• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Reber

• Andrew Wilson

• ai_ab

• Kashif Eizdi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, our plan is A319 (in progress), A321, A320 Sharklet, A318 (maybe). 

They will each be sold as expansions to our A320-X base product at a fraction of the cost.  We have an opportunity to model each variant in the same detail as our A320-X: different engine perform

No, the A319 is the most similar type to the A320. That's why we're doing this first.  We've worked on the A320 for 7 years - I think we know what we're doing

Aidan Hutchison

The problem with your question is that if I, or someone else were to tell you that there is a possibility of a neo (which there is, its not impossible), then you would have an expectation in your mind that there will be a neo, while this may not be the case. I assume that the developers already have a goal for the future and will share that with us when they're ready :D. 

Frederic Nadot

The logic should be a release of the sharklet models followed by the A319 and the A321.

Believe me, the difference between the CEO and the NEO is quite big and will need more than one year of programing and testing. A lot of logics have been modified and are not the same between PW and CFM.

• Like 4
Marcel Semelka

How about a little general roadmap update for all of us (next update/hotfix, SP1, professional version, other Airbus models etc.).

Would be great to know what we can expect in the near and far feature ;)

Karl Brooker
2 minutes ago, Juan86270 said:

The NEO version is possible first

The NEO is a "maybe" for the more distant future. Our roadmap is currently pretty busy, if you see Andy's post further up.

• Like 3
Kashif Eizdi

Guys. While the A320 NEO looks very cool there is still so much to be done on just the A320! I would rather see them model the rest of the A320 CEO family and add some more equipment variations then the NEO at this point TBH. If I really had it my way I would have them do an A380 :)

• Like 1
Khoa Nguyen
11 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Cool!!! Thanks for the update, A321 is great!

• Like 1
Joshua Hamdorf
14 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I just would have thought the A320 NEO then do the modelling for the 321,318 and 319. But its not my product and you guys know whats best. Also when you do bring out these other aircraft will there be no charge for current holders of the A320 or will it be like PMDG and pay for the extension?

Jouka Ahponen

Roadmap sounds very nice. I would love to see also A321 sharklet at some point. Makes the longest flights from Helsinki to Las Palmas that Finnair does for example possible. With normal A321 you may need an refuel stop in Madrid but A321 with sharklets increases changes to get to destination without fuelstops a lot. And if you are able to do A320 sharklets and A321 I don't feel it would be too big job to combine the data with A320 sharklets to A321. But of course I have also no idea how deep in details you go. All I know is that you go really deep and I appreciate that! Thanks.

/ Nicrative

• Like 3
Kashif Eizdi
14 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Are these going to all be separate purchases? How do you think the customer will justify the price if so?

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson

They will each be sold as expansions to our A320-X base product at a fraction of the cost. 

We have an opportunity to model each variant in the same detail as our A320-X: different engine performance models, flight performance, fuel burn and drag models, any variation in aircraft systems and components (newer versions). No one else has done that before.

There are many intricate details that the flight crews are aware of when flying the A319/20/21 - we want to offer our customers these expansion titles so that they too can appreciate the differences between the variants of the A320 fleet.

• Like 23
Khoa Nguyen
4 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

They will each be sold as expansions to our A320-X base product at a fraction of the cost. 

We have an opportunity to model each variant in the same detail as our A320-X: different engine performance models, flight performance, fuel burn and drag models, any variation in aircraft systems and components (newer versions). No one else has done that before.

There are many intricate details that the flight crews are aware of when flying the A319/20/21 - we want to offer our customers these expansion titles so that they too can appreciate the differences between the variants of the A320 fleet.

Would it be possible to have A330 series after A320 Sharklets , I think it is more interesting than the A320 NEO.

Thanks

• Like 1
Dean Johnston

Will the A321,A319 cost much? as we already paid 140e for a A320...and for a first time buyer can they buy it as a package?

6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Andrew Wilson
9 minutes ago, DeanJohnston2717 said:

Will the A321,A319 cost much? as we already paid 140e for a A320...and for a first time buyer can they buy it as a package?

Come on - the answer is right there in my quote that you actually included in your post. 

• Like 5
Jordan Jafferjee

In regards to the road map you have mentioned to you plan on dual FSX/P3D releases going forward on these additional air frames or something similar to the 320 release where FSX dropped first? 

Thanks! 

Pete Banner

Good plan Andrew. I suspect the A319 is first because the internal systems are pretty close to the A320; but my favourite, also more different however, is the A321
  • Like 4
Kashif Eizdi

Amazing. FSLabs are going to be doing so much detail that a plane that is only a few feet shorter then the A320 but identical in nearly all aspects will be modeled to such detail that we can tell the difference! I probably will not get the A319 or A318 but I am looking forward to the A321 :)

• Like 1
Frederic Nadot
17 hours ago, godfather said:

Question to the 319 lovers. Why are expecting this particular bird so much? For A321 I can understand, but maybe I am missing sth for the litle bro

First, I would like to carry the Airbus employees with the Germania one between EDHI and LFBO and maybe a coporate model will be included?... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
On 27/01/2017 at 8:23 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Does the A320 professional (cockpit edition) version fit anywhere in this line up? 

Thanks. 

Arto E.P. Karhu
18 hours ago, godfather said:

Question to the 319 lovers. Why are expecting this particular bird so much? For A321 I can understand, but maybe I am missing sth for the litle bro

It's a great bird for small airports. I'd use it as a kind of bush plane! :D It has somewhat sportier performance than the A320 and while it means little in the simulator, in reality it has that benefit that it is all but impossible to exceed weight & balance envelope with it in most routes.

On 28.1.2017 at 4:47 AM, Nicrative said:

Roadmap sounds very nice. I would love to see also A321 sharklet at some point. Makes the longest flights from Helsinki to Las Palmas that Finnair does for example possible. With normal A321 you may need an refuel stop in Madrid but A321 with sharklets increases changes to get to destination without fuelstops a lot. And if you are able to do A320 sharklets and A321 I don't feel it would be too big job to combine the data with A320 sharklets to A321.

Biggest reason behind the extended range of these "Canariffe Buses" Finnair operates are the somewhat inconvenient ACTs, that is, the extra fuel tanks that occupy areas 31 and 32 in rear hold. Still they likely need the Sharklets on those trips, as they are rather critical in just about everything, with fuel shortage basically beginning from the APU start on a bad day... I understand they are actually engine-out performance limited on some return legs, depending on routing, which potentially adds certain headache (and a fuel stop) to the planning as well.

-Esa

Andrew Wilson
2 hours ago, OmniAtlas said:

Does the A320 professional (cockpit edition) version fit anywhere in this line up? 

Thanks. 

Yes - this and SP1 are being worked on in parallel. 

• Like 4
Jouka Ahponen
2 hours ago, AKar said:

Biggest reason behind the extended range of these "Canariffe Buses" Finnair operates are the somewhat inconvenient ACTs, that is, the extra fuel tanks that occupy areas 31 and 32 in rear hold. Still they likely need the Sharklets on those trips, as they are rather critical in just about everything, with fuel shortage basically beginning from the APU start on a bad day... I understand they are actually engine-out performance limited on some return legs, depending on routing, which potentially adds certain headache (and a fuel stop) to the planning as well.

-Esa

Yeah, I know. Maybe I worded it a bit correct. Meant that on sharklet version of the plane with sharklets and extra fuel tanks allows them to fly that long flights :) Does fslabs have any plans on the A321ER?

Antonis Kastrinakis
On 27/01/2017 at 11:23 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Dangle an A330 worm in front of me, Andy, and you've got me hook, line and sinker! Long haul on an FSL quality A330. Wow! I could die happy after that :lol:

• Like 5
M@TTHl@S PlETSCH
21 hours ago, Nicrative said:

Yeah, I know. Maybe I worded it a bit correct. Meant that on sharklet version of the plane with sharklets and extra fuel tanks allows them to fly that long flights :) Does fslabs have any plans on the A321ER?

I guess it is hard for them to model a plane that does not exist yet. They have no access to data from Airbus directly so I guess the A321ER might be something gor the very distant future - if ever. 

Jouka Ahponen
1 hour ago, Mad_X said:

I guess it is hard for them to model a plane that does not exist yet. They have no access to data from Airbus directly so I guess the A321ER might be something gor the very distant future - if ever. 

I have heard many speak the current Sharkelt version as A321ER, especially Finnair seems to use that term. Meaning the model A321-231.

Sure there is also A321LR coming with the NEO version, which are still some time away from operating customers.

I love the A319, no doubt my favorite of the mini bus series, in the mean time i'm quite happy now and staying busy with the A320. Beautiful plane to fly.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:20 AM, Alpha_floor said:

Dangle an A330 worm in front of me, Andy, and you've got me hook, line and sinker! Long haul on an FSL quality A330. Wow! I could die happy after that :lol:

Wouldn't we all?

• Like 2