Some early parameters for those of us using hardware controls

Dave Hyde

Adam Schofield

And don't forget the many people who create there own interfaces to flightsim. I am sure many people would be very dissaponted to have to be tied into hardware companies when all that's needed is a nice simple software interface to export values to homebrew interfaces. I can't think of one other aircraft that I have purchased that dosnt do this. Am I really going to have to spend a lot of money just to be able to read autopilot values?

Vincent Twisker

Haha...so true. And very frustrating indeed. Maybe the time has come to explore alternatives; my homebrew hardware is running out of patience anyway...."By the end of the year"

Matthias Staud
21 hours ago, Vincent Twisker said:

- A note for our FSLabs A32X Home Cockpit and Professional Versions future customers: We are working with select hardware providers who have been eager to lend us their products so that we can ensure full and correct compatibility. Delays in releasing compatibility kits have been inevitable due to the various simulator platforms being released simultaneously. We hope and expect to have something for our customers by the end of the year...

Patience my friend ☺

I'm not sure if I'm understand it - you mean we will get a solution to receive and send Events like "Master Warning" at the end of the year?

Or you provide a solution which I can use if I buy some hardware oder software extension for my fslabs plane?

Best Regrds

rentasad

Vincent Twisker

Hi rentasad,

The above was a quote from an announcement made by FSLabs last year. Unfortunately it did not specify by the end of WHICH year they will release a "Homecockpit" version. Until they release a SDK we are stuck with what has been found by the community.

By the way, you may want to check out LINDA; there are a few more functions available than with the rotorbrake codes published on this forum.

ATB 

Vincent 

• 5 months later...
Matthias Staud
On 2/8/2018 at 5:10 PM, Vincent Twisker said:

Hi rentasad,

The above was a quote from an announcement made by FSLabs last year. Unfortunately it did not specify by the end of WHICH year they will release a "Homecockpit" version. Until they release a SDK we are stuck with what has been found by the community.

By the way, you may want to check out LINDA; there are a few more functions available than with the rotorbrake codes published on this forum.

ATB 

Vincent 

Hi Vincent,

could you recommend a good toturial for starting with Linda in this context?

Best Greetings

Matthias

• 4 months later...
Chakko Kovoor

Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded to the latest FSX version of the FSL A320X: FSLabs_A320X_FSX_v1.0.1.310

The following controls, which used to work with version FSLabs_A320X_v1.0.1.197_FSX, no longer seem to work now:

-- Engine 1 Master Switch

ipc.control(66587, 78187) -- lift

ipc.control(66587, 78189)  -- down

ipc.control(66587, 78186) -- shift

-- Engine 2 Master Switch

ipc.control(66587, 78192)  -- lift

ipc.control(66587, 78194)  -- down

ipc.control(66587, 78191)  -- shift

I have listed the controls and parameters in the format I use for FSUIPC-LUA scripting.

I tried using the controls/parameters that are listed for same switches in the P3D versions (available in the downloads section of the LINDA forum at Avsim), but they do not work (with my FSX version) either.

Would anyone be able to confirm this, and if necessary, list the updated controls/parameters for the FSX version.

Thanks,

Chakko.

Jürgen Heuwetter

I can confirm. And a few more changed (WX Radar and Transponder knobs). But you can easily read the parameters with the FSUIPC logging function.

Chakko Kovoor
19 hours ago, Jürgen Heuwetter said:

But you can easily read the parameters with the FSUIPC logging function.

I am not able to see any control events when I use the FSUIPC logging function with console window. I strongly suspect this is because I am using 2-D panel windows only (and do not have the VC installed). I would therefore be very grateful to any FSX user who is using the A320X in VC, to log the controls/parameters associated with Engine 1 and 2 Master Switches, as in my post above, and record them here.

Thanks.

Chakko Kovoor
18 hours ago, Mike Ionas said:

You can also get them from the actions.lua of the latest LINDA module.

No, the codes in the actions.lua of the most recent LINDA module are usable only in P3D......and do not work with the latest FSX version of the A320X.....I checked.

Jürgen Heuwetter
On 12/7/2018 at 1:20 PM, Chakko Kovoor said:

I am not able to see any control events when I use the FSUIPC logging function with console window. I strongly suspect this is because I am using 2-D panel windows only (and do not have the VC installed). I would therefore be very grateful to any FSX user who is using the A320X in VC, to log the controls/parameters associated with Engine 1 and 2 Master Switches, as in my post above, and record them here.

Thanks.

I'll post the new values tonight.

• Thanks 1
Jürgen Heuwetter

Here's my Excel-File. I can't remember where I downloaded the original, might have been here, Yet, I only updated the codes where I found problems after the update, and that was in the sections for WX radar, transponder, gravity gear extension, rudder trim, engine master, mode selector and parking brake. There might be changes in codes that I don't use with my setup.

FSL_A320_ControlCodes_FSX.xlsx

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Luke Armansin
On 3/10/2017 at 4:19 PM, Alan Davies said:

You can edit your .lua file and enter those parameters, for example:  ipc.control(196877,524288).  But that doesn't do anything on my system.  When I look for APU Master parameters I get control 197276, and various parameters such as 65536, 131072, 196608, 26214, etc. up to 589824.  (Hex 10000, 20000, 30000, 40000, etc. up to 90000) But none of them operate the button when called from a lua file.

I'd love to be able to assign APU Master, APU Start, APU Bleed, and a few other pb's to joystick buttons, like I do for every plane I fly.  But it seems that without some guidance/help from the developers, I'm at a dead end for now.

Alan

Has anyone had any luck with this? I would also love to be able to assign these to controls 

Alexandre K
33 minutes ago, Luke Armansin said:

Has anyone had any luck with this? I would also love to be able to assign these to controls 

Hey, I don't think it is yet possible to assign the pushbuttons to binds with rotorbrake codes.

However, if you have P3D v4.4 you can create macros via FSUIPC and it works perfectly.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Frederic Nadot
On 1/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, Luke Armansin said:

I am also in this case. I have assigned all my buttons via a FSUIPC macro but no way to activate the APU Start button (Master switch OK). Another question: is it possible to add a pause in a FSUIPC mouse macro?

Raffaele Fia$ella
On 1/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, Luke Armansin said:

I’m trying but I can’t seem to get it to work hence using LINDA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to create a mouse macro than assign to this macro a keyboard button. Once it works assign this button to any function in LINDA if you are using LINDA to control the panel ... As I remembered in Linda you cannot call directly a mouse macro

Frederic Nadot

Thank you very much Alexandre but the value of you macro does not work for me. As I am beta tester, I think that it is due to a more recent mdl used by me.

However, you did not send your macro for nothing. It drove me on the good way. My mistake was to write a sequence with a last line ending by a click release like that:

16=APU Start

16.1=RX24403807,3

16.2=RX24403807,13

Writing this for push buttons seems not to work correctly on the A3XX excepted for the APU Master Switch. I also had this issue with APU Bleed and T.O. config.

Writing "16=RX24403807,3" has fixed my problem.

Thanks again! :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Volker Hofmann
On 6/24/2017 at 10:43 AM, Chakko Kovoor said:

I built a hardware EFIS+FCU for my A320X, using FS Controls for the inputs and on-screen pixel detection for the outputs, and here is a video demonstrating its functionality:

Demo: Hardware EFIS + FCU for FSLabs A320X

Hi Chakko,

i am on planning to build my homecockpit with fslabs a320. How does it works with the pixel detection ? 

greetings from Volker