Sign in to follow this  
Pessa

Aersoft MCP 747

Pessa

Hello guys, 

I have the old Aerosoft MCP for the PMDG 747 but, I don't use anymore the FSX only P3D...

Is there any chance of your driver work properly with the QW757, 747iFly, PMDG 737 NGX?

And in the future, FSLabs pretend update the MCP for new PMDG release 747v3 once PMDG informed a new SDK for news third parts!!

I am only checking the information to buy the driver.

Thank you in advance.

Pessa.

Michael Freeman

It was a no to me when asked... however one never knows if things change. I've sold mine but would happily buy it back if the good ship fslabs were to deliver.

Should make it clear I've written the idea off as the user, and I'll assume Lefteris has in the absence of any reply. It was a very good tool whilst it lasted on v1 in fsx though. Sadly missed.

Mike

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear all,

unfortunately there is no longer any business sense in creating those drivers as there is considerable work required and the company that develops that aircraft has specifically prohibited anyone from having their hard work compensated if they are going to use their SDK.

Michael Freeman

Hi Lefteris,

Fair play. I do wonder how virtual avionics can charge for their FMC apps though - that surely use the same SDKs.

It's old hardware now anyway - it just looked so good.... understood your reasons.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Very good question, that.

I don't have the answer, I am afraid. Might you want to ask those who can answer?

P.Alessie

Very sorry to hear this.

So if I understand it right, there is no way I will be able to use my Aerosoft MCP for P3D, in combination with PMDG QOTS 2?

Will the drivers still work for the following combination tough?

FSX with PMDG QOTS 2 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Lefteris Kalamaras

As I mentioned before, the company that develops that aircraft has specifically prohibited anyone from having their hard work compensated if they are going to use their SDK.

As such, there is no longer any support provided for their products...

Peter

Hi Lefteris,

I too used the driver and the Aerosoft Australia MCP747 program on FSX together with the Project Magenta Boeing suite for many years.

Have now switched to a new Windows 10 PC and  P3Dv4.1. (P3D will only be used for the external world).

When trying to install the MCP 747 program a message windows pops up saying:  "Microsoft Flightsimulator FSX.exe not found. MCP747 needs at least FSX.exe  SP1".

I want to avoid having to install FSX though.

Have tried to add a fake registry entry for FSX.exe (located within P3D root dir), but to no avail the MCP747 will not install.

Any idea how to install the MCP 747 without a real FSX installation?

Any hint highly appreciated

Thanks a lot in advance

Pete