How to create a custom Repaint / Livery

Maurice Mockert

Maurice Mockert

Hello together,

can someone of you tell my how to create a custom livery for the Airbus A320-X from FlightSimLabs? I have already downloaded the Paintkit with the Photoshop files inside. But how can I create an installer, like you can download it in the fslabs forum / livery section?

Thanks for you help in advance! 
Greetings and always 3 green 1f642.png:)

16463665_1369830046424202_3421809511307531228_o.jpg

Norman Blackburn
34 minutes ago, airmaurice said:

there must be a easier way :D i am not a programmer.

You dont need to be.  

On 07/02/2017 at 7:40 AM, airmaurice said:

Hello together,

can someone of you tell my how to create a custom livery for the Airbus A320-X from FlightSimLabs? I have already downloaded the Paintkit with the Photoshop files inside. But how can I create an installer, like you can download it in the fslabs forum / livery section?

Thanks for you help in advance! 
Greetings and always 3 green 1f642.png:)

16463665_1369830046424202_3421809511307531228_o.jpg

Nice paintwork!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Will Thomas

I just want to make sure I understand this thread correctly: I need to install an executable file, to create an installer, so I can use a custom paint/livery?

I've created the files and loaded them into a new texture folder along with entries in the aircraft.cfg file but that doesn't seem to work even though every other aircraft addon works this way. I'm beginning to really appreciate developers who create their own software that's included with their aircraft for creating and installing repaints.

Norman Blackburn
18 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

I just want to make sure I understand this thread correctly: I need to install an executable file, to create an installer, so I can use a custom paint/livery?

No, what makes you think that?  You can package them up as a zip file like nearly every single repainter has done here.

18 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

I've created the files and loaded them into a new texture folder along with entries in the aircraft.cfg file but that doesn't seem to work even though every other aircraft addon works this way. I'm beginning to really appreciate developers who create their own software that's included with their aircraft for creating and installing repaints.

You do NOT make any entries in aircraft.cfg, you create a text file called fltsim.cfg and add the same kind of info as you would have done in aircraft.cfg

The absolute BEST thing about this system is that the end user just drops in a single folder and it works.  No faffing about copy and pasting bits and pieces into their aircraft.cfg, etc

Will Thomas

Hi, Norman:

I found your other post on painting aircraft after I responded to this one and I agree it’s nice that we don’t need to mess with the config file. The paint kit could use some improvements but I was able to figure it out. 

I saw someone asking about an installer and assumed it was how the liveries are installed. After I found your post on how to install liveries I followed the instructions and my new paint works. 

~Will

Norman Blackburn

Excellent news @Will Thomas

When reinstalling your SIM as I have just done it is an absolute Godsend not having to also edit aircraft.cfg from multiple files.