How to change cockpit resolution?

Angelo Cosma

peter kelberg

i believe  all you need  to do is  to  re install the bineries   again  to change  it  sure  that some  one  else  will confirm this

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NGisi said:

Can't you just change the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD setting in the fsx.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg ??

Sure, however it wont matter if 4096 is set in the .cfg but only 2048 actual textures were installed. The cfg is not an up-converter, it just allows the sim to render those textures if they are installed. 

Is it recommended or advised to disable Mip-Mapping when flying the 320? I have seen it mentioned before but I am not sure if it is to help with VAS and reduce clarity, OR if it makes the actual VC and displays look better. 

Secondly the displays themselves seem to change hue and color several times when adjusting the brightness. The Blue and Brown vary through many colors when adjusting the brightness. What do you guys think? 

N_i_k_l_a_s__G_i_e_r_s_e

For me disabling mipmapping made a BIG difference.

The displays and the text are much crisper and the pretty much all the text in the VC was like blurry, thick and just not very comfortable too look at.

Now all the VC Textures are sharp and clear with absolutely no performance difference whatsoever:).

1 hour ago, Angelo said:

Sure, however it wont matter if 4096 is set in the .cfg but only 2048 actual textures were installed. The cfg is not an up-converter, it just allows the sim to render those textures if they are installed. 

Sorry about that, I hadn't really thought about it ;).

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
Ulrich Karp

It's been a while since I have done my last installation and I remember at some point I was asked set the preferred resolution. I want to change that now but each time I re-install I get the same installation again without being asked to change settings. No matter if I do that manually or with ControlCenter. So how exactly can I change cockpit resolution?

Alp Deniz Senyurt

There's no setting anymore. You just change your global sim setting regarding texture resolution and thats it.