My P3D Setting and Performance values (FPS and Free VAS)

Bob Lyddy

Bob Lyddy

I know some of us are experiencing VAS and FPS issues and I wanted to show with reasonable settings the A320-X is smooth, fluid and reasonable usage of VAS.  

I've included pics of my P3D, ASCA settings and have uploaded my P3D Scenery.cfg file.  The screen pic of the A320-X was taken after I landed and turned off the runway at Orbx's KPSP.  I was running ASCA and AS16 for P3D using live wx.  I am not running Nvidia Inspector, and my PC specs are listed in my signature.  In addition, I do NOT have Orbx Vector installed as I find it too much of a VAS consumer for what if offers.

I'm not looking for a debate stating my settings are too 'low', etc... For the flying I do these settings provide the visual representation and sim performance that I am looking for. 

We all need to remember we are using a flight simulator and not a scenery simulator.

Scenery.png

Sound.png

Traffic.png

Weather.png

ASCA Settings.png

Controls.png

Failures.png

FlightPath.png

General.png

Graphics.png

Lighting.png

Orbx_KPSP_P3D.png

P3D_Version.png

Realism.png

scenery.cfg

• Like 4
Mark Wolpert

I think you may be missing out on some A320X stuff by setting your special effects detail to off.  FSL does not even recommend that.   Otherwise pretty reasonable and for jet flights no need to have it much higher.  I have my settings slightly higher on the auto gen and my cloud textures are a mix of 512 and 1024.  So far so good.

I wish people would get SimStarterNG so they can custom their sim for the type of flying they do.  When I am in the A2A 182 my sim is rocking but I need that because I am low and slow, for a jet, who cares.

• Like 1
Wayne George
12 minutes ago, The_Richtig said:

50% airline traffic? I thought A. I traffic was one of the largest vas consumers? 

It is, its a vas hog! a big one

Christopher Allan

You will see that Bob has vehicle and boat traffic set to zero. These also hog VAS, so he is saving there. The actual percentage setting for airline traffic is not critical all by itself. The kind of traffic you are using, WOAI, MyTraffic etc, and how much of it you have installed will also make a difference. For instance, my scenery/world/scenery folder has 606 aircraft traffic bgl's. At certain airports, I can change the airline traffic from 0% to 20% and get maybe 1 aircraft to show up, with negligible impact on VAS or FPS. Increasing to 50% might get me a couple more planes. Remember, a lot of AI traffic files are designed so that flights won't actually appear unless the traffic setting is above a particular percentage. In an effort to get some traffic, I have set airline traffic to 100% at times and seen very little difference, whereas at Heathrow it might be a show stopper. Generally, If I can see a couple of other planes and/or hear someone else talking on the radio, that's enough for me.

Paul_G_Bosak

Bob,

you will get into trouble with several payware addon airports if you set a mesh resolution > 2m.

Did some testing yesterday on my own with several prominent addon airports and had not a single VAS issue.

I'd rather uncheck more of the unnecessary VFR ORX Vector stuff and reduce visual range to 60NM if i had issues with VAS.

GTX 750TI, I7 4790K

Sat at UK2000 EGKK for about 10 mins messing around with saved panel states

REX 4, ASN, FTX GLOBAL + Open LC, GSX

With these exact setting i did UK2000 Gatwick to Aerosoft Rome 83% at the gate

And again i will do UK2000 Gatwick to FlyTampa Vienna: Will report at gate

Is there a VAS leak somewhere in P3D as some people would instantly OOM with these settings? I have the latest version of P3D

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_17.png

• Like 1
David Webster
6 minutes ago, cbbonus81 said:

v193 ,much better for me so far

thank you 

flights use to start with only 800mb free

now v193 starts with 1300mb free

I'm seeing roughly the same numbers with V193. Well done FSL!

• Like 1
Matthew Derr
21 hours ago, Barnes said:

I'm seeing roughly the same numbers with V193. Well done FSL!

I also saw relatively same numbers and was finally able to complete my first flight without an OOM! ORD-IAH (FSDT sceneries, ORBX Global, Vector).  Landed with around 600mb remaining.  

Although an improvement for sure compared to Friday's release, am hoping to see more optimizing so longer missions would be possible.  

Very impressive and in-depth product, overall.  Great job to the team! 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I'd say you can get a solid 50 fps on ground, but getting airborne is a whole different story. I've got only 20+ fps of VC in the air, even not more that 40 fps at outside view.

• 2 months later...
Yang Shuo
On 2017/2/8 at 2:09 PM, Benji_ATC said:

Well, I'd say you can get a solid 50 fps on ground, but getting airborne is a whole different story. I've got only 20+ fps of VC in the air, even not more that 40 fps at outside view.

i am only 30fps up and down in some addon seneray , but the PXXG 7X7 can get 40-50fps , what the cat.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Ian McPhail

Has anyone done this for the Version 4 variant of the A320.  It is a great aircraft but a frame hog.

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
10 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

Has anyone done this for the Version 4 variant of the A320.  It is a great aircraft but a frame hog.

Try these.  A few of us on the team use Tim Mitchells as a great starting point.

• 1 year later...
Simon St Martin
On 1/22/2017 at 1:32 PM, Nazif Duru said:

GTX 750TI, I7 4790K

Hi Duru, 

my name is Simon, I was looking through this forum to check other peoples performance with this aircraft as mine is particularly bad. I saw that you have just around the same system specs as me (I have i7 6700K and GTX 1070). But you have considerably better FPS than I do, I get around 19 FPS at a default p3d airport!  Just wondering if you have any special .cfg changes etc. that you would be willing to share. 

Regards,

Simon S.

Simon St Martin

4 hours ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Simon,

your settings? Sim? 

Perhaps start a new thread as this one is virtually historic and probably relating to p3d v3

ok thanks! I am not currently home but will adjust them to close to yours and see how it does. Thanks!

4 hours ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Simon,

your settings? Sim? 

Perhaps start a new thread as this one is virtually historic and probably relating to p3d v3

ok thanks! I am not currently home but will adjust them to close to yours and see how it does. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Karl-Heinz Klotz

As I'm going to upgrade my rig to an SLI configuration. I will do some tests before and after in order to know about performance changes.

For the tests I use one "light" aircraft and one "heavy", the Carenado C152II and the FSLabs A320 in P3D V4.4. All tests are done with the same options configuration, just switching between Dynamic Lighting on and off, Shadows Ultra and Medium and varying Antialiasing.

My rig has a I7-7700K at 4,9GHz, hyperthreading off, 16BG of RAM and a 1080TI. I did the tests now with one 1080TI and summed it up in a PDF (see attached). I will do the upgrade during the week and will then post a second PDF with the SLI results.

Maybe some of you have some ideas or requests for additional tests that could make sense.

Cheers,

Karl

P3D V4.4 Test I7-7700K 4,9GHz - 1080TI.pdf

• 3 months later...
Hans Westman
On 2/17/2019 at 10:33 PM, Karl-Heinz Klotz said:

As I'm going to upgrade my rig to an SLI configuration. I will do some tests before and after in order to know about performance changes.

For the tests I use one "light" aircraft and one "heavy", the Carenado C152II and the FSLabs A320 in P3D V4.4. All tests are done with the same options configuration, just switching between Dynamic Lighting on and off, Shadows Ultra and Medium and varying Antialiasing.

My rig has a I7-7700K at 4,9GHz, hyperthreading off, 16BG of RAM and a 1080TI. I did the tests now with one 1080TI and summed it up in a PDF (see attached). I will do the upgrade during the week and will then post a second PDF with the SLI results.

Maybe some of you have some ideas or requests for additional tests that could make sense.

Cheers,

Karl

P3D V4.4 Test I7-7700K 4,9GHz - 1080TI.pdf 1.25 MB · 72 downloads

Nice tests, it confirms wy 8msaa is popular with the 1080Ti on 4K

If i was you i should sell the 1080TI and go for a AIO cooled 2080TI , Evga, Gigaabyte for example.

I have 2X 1080Ti Galax OC Lab in SLI before , now a run a single 2080TI Galax OC Lab AIO 280rad,  tested 2x 2080TI in SLI not much gain have not enough Cpu for them.

The single 2080Ti at 2175 mhz boost perform better than 2x 1080Ti at 2100mhz in SLI, P3D v4.

I use a 9900K at 5.4 ghz htoff for my sim and run it when testing the cards 1080T, 2080TII  in single and SLI  in P3D V4.5

it was with these cards and CPU not tuned as  hard as on my timespy result https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6979937

Danny Moore

This is a 2 year old topic. I’m sure things have changed since the OP’s posting. As far as the 2080TI goes, not everyone wants to drop that kind of cash, especially on a AIO version. Most can only dream. The 1080TI is still a solid card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hans Westman
9 hours ago, Dan Moore said:

This is a 2 year old topic. I’m sure things have changed since the OP’s posting. As far as the 2080TI goes, not everyone wants to drop that kind of cash, especially on a AIO version. Most can only dream. The 1080TI is still a solid card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the 1080Ti is a solid card , 2 more years when LM ported over more and more work to the GPU, If you run 4K with decent settings and overcast or at night the 1080TI in single config had a very hard time not to bottleneck, on the other hand fly in clear weather the 1080TI 2080TI is more then enough a 1060 1070 do the work just ok.

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

I have a 2080 ti, before 1080ti
normally the 1080ti whd is enough
But not at night on an airport.
I blocked with the 2080ti (night / Airport) 32 fps and has 90-100
full utilization