would be free only if it came under the P3D v3 product line. 

That is not going to be the case.

Dean Johnston
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

It's not my place to comment on another developers business practices - but I think you'll find they stated an update to their titles would be free only if it came under the P3D v3 product line. 

That is not going to be the case.

ok thanks for the reply :)

21 minutes ago, DeanJohnston2717 said:

but can yous at FSL tell us if there was to be a 64Bit would we get a free upgrade like what PMDG have done?

This is the statement by PMDG:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

It looks like PMDG were expecting a 64bit version of P3D to be released within two years since that post expecting it to be v3.x.

Two years have passed since then so it looks like PMDG might make any decision and it is not that obvious what they are going to do as it looks like it is going to be P3D v4 that will be 64-bit.

7 minutes ago, Kosta said:

I have a feeling we will all have to pay for many upgrades, especially if addons are a little older...

I think that's inevitable.

Hopefully, at least some of the developers will offer the updates with a discount.

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

I think it also depends on how much different v4 is going to be and how much effort it is going to take to adapt addons to v4.

Certainly. However a big part of development is research and planing. Can't tell me that those two need to be done again.

2 minutes ago, Kosta said:

Certainly. However a big part of development is research and planing. Can't tell me that those two need to be done again.

Well, ORBX have already updated FTX Central is already compatible with v4. However, they also posted the airports are a different story.

5 minutes ago, Kosta said:

Did they? JV said only something about the dll, or did I misread it?

This is the quote:

Yes they will, but we will need to update objectflow.dll when the final release version of P3Dv4 is available so some airports will not function correctly until this DLL can be updated.

FTX Central v3.1 has already been updated to cater for P3D v4.x

Nah, I doubt that ORBX are going to ask for a full price. When they have announced the version for X-Plane (which was cancelled later) they stated that they were planning a discounted price for X-Plane version for those who already own the scenery.

Jonathan Fong

It's useless speculating about this, because as some have already said (including the devs), we don't know anything about P3D 64-bit right now and can't make any educated guesses on how much work it would take to port any of the FSL products to it. Even though PMDG have stated that they are considering a free upgrade, they have also stated that this will be subject to the actual situation with P3D 64-bit.

It looks like P3D v4 is in closed beta testing now. So I guess the devs of the major addons were able to get access to it and assess what has to be done to make their addons compatible, however, due to the NDA agreement they are unable to share any details about this yet. 

Jonathan Fong
2 hours ago, ai_ab said:

It looks like P3D v4 is in closed beta testing now. So I guess the devs of the major addons were able to get access to it and assess what has to be done to make their addons compatible, however, due to the NDA agreement they are unable to share any details about this yet. 

Andrew has said that they have been unable to evaluate it yet, which means that they haven't been able to get their hands on it, to put it simply.

16 minutes ago, fcisuperguy said:

Andrew has said that they have been unable to evaluate it yet, which means that they haven't been able to get their hands on it, to put it simply.

And I was continuing the discussion that was based on ORBX posts. According to this posts ORBX were able to implement P3D v4 compatibility in FTX Central and assessed the work to be done when P3D v4 to make their sceneries compatible.

Also I did not state that all the devs were able to get access to P3D v4 beta. Those who gained this access are going to have a head start.

• 1 month later...
Simon Light

Hi to everyone.

I'm in a real dilemma as to buy today or wait until the much rumored 64 P3D comes along. I've had to buy a certain expensive Aircraft addon twice before and don't want to get stung again!

Norman Blackburn

Simon,

Unlike some other addon aircraft, I would hope that the way we allow both FSX and P3D license to co-exist as a small upgrade rather than making our customers pay twice, should help reduce your fears.

Jose Francisco Ibañez M.

Hi to everyone.

I'm in a real dilemma as to buy today or wait until the much rumored 64 P3D comes along. I've had to buy a certain expensive Aircraft addon twice before and don't want to get stung again!

Is simple. We don't know when 64bits will happen.

So...Buy now. Fly now. Enjoy.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
M_i_k_e_V_o_g
11 minutes ago, Simon Light said:

You can see I am easily swayed lol!!

LOL,

Think you've made the right call. Who knows how long it would take till V4 is out AND how long until FSL adapts the 320 to V4....

• Like 1